• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Jay, Innova's Buzzz?

Also appears to be an md3 clone so no need for me.. I like those in the new Italian plastic.

Has anyone tried rolling a jay?

I tried, but it didn't give me a Buzzz.

picture.php

Yeah I just picked one up and it's awfully similar to the MD3 (and the Metal Warrior). It seems that with both the Fairway Disc and Mid Disc, Innova shortly after released very similar discs in the Hawkeye and the Jay. I bet by spring at the latest a PD (and Power Disc) clone is approved.

Streets' Drive By Review:

It's a solid stable/slight OS midrange. If for some unknown reason you don't have this slot in your bag filled, the Jay is a solid option. Not a game changer and definitely not a lemon.

*mine does have a decent amount of flashing, I'm interested to see how the flight changes as that wears off.

Streets' Drive By Review:

It's a solid stable/slight OS midrange. If for some unknown reason you don't have this slot in your bag filled, the Jay is a solid option. Not a game changer and definitely not a lemon.

*mine does have a decent amount of flashing, I'm interested to see how the flight changes as that wears off.

How's the chin on yours? Lenoesque?

Local PIAS had some new Innova, Star Jay next to an Italian md3 looked identical.

Silly me didn't even think about snapping a pic. I was too busy finding swirly glitches.

I'm bothered by the Pterosaur... How does that fly without ever mentioning anything to us? Like... Could I go approve a Firebird an?

I noticed that the 'Pterosaur' by Innova is now listed as 'Charger' on the PDGA approved discs page (was approved on 9/5/2022). It is definitely the same disc that was initially listed as the Pterosaur. There should be no confusion with the RDG Ptero anymore!

I now have acquired the Jay in a couple different plastics - Luster Champion (Discmember run/stamp, 177g), Halo Star (King Tour series 180g), and DX (177g) and thrown them for a few weeks worth of rounds alongside a Solstice for OS mid duties.

Previously I have thrown both the Millennium Aurora MS (standard and luster quantum) and Infinite Chariot (glow C, I, and glow D blends) in the same slot - hyzerflip to flat and ride straight from a flat top mid-range. The Jays have very much the same feel and flight once the slight flashing on the bottom rim wears off.

The Luster Champion & Halo Jays both started out pretty stable but have developed a flip up and ride very straight with good torque resistance. More hyzer can be used to keep them on that angle through the flight but the finish isn't really comparable to a premium plastic Roc3 or Solstice.

DX Jay was pretty straight when new and now will turn over with almost any power behind it. Great for down tempo shots & standstills needing angle control. I'm curious how long the DX will hold up but they are already on the Innova Factory as F2s so not too hard to replace (one reason I went for this DX Jay over the recently released DT Aurora MS).

Latest posts