• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] The Judge plastic breakdown

DD and their limited run of lucid air moonshine whatever... Thanks for making us wait and bite me

lol seriously? First off they aren't making you wait. It's latitude 64 who does the molding and they crank out stuff as fast as possible. They are the only manufacturers that have the capability of running discs unattended over night I believe still. It's three growing companies. Takes time.

Secondly those weren't even going to be released because of color and other quality measures so I think it's pretty cool they are offering them for special fundraisers and limited stamp runs because they didn't even have to do that. They could've just said ok we didn't like the test runs of these lucid judges you'll have to wait.

I guess I fail to see what you're mad about? Just upset you missed out on ordering one or attending one of the events? Or do you have a legit complaint?

Was the opto pure popular? I'd think a lucid judge would be similarly received. They're milking it to drive the price up and run in small batches so hoarders jump all over them.

You prolly think these are worth 40 bones so no reasoning with that thinking. BTW, you wanna buy an unthrown max wt. FR blue Buzzz, only $200.

Was the opto pure popular? I'd think a lucid judge would be similarly received. They're milking it to drive the price up and run in small batches so hoarders jump all over them.

You prolly think these are worth 40 bones so no reasoning with that thinking. BTW, you wanna buy an unthrown max wt. FR blue Buzzz, only $200.

There is no doubt the lucid judge will be popular, but you have to understand that the pure was easily molded into legal weight in opto. The difficulty with the judge is you can't mold it in regular lucid plastic without it going over the legal weight...these Air judges i assumed were going to be just regular air...but they decided to make them glow as well. There was only a very limited number of them. 350. So yeah they are going to be expensive but direct from DD they are 20 which is what moonshine sells for. So the natural price increase from golfers is going to happen, because in disc golf, anything popular and well received is going to cost more in limited supply.

What does DD have to gain by collectors jacking up the price? They're charging 25 bucks for a small run. You seriously think they don't want to be selling hundreds of these at $15 a pop? They'll do it when they can.

Like he explained below it was easy for them to make the opto pure in weight range. They couldn't with the judge so had to do air and I think experimented with colors of moonshine at the same time and got the caramel air small run you see today. No one is trying to to make a collector market. As a matter of fact I don't think Rusco was going to put them out at first but then people like me said hey these are great I'd like to buy one. Before that I think they were going to keep them for special cfr or team discs. I don't really know you'd have to ask him if my excitement had any input or not. I just knew we agreed they needed to be saved from the grinder that's why he said he had them shipped to the US.

They aren't making money off of people who resell them. Everybody does this with limited runs. Innova does limited McPro runs and people buy for a hundred bucks if they missed out. Sucks I guess if you really want one and miss out but that's life. No one is doing anything out of the norm here.

There is no doubt the lucid judge will be popular, but you have to understand that the pure was easily molded into legal weight in opto. The difficulty with the judge is you can't mold it in regular lucid plastic without it going over the legal weight...these Air judges i assumed were going to be just regular air...but they decided to make them glow as well. There was only a very limited number of them. 350. So yeah they are going to be expensive but direct from DD they are 20 which is what moonshine sells for. So the natural price increase from golfers is going to happen, because in disc golf, anything popular and well received is going to cost more in limited supply.

:thmbup: word. about 500 total though I think he told me. They did the oklahoma open ones and a few other special cfr ones and then this big release of the judge big stamp and what not.

7ontheline-They won't be getting more and more of these. You won't see an extra few hundred in a month from now. If they wanted to strangle the collector market they wouldn't have offered them to people for fundraising they would've slowly released fifty at a time for fifty bucks a pop and then you could be upset. Maybe. It's not like DD is doing anything unheard of in the disc golf world. I'd say Innova and their factory store do much more limited stuff when they don't have to keep it limited really. I don't know. I know these are limited because of being tests.

