• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] The most "Orc" like disc in the Discraft line......

the surge will fly VERY similarly to a wraith

Ive read this many times-

The Wraith I had was very flippy and would not come out of the S as my Surge would.Both 174,Wraith was Champion and Wraith was ESP.Suprised me.The slightest headwind and the Wraith was a gonner.

Guess its time to try another Wraith again as well!!:)

in terms of rim similarity, stability, and speed, Wildcat would have to be the closest. if you can't scare up one of those, i would then try Crush or Surge.

I throw a Flash, and it is nothing like a Orc. I would say try these:

Crush

Force

Avenger

Surge

Huge fan of the Orc here. I would say to get something completely different than the Orc, since you'll have that covered... By the orc.

Huge fan of the Orc here. I would say to get something completely different than the Orc, since you'll have that covered... By the orc.

I agree. No need switching to a different disc just because you are starting a new disc golf company phase. I'm been getting into some Lat 64 plastic but have only replaced the things that weren't really working for me to begin with.

I didnt realize this got moved-Guess I posted it in the wrong place.

Thanks again all.Yeah really just to be clear,Im not entirely looking to switch.I love the Orc-when I find the right Orc.I really dont know why but Ill pick up a few and they seem to be inconsistent sometimes.The DC stuff that Ive thrown seem to be more consistent disc to disc in like weights.The Orcs in my bag may just well be buried with me,but if I found another disc like the Orc Id sure give it a go.

Thanks for all the suggestions.Looks like Ive got alot of golf to play.

BTW-Any Atlanta area golfers in here???A buddy and I are headed to Atlanta April17,18,19,and 20 for as much golf as we can play.

I didnt realize this got moved-Guess I posted it in the wrong place.

Thanks again all.Yeah really just to be clear,Im not entirely looking to switch.I love the Orc-when I find the right Orc.I really dont know why but Ill pick up a few and they seem to be inconsistent sometimes.The DC stuff that Ive thrown seem to be more consistent disc to disc in like weights.The Orcs in my bag may just well be buried with me,but if I found another disc like the Orc Id sure give it a go.

Thanks for all the suggestions.Looks like Ive got alot of golf to play.

BTW-Any Atlanta area golfers in here???A buddy and I are headed to Atlanta April17,18,19,and 20 for as much golf as we can play.

Playing the National Collegiate thingy huh?

Playing the National Collegiate thingy huh?

Nope this is all for fun,maybe too much fun!;) We take off a couple times a year to do this.We have done Orlando,Jacksonville,Cincinnati,Nashville,Kentucky,and now Atlanta.Just crossin em off,one course at a time.

The Atlanta Open (PDGA A-Tier) is the 16th and 17th at JP Moseley (two rounds of 18) and Flyboy Aviation (one round of 27) respectively. Climo and Feldberg are playing in it. I'll be at Moseley to watch them and hopefully get some stuff signed. Depending on how long those two rounds go at Moseley on Saturday, my buddy and I might play a round at Moseley (IDK if that's even allowed after a tourney) or more likely at McCurry Park. You guys are welcome to join us. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

... but even if you can't make it on the 16th, maybe try and get to Flyboy on the 17 to watch Climo/Feldberg.

I have been told orc = crush. I dont know from personal experience though.

FhaI love these threads,op asks for something similar and then people suggest warp speed drivers like the nuke.

Anyway first,what kind of orcs are u throwing? This will narrow down what kind of flight ur wanting. Lots of diff orcs.

Anywho, old z crushs were very similar and almost identical to the flat orcs. Todays z may still ne comparible to new orcs as they both have changed over the yrs

Avenger
surge might be next in line but the crush should be what ur looking for.