• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seemed pretty hobbled at the Majestic this year. How did you get that injury? How did it affect your game? Hope to see you back next year at 100%! Maybe you can bring a few more top pros next year! Great fun watching you and keep up the good work.

Paul, I was wondering what grip you use for distance drivers, fairways, mids, and putter approaches -- are you using a 4 finger power grip for everything? Fan grip? Thanks for any info on that!

People have a problem with pulling through their shots. They either swoop or put more effort into reaching back them pulling through.
Check out the technique section I commented on someone form that demonstraights this action.

Do you remember exactly which thread you commented on? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!

Do you remember exactly which thread you commented on? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!

By clicking on someone's username, you can check out every post they made, it makes it easier to find what you are looking for, usually. That's how I found the thread Paul was talking about.

By clicking on someone's username, you can check out every post they made, it makes it easier to find what you are looking for, usually. That's how I found the thread Paul was talking about.

Good to know. Still learning my way around... Thanks!

Paul, do you get the chance to play many casual rounds while on tour, or are most of your rounds "practice rounds" where you're throwing multiple tee shots and whatnot looking for the optimal line?

And related to that, when you're in town for an event, do you try to hit other courses that may not be a part of the tournament, or are you there strictly for business?

If you had a limitless piece of land to drop 18 holes on, what type of course would you choose? Long and more open, wooded and technical, lots of elevation change, lots of ob.? I ask with challenge and fun factor in mind, almost as if it were the only course you'd be able to play ever again.

Thanks for being accessible, I appreciate being able to read through this thread. There was a dude who was living in my area for a while on a work assignment from the Huntington beach area and was saying like 4-5 years ago to keep an eye out for your name and you'd be the next big pro. Pretty cool how that stuff turns out.

Paul,
thank you so much for hanging out and fielding questions.
To me, one of the most remarkable things about your game is how stoic you remain when the perfect throws aren't coming. I know that this is likely just who you are as an athlete, but do you have any actual methods for keeping the frustration out of your game?
This is a big issue for me. I find that one truly awful throw can stay lodged in my thoughts for minutes, or even hours.

Sign your first disc, auction off and get a nice hotel and gas paid for to the memorial! :)

Do you think that you are going to have more opprutunities to blog and make vids on the road?

Enjoy your holidays man thanks again for bssing with us!

I don't have any of my first discs anymore.
I'm planning on doing a lot more this year! Videos and blogs

You seemed pretty hobbled at the Majestic this year. How did you get that injury? How did it affect your game? Hope to see you back next year at 100%! Maybe you can bring a few more top pros next year! Great fun watching you and keep up the good work.

I injured myself at the Kansas city wide open. I slipped on a "teepad" and fell in a hole because they were just dirt. It really affect my game, I have no stregth in my left leg which is the push off leg for everything. I had to work 5x harder to learn how to putt without that push.
I plan on being there.

Paul, I was wondering what grip you use for distance drivers, fairways, mids, and putter approaches -- are you using a 4 finger power grip for everything? Fan grip? Thanks for any info on that!

I use 4 finger power grip for everything but putting.

Paul, do you get the chance to play many casual rounds while on tour, or are most of your rounds "practice rounds" where you're throwing multiple tee shots and whatnot looking for the optimal line?

And related to that, when you're in town for an event, do you try to hit other courses that may not be a part of the tournament, or are you there strictly for business?

If you had a limitless piece of land to drop 18 holes on, what type of course would you choose? Long and more open, wooded and technical, lots of elevation change, lots of ob.? I ask with challenge and fun factor in mind, almost as if it were the only course you'd be able to play ever again.

Thanks for being accessible, I appreciate being able to read through this thread. There was a dude who was living in my area for a while on a work assignment from the Huntington beach area and was saying like 4-5 years ago to keep an eye out for your name and you'd be the next big pro. Pretty cool how that stuff turns out.

on the round I like to only play the course I'm playing for event so it's mostly practicing the courses more than shots.

For a course I would make a TOUGH long wooded course with some open holes and lots of hazards. I would want it to make every course that much easier

Paul,
thank you so much for hanging out and fielding questions.
To me, one of the most remarkable things about your game is how stoic you remain when the perfect throws aren't coming. I know that this is likely just who you are as an athlete, but do you have any actual methods for keeping the frustration out of your game?
This is a big issue for me. I find that one truly awful throw can stay lodged in my thoughts for minutes, or even hours.

I think teaching little league baseball helped me. You can't get frustrated when teaching kids so maybe try to find a league or start some free clincs to try and help out kids. It will help you out mentally. I believe thats what helped me most.

I think teaching little league baseball helped me. You can't get frustrated when teaching kids so maybe try to find a league or start some free clincs to try and help out kids. It will help you out mentally. I believe thats what helped me most.

i see alot of people with those cornhole(bags) boards on here and was wondering does this help with aim for putts? and do you practice that way by chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.