For the record no I wouldn't pay forty. It's whatever the buyer thinks is the limit. Maybe if I knew they wouldn't ever be ran again in the regular I would get one for forty but I doubt it. No I don't want your buzzz. You want a pair of tenth anniversary ones though? :D

It's not like DD is doing anything unheard of in the disc golf world. I'd say Innova and their factory store do much more limited stuff when they don't have to keep it limited really. I don't know. I know these are limited because of being tests.

*sigh* something about two wrongs

sorry I was lurking the MP and saw one for $40 during a 10 minute break while on jury duty... its been that kind of week, just glad I don't live further North:|

In other news, I got my first medium blend Judge and even though it marks up to look ugly rather quickly, I think DD will have a winner if it doesn't clover quickly like the softs. I putted with the blend along with a handful of classic hards for a while and got similar results from inside 25'. I'd call my dark blue's flex close to Gateway's SSS/SSSS and any further out for me I could feel the disc deform a bit. I'll bag it a few rounds to give it a go.

Does your blend's rim feel deeper than your soft(s)? Hoping I got a freak blend, because I love the feel of the blend for driving, but the deeper rim makes my release too inconsistent :(

Does your blend's rim feel deeper than your soft(s)? Hoping I got a freak blend, because I love the feel of the blend for driving, but the deeper rim makes my release too inconsistent :(

Hmmm... I have a Classic, Soft, and Blend... I haven't noticed the blend seeming deeper than the others. I'll take a look tonight just to satisfy the curiosity, but it certainly wasn't a noticeable difference to me.

I have been messing around with upshots with my soft judges and I'm pretty sure I have never thrown a disc with as much control. Add on the fact that it hits and sits and it's a dream come true. The judge has sentenced me to life without a chance or parole.

Started using Judges in June when I wanted a base plastic mold to replace my ions.

The ion was gone after my first round with the Judge. A couple weeks into it I hit my first career ace...with a Judge. I love almost everything about it. The classic/ zero plastic is phenomenal.

I use black max weights for putting. I find the heavies a little more consistent for me vs lighter weights. I have softs for approach shots that need to stick. Softs seem slightly more OS and really sit nicely when they hit the ground. I like softs for throwing but don't get a clean release when putting.

I have yet to try a blend/ medium. I missed the first batch of blacks and no other color will do. I think they would be tremendous during the winter for the added feel. I am keeping my eyes on DD for a restock.

I own both premi plastics in the mold. Fusion came first. Lightweight GBO. Was kinda domey and flew like my beat firm out of the box so it didn't make the bag. I also snagged 2 OKC Open moonshines. It flew good, and the plastic feels fantastic, but I don't really want to throw them because they blend in perfectly with leaves and I don't want to loose one. For my driving putter I want a little more beef, and for that reason I prefer Ions off the tee.

All in all I would be hard pressed to make a putter change. The Judge just fits my putting style too well. Nice glide, low profile, beaded, reliable stability, great plastic, and really everything I want in putting putter.

Last edited:

Got the Judge's I ordered today.This was the sweetest stamp out of the bunch. First thoughts: Holy bead, then I put it in my hand and it was unnoticeable. I have a practice basket so I gave them a toss. WOW!!!!! Amazing. Its like they are magnetically attracted to the basket. I started out in the circle range...Money!!! made like 30 in a row. Went out further and was sinking 80% of 30-40 footers. Classic seems much more durable. The blend and soft are all ready blemished. Cant wait to take them out to the course. I see a personal best in my future. The hype train is real, All aboard.

Got the Judge's I ordered today.This was the sweetest stamp out of the bunch. First thoughts: Holy bead, then I put it in my hand and it was unnoticeable. I have a practice basket so I gave them a toss. WOW!!!!! Amazing. Its like they are magnetically attracted to the basket. I started out in the circle range...Money!!! made like 30 in a row. Went out further and was sinking 80% of 30-40 footers. Classic seems much more durable. The blend and soft are all ready blemished. Cant wait to take them out to the course. I see a personal best in my future. The hype train is real, All aboard.

Ah, the best feeling in the world when you get a new putter and feel confident with it. Good things will happen for sure! :clap:

Latest posts