• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Newegg InStep Basket Deal is back!

I just bought a bunch for 84.20 each from here but the price has since went up to 88.95 (free shipping). That is the cheapest I see them for sale now.

Has anyone figured a way to install these permanently? I'm considering purchasing 9 for a course at a church camp I am a part of.

Thanks

Just looking at these, although a good looking portable basket, you probably wouldn't want to install these permanently. They would either be gone or destroyed in short order. :(

I unserstand that but these baskets will be seeing light minimal use by kids . It's just a means to introduce them to the sport.

Has anyone figured a way to install these permanently? I'm considering purchasing 9 for a course at a church camp I am a part of.

Thanks

1" electrical conduit from the local hardware store, cut to length (depending how deep you dig your hole), a 3/8' drill bit, post mix, and a little hard work digging your nine holes.

I unserstand that but these baskets will be seeing light minimal use by kids . It's just a means to introduce them to the sport.

I didn't mean to imply that your kids would destroy them. I was thinking more of the negative element that slink in the night. I think it's great you're introducing the kids to the game. :thmbup:

I will try to get a pic - I picked up 2 piece hinged pipe repair clamps, and conduit close to the size of the bottom pipe. Conduit is in ground, and pipe clamp secures the 2 pipes. Closest size pipe is galvanized pipe - you could even thread both ends and then secure together.

Are they theft proof? Not even close. We are fortunate to be in a decent area, and the police like to use our parking lot to "fill out paperwork."

I didn't mean to imply that your kids would destroy them. I was thinking more of the negative element that slink in the night. I think it's great you're introducing the kids to the game. :thmbup:

I totally understand. I didn't think you were implying that at all, but just stating the obvious things that come along with a basket for 80 bucks

I will try to get a pic - I picked up 2 piece hinged pipe repair clamps, and conduit close to the size of the bottom pipe. Conduit is in ground, and pipe clamp secures the 2 pipes. Closest size pipe is galvanized pipe - you could even thread both ends and then secure together.

Are they theft proof? Not even close. We are fortunate to be in a decent area, and the police like to use our parking lot to "fill out paperwork."

Yeah, that's the part that would have to get worked on. Coming up with a plan to have the baskets put in a 5 gallon bucket with cement and than buried in the ground. Not totally theft proof but the camp is secure and should get the job done.