• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The next "big" innovation from DG manufactuers?

After a bit of thought... Why couldn't someone make a tiny microchip and foil antenna embedded in a sticker, much like the theft protection stickers businesses use, that could be detected and tell you if you were within say 10 feet of your disc.
Built in Taser on the disc that shocks the $h!t out of people trying to steal your Disc.. Since it would obviously be an MVP Disc because they are on the Electrical naming scheme.. MVP Shocker or MVP Tazer*.

Since they did such an awesome custom stamp for the Tesla they could use this for the Shocker
shocker-sticker-55.jpg

or this for the Tazer*.
donttase.gif

*Yes I know Taser has an 'S' not a 'Z' but they could spell it wrong to avoid having to license the name. :)

I'd love the indoor disc idea for these stupid hot summers. A/C costs would be tremendous though.

We have an empty theater in the area that would make for an interesting indoor play. I bet I can still get inside too..... :D

Awesome indeed. While speaking with an Innova TD this summer (so this is merely hearsay)he said that there are plans in motion to establish a DG Facility that would offer indoor play and also a driving range. Hopefully this is true and becomes successful.

Nice reading about all the "too hot to play, i wish there was an indoor facility with A/C" with the season about to end in Finland in the next month or so and start again sometime in April. Boo on you. (yeah yeah there is winter DG but I heard that was just a myth :p )

But indoor DG would be seriously awesome in the winter time. I would pay like 15€ a pop if it was properly set up. We have done warehouse DG from time to time and it is hella fun.

As to the discs, something to alter the flight mid-air would be nice... like glide glide glide, OK fade NOW!

Instead of lodging my 180 KC Pro Roc inside of my 200 DX Condor and throwing it for some basic weight training (like donuts on a baseball bat) I would like to be able to purchase disc that are on average 1.5 times the weights of my in game discs. Yes you would need to regulate at tournaments to ensure rules are followed but throwing my 380 gram trainer set up makes a heavier disc seem to lighten up in my hands. Like my 173-180's they feel like they are 150's after tossing the 380.

Also, water front disc retrieval system, better than fishing with a golden retriever. Maybe a subsurface net that you can reel in and back out if a disc is thrown in it. Like a fisherman's net but rolled up like a pool cover. If that makes sense.

The indoor disc golf idea would also be awesome for this time of year when it gets dark at 6-7 o'clock for those of us that like playing minis after work a few times a week but hate night golf.

I am sure someone has posted this already but how about better floating disc. we can put a man on the moon but my truth wont float. wtf

Instead of lodging my 180 KC Pro Roc inside of my 200 DX Condor and throwing it for some basic weight training (like donuts on a baseball bat) I would like to be able to purchase disc that are on average 1.5 times the weights of my in game discs. Yes you would need to regulate at tournaments to ensure rules are followed but throwing my 380 gram trainer set up makes a heavier disc seem to lighten up in my hands. Like my 173-180's they feel like they are 150's after tossing the 380.

Also, water front disc retrieval system, better than fishing with a golden retriever. Maybe a subsurface net that you can reel in and back out if a disc is thrown in it. Like a fisherman's net but rolled up like a pool cover. If that makes sense.

it would make your release timing off. same with using a blizzard compared to a max weight champ. it feels different. i wouldnt suggest it

Sorry for not reading the previous 100+ posts, but I was intrigued by the ad in pdga's mag discgolfer by Houck Designs promoting Terrewalks. Don't know what the cost is, but (at least) for remote tee pads these sound great.

Latest posts