• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2024 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Austin turner leaves DGA. Going to say it again… Turner (Junior World Champion) to Latitude 64's world champion team

Eagle to Clash?!? Clash is at least making their biggest announcement for 2024 the same day as Eagle supposedly will announce his new sponsor. Or maybe it is Niklas Anttila, Gannon Buhr or Alden Harris? Or maybe just something much less exciting...

1704963107216.png

Gonna need a tub of popcorn for the weekend the way this is shaping up.

IMHO, MVP saying their roster is done and then to come back with "gotcha! we are adding Eagle" would be a dick move

If so, it is what it is. Im just soooo ready to know it all. And then for the tourneys to start rolling. When is the first real event anyways?

First eventes of the Pro Tour:

All-star weekend February 16 - February 18
2024 Chess.com Invitational. February 23 - February 25

Both at McCease' Olympus course in Florida

Well Infinite posted their team, so that can be put to bed as a possibility.

One question to ask, is Alden Harris really that big of a name?

I see he had a couple of top 10 finishes last year, but is his supposed popularity based on his YT channel and Gannon friendship?

Yep, and I think that's what a sponsor is willing to pay for now - subscribers. Unless you're among the top 5 "big names", YT/Insta and how you're looked at within the DG community is how your value is judged.

Plus Alden is one of the top "whose next" types. Sponsors can still like him in for relatively cheap and hope he continues to grow. He had 6 top 10 finishes on tour, plus top ten at the Memorial and Santa Cruz and was ranked #13 on tour. His ceiling isn't as high as Gannon's but he's definitely valuable.

He's got a great local presence as well popping up at leagues, clinics and just generally being nice when available. Alden is a solid pickup for anyone who gets him.

Fair enough, I just think their recent trolling with Alden commenting about throwing Nuke OS's and Gannon asking about OS Envies is cringey at best.

I'm excited to find out if Clemonade is covering his tracks, or an excellent troll… which will move the Overton window for me, reading into his future posts.

i don't understand the Eagle run after he left. Not sure they'll sell so hot. I think the Doombid4 was produced before Simon decided to leave… if these Cloudbreakers were also made before Eagle decided to leave… maybe negotiations or feelings made the decision very last-minute.

Someone mentioned it, but I'm not sure Eagle to MVP will bump their sales much, because 5000 disc golfers went all-in with MVP last year, and probably have full bags? In related news: I'm not in marketing.

I'm excited to find out if Clemonade is covering his tracks, or an excellent troll… which will move the Overton window for me, reading into his future posts.

i don't understand the Eagle run after he left. Not sure they'll sell so hot. I think the Doombid4 was produced before Simon decided to leave… if these Cloudbreakers were also made before Eagle decided to leave… maybe negotiations or feelings made the decision very last-minute.

Someone mentioned it, but I'm not sure Eagle to MVP will bump their sales much, because 5000 disc golfers went all-in with MVP last year, and probably have full bags? In related news: I'm not in marketing.
Glitch was Infinite's most sold disc last year, which to me is insane.

I think it's the novelty of it. Like, if I need an understable 7 speed I can get a dozen from different brands. The Glitch was marketed as a unique disc (yes, I know there are a few discs that are similar) that most players didn't already have in their bag. It was fun and quirky, but I doubt the sales will last past the initial hype unless people really think it's vital to their bags.

I think it's the novelty of it. Like, if I need an understable 7 speed I can get a dozen from different brands. The Glitch was marketed as a unique disc (yes, I know there are a few discs that are similar) that most players didn't already have in their bag. It was fun and quirky, but I doubt the sales will last past the initial hype unless people really think it's vital to their bags.
Drew Gibson and Simon Lizotte did some videos, they made the Glitch look like a fun disc to toss. I'm not sure how much influence this had on sales, but I would imagine it helped push some plastic.

Marfan is mostly a cardiovascular issue. If you're not doing a lot of moderate to high cardio then you're not at much risk. Disc golf should be perfectly fine for someone with Marfan syndrome, depending on severity.

It was due to all the hype me and AimForTheChains created by bugging MVP to make a lid for years.

Innova told me the Zephyr had the highest percentage increase in quarterly sales among all their discs after we announced the creation of the Super Class disc category back in 2008-9.