• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] The most "Orc" like disc in the Discraft line......

bassjam

I love the way the Orc flies.Have 4 in my bag at all times.Im finding my bag overall is becoming a Discraft lineup for most other discs I like.So.....

Did a basic search and didnt come up with much.Im wondering what disc Discraft makes that is the most Orc like.Ive thrown Surges and Flashes and neither flew like an Orc to me.

Not really critical as Im not sure Ill give up Orcs,but.......never know.

Many thanks you all.

Yeah Im really just curious,not really fixing anything.Im finding myself liking pretty much everything Discraft.Seem very consistant from like disc to like disc.I dont find it with Innova.I actually go through Orcs and give some away-some seem too stable.Same with Teebirds.But when I find the ones I like I keep em.

I have 2 Surges and 2 Flashes.Flashes seem to be pretty close but less stable to me.I know the 2 companies keep a pretty close eye on each other so I just figured Discraft had one designed to be close.

^ what he said..

Otherwise, try a wildcat or a nuke. Nuke especially if you can drive over 300

wildcat is on my want list.Wanna try that one for sure.

Nuke-have one and like it ok,maybe didnt give it a chanch but didnt knock my socks off.May go revisit that one.

Both of my Nukes (ESP and Z) fly the best, at least for me, on huge S-curves. Might try that?

I found an Orc once and threw it a couple times. Seemed a little more overstable than a Nuke and it's definitely a "slower" driver. Ended up selling the Orc I found though since it was dyed brown, black and grey and impossible to find (WTF?!?!? why would someone dye a throwing disc that color? lol)

/my2cents :)

no nukes unless you can touch at least 375' with slower discs

why is a nuke even being compared to an orc?

The flash, imo, is more like a viking- a slight step up from a valk. The wildcat is the dc valk but its oop and the xs is a beteer disc for that slot, though profile wise are different.

Avenger varies throughout plastics, the d is actually pretty overstable (its actually rated higher then x) and a cheap option to test.

I'd say Crush maybe. Avengers and Crushes in Z plastic are both pretty stable, with crush being more overstable. Avenger is slower but if you really want a good avenger, it needs to be in X plastic. Z Avengers are nice too, just more distance and more workable for me in X.

Wildcat is like a Valkyrie, and Z ones are OOP.

avenger or nate doss sig surge (std run seems a bite more HSS stable). i have never thrown a flash so....
but really why fix what aint broke? plus if youre not sponsored why be loyal to one brand?

Thanks everyone.I like to try other discs for fun,but I feel at home on the Orc.I do want to revisit the Nuke-and Ill give it a better workout.Safely Im a 375ish driver.Ive thrown farther,but not consistantly.

On different charts Ive seen looks like the Avenger,Flash,and Wildcat seem to be at least in the same universe.Even the Surge looks like a bit faster and a touch more overstable.In open fields I did like the Surge when I had some room for a nice s-curve.

In tight woods and narrower fairways though,I cant find anything straighter flying than my Orc and Buzz on shorter drives.

Latest posts