• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this has been asked or not but what happened with you and baseball? Why did you choose professional disc golf over baseball as you I've been told you were incredibly talented at baseball.

The Worlds Comeback, Patience

Paul,

Thanks for your time, this is killer.

So, I've been wondering ever since this summer. After MJ carded that crazy round on the first day of worlds, and staked himself to a pretty good lead, I thought it might be a done deal. Considering the weather, the courses you guys were playing, and that he had the local knowledge advantage, it seemed like the rest of the open men would have to work hard not to press.

How much time did you spend here in CLT on the courses before? How did you approach the remaning rounds? Obviously, some of the other players DID press the issue, and fell away. The mental game you and a few others displayed was impressive...

I don't know if this has been asked or not but what happened with you and baseball? Why did you choose professional disc golf over baseball as you I've been told you were incredibly talented at baseball.

I had the option of playing JC baseball or traveling and playing disc golf. My mind set was wreck my body playing baseball and hoping to get a contract out of it or help grow a sport on the verge main stream. I decided to go disc golf because I want to be remembered as a person who helped a movement instead of just another baseball player.

Paul,

Thanks for your time, this is killer.

So, I've been wondering ever since this summer. After MJ carded that crazy round on the first day of worlds, and staked himself to a pretty good lead, I thought it might be a done deal. Considering the weather, the courses you guys were playing, and that he had the local knowledge advantage, it seemed like the rest of the open men would have to work hard not to press.

How much time did you spend here in CLT on the courses before? How did you approach the remaning rounds? Obviously, some of the other players DID press the issue, and fell away. The mental game you and a few others displayed was impressive...

I was there atleast a week prior to practice the courses and mentally prepare. After MJ shot that ridiculous round I knew all I had to do was stay consistent. My goal was to shoot 10 under every round and I knew I would have a chance. It was amazing just to chip away at his lead 1 or 2 strokes a round.

I was there atleast a week prior to practice the courses and mentally prepare. After MJ shot that ridiculous round I knew all I had to do was stay consistent. My goal was to shoot 10 under every round and I knew I would have a chance. It was amazing just to chip away at his lead 1 or 2 strokes a round.

you played ridiculously well and very consistent throughout the week! If i was going to lose i was glad it was you who won! I could just never get that full good round in at nevin to keep pace

Hey Paul...
I am new to playing the sport of Disc Golf and just Love IT.
My Question to you is how long have you been playing this sport???
And how long did it take you to make Pro???
i haven't played in any tourneys yet but plan on it this year...
Any tips to help keep my COOL???
Thank You...
Joseph B.

you played ridiculously well and very consistent throughout the week! If i was going to lose i was glad it was you who won! I could just never get that full good round in at nevin to keep pace

I was lucky nevin was my favorite because everyone else hated it.

Hey Paul...
I am new to playing the sport of Disc Golf and just Love IT.
My Question to you is how long have you been playing this sport???
And how long did it take you to make Pro???
i haven't played in any tourneys yet but plan on it this year...
Any tips to help keep my COOL???
Thank You...
Joseph B.

I started in 2004 so ill be going on my 9th year.
It took me 3 full years to go pro.
Thats awesome tournaments will really help you in the long run.
In order to keep your cool just realize its just a game and you need to know how lucky you truly are to even have the chance to play disc golf :)

I was lucky nevin was my favorite because everyone else hated it.

Nevin is my favorite course in Charlotte. I'm not very good, but I always have a good time playing it. My favorite hole of all time is there. #13, I think. The hole with the enormous tree.

If you could only play at one course, which course would it be?

i love that place, just couldnt quite get a hot round. I wish we played full longs, thats a beast of a woods course

My first practice round I played the longs and threw mostly rocs because I was unsure how tough that course was. I think it really helped me

Nevin is my favorite course in Charlotte. I'm not very good, but I always have a good time playing it. My favorite hole of all time is there. #13, I think. The hole with the enormous tree.

If you could only play at one course, which course would it be?

My home course in Huntington Beach, it got me this far

Thanks for doing this Paul and congrats on what you have accomplished in dg.
i was wondering if you might ever play a Wisconsin event?

Paul, whats the worst disc you've ever thrown. The one you would never throw again.

Thats awesome to hear!
If you are planning on building a huge event in 5-10 years I would offer get the town to fly a player or players out to the event. That will get the word of mouth going and soon attract more players and it allows you time to build the purse. An A tier event typically is around $1500 for 1st then fades down but I wouldn't put a limit on your tournament. I would also contact the PDGA maybe they can help you out down the road in building a Canadian Championship

1]Would you consider going to a B tier?
2]If said tournament was the week after a nearby tournament you played, what would it typically take to get a top pro to come? (Assuming they had no interest in said tournament, but also no big plans for said week)
3]How much easier would it be to convince a female player to come? (Or would it be harder?)
4]How many players would you suggest incentivizing?

Thanks for your time!

If you and MJ love Nevin, you two have to come to the Delaware Disc Golf Challenge in Sept. The first time I played Nevin, I thought it was the closest course I'd ever played to Iron Hill. I know Renny is cool, but Nevin made me feel like I was home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts