• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Newegg InStep Basket Deal is back!

Does anyone else have an extra hole in the top half section of the pole? Is it to make the basket idiot proof when assembling?

I've been on the fence about them but on this less forgiving basket they stay in way more often then my hard KC's. This makes me think they are more forgiving on off center hits. I'm not trying to say that they are majic or anything.

Got my basket in last week and added the inner chains, here is a quick pic in my house right after assembly....

CameraZOOM-20120226132226627.jpg

Got my basket in last week and added the inner chains, here is a quick pic in my house right after assembly....

The inner chains are "supposed" to go to the larger ring, and the outer chains to the smaller ring, such that the chains cross each other when viewed from the side. In any event, looks pretty sweet. My basket came the other day, but I haven't gotten a chance to drive to the hardware store yet.

The inner chains are "supposed" to go to the larger ring, and the outer chains to the smaller ring, such that the chains cross each other when viewed from the side. In any event, looks pretty sweet. My basket came the other day, but I haven't gotten a chance to drive to the hardware store yet.

Inner chains ARE connected to the larger 7" ring, original chains were hooked onto the 3" ring. My inner chains are a little longer than the outers so the large ring hangs lower. Inner chains are 2ft long with 3/16" S hooks. Looking at the pic myself I can see how you were confused, it looks a little misleading but they are indeed hooked up the "right" way lol. No worries ;)

Inner chains ARE connected to the larger 7" ring, original chains were hooked onto the 3" ring. My inner chains are a little longer than the outers so the large ring hangs lower. Inner chains are 2ft long with 3/16" S hooks. Looking at the pic myself I can see how you were confused, it looks a little misleading but they are indeed hooked up the "right" way lol. No worries ;)

Oh, yeah, if I very carefully trace a chain I can see they are set up with the inner chains going out. D'oh! It still tricks my eyes just looking at the picture, though!

Hey, why is that Vibram junk sitting in your basket? You should be putting with that Mercury that's just sitting in a pile on the floor!!!! :p

Hey, why is that Vibram junk sitting in your basket? You should be putting with that Mercury that's just sitting in a pile on the floor!!!! :p

I hit the catch basket from 33' with that Mercury and put one nasty ding in it.

At church this past Fall we had a harvest festival. There are all sorts of "carnival" games and blow up slides, etc. About 400 kids came this year.

For the first time, I set up two Skillshots and had a putting game. Since I have six Instep baskets I just let the kids use 3 Mercurys per basket it worked out well. They got a bit dinged up but totally served the purpose. So I know what you mean about them getting beat up. I was just having some fun with Strauss! :)

Four

My four baskets arrived this week. Yes "four" as I meant to order two but messed up during the order and placed quantity=2 orders of 2 baskets. I put one together and it worked fine. Took it to a friend's house and the park and transportation/assembly is easy and quick. It will spit out off-center shots but all the better during putting practice. I wouldn't use it for real play (I have many courses nearby anyway). The three discs provided fly fine (in an open field) but are the cheapest plastic and ding easily (as many others have mentioned). But for $70, I didn't expect any discs and I use all three for putting practice. I will probably give two baskets away - I have people who will take them, I know. But I recommend this deal (when it opens again) as it is well worth the money. I didn't pay for shipping and it came Tuesday night after an order placed the prior Thursday night. No complaints. I probably will not bother putting an inner ring of chains.

Just had my 9 delivered. It's pretty neat when your entire order costs marginally more than what the shipping should have cost.

Has anyone figured a way to install these permanently? I'm considering purchasing 9 for a course at a church camp I am a part of.

Thanks

Latest posts