• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The inevitable re-attempt at a 2020 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

I would actually appreciate this level of honesty...screw all of this "we are a family" BS.

I just remembered that Paige had issues with Prodigy before her contract was up. She whined and complained for a whole season before they finally let her go. Now she screws DD over by leaving early with them, too. Buyer beware with this one.

I just remembered that Paige had issues with Prodigy before her contract was up. She whined and complained for a whole season before they finally let her go. Now she screws DD over by leaving early with them, too. Buyer beware with this one.

Unless you're privy to the behind closed doors conversations between her and DD thats quite speculative. How do any of us know it wasn't mutual?

This sport is insanely financially hard on players, I would never get upset with a player making a move to get more money. Hey...singing kumbaya with family and friends is great, but it don't mean $hit when it comes to making a living, building a future, etc.

If anything, this is DD's fault for not getting her contract in writing.

Um... would it have mattered? She got out of her Prodigy contract early?

Did she?

I seem to recall Paige wanted out at Prodigy, missed some deadline to do so (a deadline that Ricky and Hokom managed to meet IIRC), and was stuck with Prodigy for another year against her desires. And she subsequently spent that year "secretly" throwing DD stuff and doing nothing to promote Prodigy.

Certainly appears to have been a totally different situation than a mutual and, per both sides, amicable cancelling of her long term deal with DD.

Yes, she broke her Prodigy contract. Technically she wasn't under contract when she signed with DD. I don't have a lot of other details beyond that. But, I confirmed that.

And amicable is a funny word. DD didn't want her to leave. PP wanted to leave. She was not under an official signed contract, just a verbal agreement. It does neither side any good to make a public stink.

Last edited:
Sorry, I wanted to clarify. She didn't leave her contract early, that was a mistake. With about a year left, she began to throw DD discs publicly and stopped fulfilling her Prodigy contract due to her being unhappy. But her contract was officially over when she began with DD.

Sorry, I wanted to clarify. She didn't leave her contract early, that was a mistake. With about a year left, she began to throw DD discs publicly and stopped fulfilling her Prodigy contract due to her being unhappy. But her contract was officially over when she began with DD.

Was there any sort of recourse Prodigy could have taken? Because honestly, it sounds like pro dg contracts are about as binding as a facial tissue (with a few exceptions).

hmm..PP would be a good mentor for her.

Absolutely. I was hoping for a sig Stalker, but Hailey went with the Undertaker. Between a sig Stalker (which could very well be PP's) and Hammes' Wasp, I'd be broke when next season's sig discs come out, and that's without picking up the inevitable MJ '20 Comet.

I cannot believe anyone would be stupid enough to think this, much less type it.

What a worthless garbage fire.
Reading comprehension not your strong suit.

Yeah, that time I interned for Nation Organization of Women during college* really scarred me...or maybe I recognize that Discraft has no women on their Elite team and as someone who has done marketing in the past that is a recipe for disaster and chose to point that out in a tongue in cheek manner.

But good for you for jumping to conclusions. Your Call Out Culture membership packet will be in the mail.

*True story....my sister got me the position.