• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

DGU released three of my Undead series disc stamps; I absolutely love how these Star and Shimmer Star Rocs fly. Right now I think these are available only on Roc3s but I think they might also go on Ranchos at some point.
roc-photo-small.jpg

So, are plus rims a thing on KC rocs? I traded for a 2016 tourney stamp KC roc the other day. It's flat, white, and penned "KCR". Rancho tooling with patent numbers. Definitely a plussy rim. Feels and flies pretty darn good, just feels different than the rocs I'm used to.

So, are plus rims a thing on KC rocs? I traded for a 2016 tourney stamp KC roc the other day. It's flat, white, and penned "KCR". Rancho tooling with patent numbers. Definitely a plussy rim. Feels and flies pretty darn good, just feels different than the rocs I'm used to.

If it's an actual Flat Top KC, I honestly think the flattening process makes the rim even more "plussy".

Not that I am aware is a True + KC rim out there unlike with the ROC in other plastic like DX, Champion, and regular Pro, there were might still be making some true + mold ROC discs and they were different some players liking them after Ching had stopped making a Flat Top ROC that was very similar rim to a + mold ROC. The Flat top will explain why that ROC feels like a + mold as some of the old Flat top ROC discs that Ching made Feel like a + molded ROC and those were made before Ching went independent and having most of the Innova designed molds yanked from the Ching lineup. I know having felt one of the Ching Flat top ROC molds then in 2009 I won a KC ROC from the Ice Bowl and it was a flat top 2008 disc feeling slightly like a + mold. Disc is still new as I do not use the mold in my midrange lineup.

Its from the flat topping process, that can happen. It really depends on the run, plastic, and how it originally cooled.

Send it to me if you dont want it

Shanked my favorite, straightest KC Pro Roc into a lake yesterday. Went in after it and found 2 drivers instead. Pour one out for it.

I have a beat DX and a fresh KC Pro that I will get to work on, but its color profile isn't nearly as pretty, and I will have to adjust for its fade.

Shanked my favorite, straightest KC Pro Roc into a lake yesterday. Went in after it and found 2 drivers instead. Pour one out for it.

I have a beat DX and a fresh KC Pro that I will get to work on, but its color profile isn't nearly as pretty, and I will have to adjust for its fade.
There's nothing worse than losing The Roc of your bagged Rocs. Nothing.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Fresh Kcp roc going in the bag for tomorrow adding to my base of two dx rocs and a z buzzz ss. Windy long course where I normally add a z Hornet. Added a couple freshy kcp to my feild bag and liking my distance and placement. Powers down better than a hornet and and my roc flicks better this year.

There's nothing worse than losing The Roc of your bagged Rocs. Nothing.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Ruining/loosing your ROC/3 that the plastic type is no longer made in or the plastic type/mold has changed over the years and is not the same as when you got that disc like an old 2000's stiff DX ROC/3 is just an example or an older mold variation on the ROC as another example.

I was just stating It could be worse then loosing just a seasoned ROC in that you could get a new and work beating in the one in your bag closest to the one you lost to that stability. I was saying you could lose/make a not legal a ROC that is in a plastic type that has changed over the years the way DX has from the stiff stuff in the 2000's or in a slight mold say an older slight Variation as in where the mold was made or that specific __X KC ROC that is not made anymore that you like.

Latest posts