• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2024 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Mixed on Lone Star, I have not thrown any of their plastic (I throw all Innova) but being from Texas, I got to be a fan of the company.

Considering Disc Golf is sort of a hobby at the moment for them (they were already in the plastic business) I wonder if they are just trying to make a huge impact to gain market share hoping to reap the rewards in the future.

I don't follow Prodigy sales much but does Gannon really move a ton of plastic?

If I'm a manufacturer I don't think I'd be willing to give somebody a disc line unless I'm pretty confident in their ability to promote it.

Let's be real, aside from Paul and Paige everybody else's disc lines have kinda been a flop. Simon's will do well once stock molds are actually in stores.

Lone Star has the deep pockets to sign Gannon. The question is will they, or would he even be interested. They gave Nikko his own line of discs as part of his deal and though small, there's some solid discs in that grouping. I don't know if they are the correct fit for each other though. It's a bad year for contracts and I'd hate to see Gannon over-value himself against the current market, or likewise under-value himself and sign a "get me to a better market in two years" type deal with any of the brands. HOD seems like the main contending group who would see the benefit in throwing money at Gannon. Innova certainly could, but do they really want to, and how much would they offer. Discraft or MVP seems unlikely but stranger things have happened. Is there a company willing to "over pay" the current market to ensure they lock up Gannon? Or will it be a multitude of similar offers and he gets to basically choose who he wants without one deal being significantly better than another? Remains to be seen.

Lone Star has the deep pockets to sign Gannon. The question is will they, or would he even be interested. They gave Nikko his own line of discs as part of his deal and though small, there's some solid discs in that grouping. I don't know if they are the correct fit for each other though. It's a bad year for contracts and I'd hate to see Gannon over-value himself against the current market, or likewise under-value himself and sign a "get me to a better market in two years" type deal with any of the brands. HOD seems like the main contending group who would see the benefit in throwing money at Gannon. Innova certainly could, but do they really want to, and how much would they offer. Discraft or MVP seems unlikely but stranger things have happened. Is there a company willing to "over pay" the current market to ensure they lock up Gannon? Or will it be a multitude of similar offers and he gets to basically choose who he wants without one deal being significantly better than another? Remains to be seen.
Yeah no way Innova would break the market to sign Gannon and have Calvin and BigSexy asking for the same.

Yeah no way Innova would break the market to sign Gannon and have Calvin and BigSexy asking for the same.

BigSexy might have a good future in commentating, but they aren't as competitive on the course anymore.

They could potentially be moved to a Legends type team with Innova, where they still receive financial support and signature discs, but they aren't likely to win Elites or Majors again.

Innova might see the upside in sponsoring the kid who has one of the highest ceilings right now.

From online rumors on Calvin, it would appear that he is getting well taken care of already.

Plus Heimburg has the Toro with Innova and Vela/Draco with the Millenium side gig, so Buhr could see Signature Discs right off the bat.

Especially with a USDGC under his belt.

Speaking of Millennium, they seem to be hanging on pretty well through tough times getting molds made and only being a secondary sponsor to only a few names. It sure seems like Innova could do a HoD thing and absorb but keep 'independent' them and Infinite. That would allow them to offer disc lines under those other brands.

I agree with Innova maybe doing something with Jerm, Sexton, and Philo. They definitely have value, but possibly restructure their deals to align more with what they're actually doing throughout the year.

At that point Calvin and Freeman are their heavy hitters. Another top contender or two definitely wouldn't hurt.

Antilla's 2 year deal with Discmania is up.

Gossage's one year deal is up with Discraft.

King's contract with Innova has apparently expired as well.

I'm assuming Eagle will stay on with Discmania (especially since he's actually getting surgery now).

Hopefully Silva can find a deal that works for her.

Mandujano could potentially stay with Discraft and there's a couple others who might sign new deals with their current sponsor or go looking (Clemons, Callaway for example).

So of the people below not under contract for 2024 (that I know of yet), who moves for sure?

Gannon Buhr - Prodigy contract expires (probably gone)
Aaron Gossage - Discraft contract expires (probably stays)
Niklas Antilla - Discmania contract expires (probably stays)
Ben Calloway - Rumored to be moving (not sure on this one)
Matty O - Westside contract expires (probably stays)
Bradley Williams - Innova contract expires (probably stays)
Chris Clemons - Dynamic contract expires (probably stays)
Val Mandujano - 1 year Discraft deal expires (probably stays)
Hailey King - Innova 1 year deal expires (probably stays)
Elle Midtlyng - Currently no big manufacturer sponsor (probably will have several options)

Speaking of Millennium, they seem to be hanging on pretty well through tough times getting molds made and only being a secondary sponsor to only a few names. It sure seems like Innova could do a HoD thing and absorb but keep 'independent' them and Infinite. That would allow them to offer disc lines under those other brands.
I don't think Innova minds them continuing as separate entities and diffusing their business risk a bit - especially since the founders are getting up in age. My understanding is the original Innova founders wouldn't dilute their shares to allow Houck + Duvall to become an investor in Innova directly so the pair spun up Millennium. Infinite was a retailer prior to starting their own disc line and most of their business is retail/distribution side.

It seems like Innova makes most of their normal per disc profits just by manufacturing and the price these partner brands charge is slightly more than the stock Innova discs in the same plastics. Innova pros are allowed to pursue sponsorships from the manufacturer partner brands and Heimburg/Freeman/Gurthie/Barsby/Finley/Brathwaite all have 1-2 signature/tour discs out under each while being sponsored by Innova primarily. Players could see this as a benefit and could sway them to take the Innova offer over other brands. I don't expect Innova or their partner brands to ever offer signature lines/molds for specific players - just the backing of multiple tour series discs produced to meet player specs & demand.

