• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The next "big" innovation from DG manufactuers?

also i have seen multiple players in my area use ball golf bag carts. they put the bag on top of the arms that would secure the top of a ball golf bag and use the bottom for a cooler. Even saw one savvy veteran use two plastic tubs, one bigger than the other flipped upside down as a lid, during a very rainy tournament. He had no issues with keeping discs dry other than when throwing them.

first its roller carts.
then we start playing dg inside.
then we start throwing sitting down.
then we just play a disc golf video game.

and now we all have diabetes.

i mean look at how many fat people play disc golf, its not exactly a strenuous activity. theres a local am who wins a lot and hes just obese, and nobody seems to care. hey good job at that tourny, but it would also be cool if you lived past 50. priorities...

I haven't ever researched plastic and plastic blends, but I'm curious about them. I want to know if there are plastics that haven't been tried yet. If so, what are they? Maybe the next big thing is an exotic plastic blend. I'm also hoping for disc golf night life to expand into more warehouse type events or gatherings and mini-tournaments at bars.

I've always thought a great idea would be to invent a device that is some kind of 1 handed disc thrower(think the ball launcher for dogs) imagine how fun a device that you could fit a disc in and with some kind of wrist flick almost anyone could launch a disc 500 feet. I think the popularity of the game would skyrocket.

You mean this? http://www.folfclub.com/

I've always thought a great idea would be to invent a device that is some kind of 1 handed disc thrower(think the ball launcher for dogs) imagine how fun a device that you could fit a disc in and with some kind of wrist flick almost anyone could launch a disc 500 feet. I think the popularity of the game would skyrocket.

Umm..... :|

http://www.folfclub.com/

Ahh, HA beat me to it. That's what I get for not reading the whole thread.

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately. Chop chop! LET'S GO!!

IMO, a baby stroller makes a much better cart. Your bag can be placed where the baby sits, and it's much higher than most DG carts, saving your back. ... I've seen some guys rock strollers at the course and have been strongly considering buying one myself.

This is the best design I've seen:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37162&page=3

242416_228550313827243_100000168282398_1089601_7036568_o.jpg

I have a two wheel pull cart, but mine looks somewhat (pieced together instead one piece) like the one above. I use an Ergo and small six pack cooler. Works like a dream. I was worried about the foam wheels they have, but they've held up surprisingly well (I've been really rough on them too - roots, stumps, schule). They take on thorns, but they aren't falling apart at all.

Thorns for picking out of the tires and terrorizing friends with...

Mr.Devious_1092611.jpg

My local PIAS has new basic pull carts for $30 right now. Thinking about putting a few more carts together if anyone's interested.

yeah mine said they will have used one in soon once the golfers start hanging it up. Right now some really nice looking brand new ones for $36 which fold up nicely. Been looking around at other ideas too but seems you really have to start making something and the price point starts to rise quick.

If the bottom is a cooler, the top has to be storage. Should be more than enough room for just about everything.

A bottle opener molded into the disc. God, that should have been obvious. To hell with PDGA legality on it, and I only need to carry one of them.

yeah mine said they will have used one in soon once the golfers start hanging it up. Right now some really nice looking brand new ones for $36 which fold up nicely. Been looking around at other ideas too but seems you really have to start making something and the price point starts to rise quick.

We've looked into it but a cart with a seat, folding capability and decent options cost $100-$150 to manufacture even overseas with relatively small quantities. No way you could get it under $200 and stay in business IMO. Without a seat and just wheels you can definitely get it under $150...

:thmbup: Nice, yeah i think the SMART Mini is a great idea. You just need 1, instead of messing with ALL your discs to get them to do something, etc, etc. that would require a whole new bag of discs. I love the idea of a mini that can be a scorecard and also mark who is out....and be able to detect foot faults, etc....would really be cool.....even just the score feature...but whatever

I like the SMART Mini idea, but isn't that what some of the current phone apps do already?