• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

There's nothing worse than losing The Roc of your bagged Rocs. Nothing.

That has happened to me 3 times this year. Just throw one of the ones on either side of it in your bag. It is fine. It will be fine in no time.

They're Rocs. They're all good. Don't overthink it. If you have 3 in your bag, you can get by with 2. You know the mold. Throw it.

I think the best ROC's are the old DX that had the lower DX Shark Top shaped dome on the mold, those and the KC of the same era with that dome were really hard to find even when they came out as players bought them up due to how nice they threw. I never used the ROC as I never liked the mold that much but seeing how that version of the ROC flew for others was something else.

That has happened to me 3 times this year. Just throw one of the ones on either side of it in your bag. It is fine. It will be fine in no time.

They're Rocs. They're all good. Don't overthink it. If you have 3 in your bag, you can get by with 2. You know the mold. Throw it.
I mean the whole point of cycling Rocs is learning the mold and how to execute the shots so you aren't Mr. "I have a different mold for every shot and throw every shot the same way expecting the disc to do the work so if I lose one I'm screwed". Put some hyzer on the turnover Roc and off you go.

I mean the whole point of cycling Rocs is learning the mold and how to execute the shots so you aren't Mr. "I have a different mold for every shot and throw every shot the same way expecting the disc to do the work so if I lose one I'm screwed". Put some hyzer on the turnover Roc and off you go.

Or you have to have an exact or as close as you can get in that plastic, a backup in your bag of the same disc. This way you do not have to have a duplicate mid in the bag, I do but that is simply the mold I use only comes in Champion and I do rotate throws with both discs to maintain a similar type of wear on the discs.

What is the most OS Roc and most OS Roc3?

Most OS Roc I've thrown is a glow champ Rancho from USDGC - 2104 I think? Paul McB is on the stamp.

Most OS roc3 I've thrown is a luster. Still nowhere near the Rancho I just mentioned, but still a nice half-to-full tick more OS than run of the mill Roc3s.

Do you guys not have stores with used bins in the area, or am I lucky to have them?

Earlier this year I found a Ten Time KC Roc in a used bin for $3. It was completely thrashed and bent in half. Looked more like a historical artifact.

Also got some nice KC Roc X-Outs that have KC Aviar stamps.

I'm partial to stiff DX Rocs, but I couldn't resist.

Do you guys not have stores with used bins in the area, or am I lucky to have them?

No real shops near me other than PIAS, and they never have used anything just a bunch of new Blizzard Katanas and DX Birdies. I really love flat top glow KC rocs (but not color glow) so I just pay attention to DGU for F2s or ebay for extra tournament stamp'd rocs that didn't sell locally. I just throw multiple shots when I do throw rocs on the course to try to age a couple at the same time.