Last edited:
Not sure if Houck and Duvall are still involved with Millennium at this point. A few years ago Discs Unlimited in Kansas bought them I believe.

I'd expect not much has changed day to day though.

My understanding is the original Innova founders wouldn't dilute their shares to allow Houck + Duvall to become investors in Innova directly so the pair spun up Millennium. Infinite was a retailer prior to starting their own disc line and most of their business is retail/distribution side.

Uh ... Harold Duvall and his brother Charlie were co-founders of Innova with Dave Dunipace and Tim Selinski. Dave is on record as saying, in multiple intervies over 20+ years, that Harold and Charlie provided the initial funding for the original Aero mold.

So of the people below not under contract for 2024 (that I know of yet), who moves for sure?

Gannon Buhr - Prodigy contract expires (probably gone)
Aaron Gossage - Discraft contract expires (probably stays)
Niklas Antilla - Discmania contract expires (probably stays)
Ben Calloway - Rumored to be moving (not sure on this one)
Matty O - Westside contract expires (probably stays)
Bradley Williams - Innova contract expires (probably stays)
Chris Clemons - Dynamic contract expires (probably stays)
Val Mandujano - 1 year Discraft deal expires (probably stays)
Hailey King - Innova 1 year deal expires (probably stays)
Elle Midtlyng - Currently no big manufacturer sponsor (probably will have several options)

I could see Bradley Williams going to someone like Clash Discs, who has a mostly full line-up, where he would be the marquee player. Unless Innova bumps him up to their top team of course.

He spent a lot of time in Europe last season, so makes you wonder if there was other motivations on his part (beyond his special lady friend).

Gossage could potentially get more elsewhere, but maybe not if manufacturers are pulling back.

I've heard Callaway to Lone Star, which makes sense considering he's not a top tier pro (fits their model so far).

I can't imagine Discmania letting Antilla go. Eagle, Klein, Antilla is a great top team line up. Especially with European growth of the sport.

King is interesting. I would think she is well taken care of and can't imagine another team going after her (maybe MVP?).

Curious to see what Dynamic does with their FPO team in the near future. Kona's contract is up in two years. Can't imagine she tours full-time next year. Will a come back to her former play be possible in 2025? Especially with all the new talent?

Should also be interesting to see what happens with Paige Shue.

Finally, Paige Pierce has an interesting future. Does she ever come back to touring? I believe her contract is up soon. Does Discraft see the future value in her?

I've heard Callaway to Lone Star, which makes sense considering he's not a top tier pro (fits their model so far).

Nikko was the only non-Texas hometown get last year. Lone Star specific model in 2022 offseason heading into 2023 was to set out to sign Texas pros, not necessarily top level pros. After getting Carter Ahrens (Washington Native) it will be interesting to see if they change up that model.

Looks like Ben Callaway is off the Team Discraft webpage now, but Val, Goose, and PP are still present.

Ben's been throwing Discraft for a loooooong time, perhaps this change will invigorate him to take his game even a notch higher before he gets too long in the tooth to compete at the highest level. He still had some very nice finishes this year including 6th at Blue Ridge, 2nd at Jonesboro, 1st at Rumble, 8th at DDO, 8th at European open and 7th at MVP open. Def rooting for my fellow Iowan to keep climbing the rating and ranking ladder.

Last edited:
Not sure if Houck and Duvall are still involved with Millennium at this point. A few years ago Discs Unlimited in Kansas bought them I believe.

I'd expect not much has changed day to day though.

Uh ... Harold Duvall and his brother Charlie were co-founders of Innova with Dave Dunipace and Tim Selinski. Dave is on record as saying, in multiple intervies over 20+ years, that Harold and Charlie provided the initial funding for the original Aero mold.
Maybe it was just Houck then that wasn't able to buy-in and partnered with Duvall as a way to start up Millennium? I'm aware DU acquired Millennium a while ago (10+ years I think) so now their relationship and Infinite's relationship are pretty similar to Innova as both retailer/distributor and molding partner.

Does Alden Harris joining a Discmania collectors groups on FB (heard it on the latest Grip Locked podcast) indicate he might join Babcock (and maybe Buhr) at Discmania? Or does it mean DM will add Harris instead of Buhr, since it might be too much to add Buhr while keeping Klein and Eagle? But if they got a bag from HoD?

But I believe Prodigy really want to keep Alden, so I still think he will stay. The speculations have been a bit slow so far, so at least it's something 🤷‍♂️ .

This was just discovered during a quiz on The Nick & Matt show: Chris Clemons just recently changed his Instagram handle from ddclemonade to dgclemonade :unsure: . I didn't see Clemonade leave DD, but on the other hand I didn't see Eric Oakley DD and certainly not Simon leave Discmania coming. Or maybe he's just trolling or chaning his handle just because.

Last edited:
Chris Clemons is from the MO side of KC, which is far inferior to the KU side but the BBQ is probably almost okay - just like their basketball :ROFLMAO:

If I was stuck in KCMO looking for eats, I'd give this place a try because it also has classic cars to check out while you wait. You can also now order online.
Home - A Little BBQ Joint
About Us
We are a family owned business that offers delicious mouth-watering BBQ, great choices of smoked meats, as well as our very own sauces and sides. Our goal is to provide great food, great service, and a great atmosphere to our customers!

Latest posts