• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

I have a case of 50 arriving Fri-Sat-Mon time frame.

Going to work on getting them stamped, precision trimmed and loaded up for your testing pleasure. :thmbup:

Only 50? I'm going to have to be real quick on the trigger.

Only 50? I'm going to have to be real quick on the trigger.

Just doing some testing.

I've decided to experiment with colors...

Instead of running discs in one color like we would be forced to do with such a "small" run, I am experimenting with permanent dyes that we can take to the discs so we can have multiple "stock" colors that all come from white plastic.

I'm not complaining, Im pumped that you're making protos available whether it be 5, 50, or 500. I'd really like a green or yellow (the brighter, the better) Raptor, so I hope the process works out!

I'm not complaining, Im pumped that you're making protos available whether it be 5, 50, or 500. I'd really like a green or yellow (the brighter, the better) Raptor, so I hope the process works out!

The art for these will be insane too.
I told Lonteen to make it "brutal, gory & border-line offensive" and he said he couldn't be more pumped. It should be worthy of a small run ;)

Thanks for the insight. I will be checking your website to see when they pop up.

Have you thrown one of these yet? How would you expect them to fly?

Thanks for the insight. I will be checking your website to see when they pop up.

Have you thrown one of these yet? How would you expect them to fly?

Closest thing that I have found so far is an X-Predator

You can get a little wiggle in the middle if you really try. It actually has solid glide for an OS disc and then it will finish off with a great "3" fade.

I love the Raptor. It is kinda similar to a worked in FB that is just a go-to on 300+ ft. fade lines.

Hey JC, if there's only 50, what do you think about limiting orders to 1-2 at a time? You'd get a lot more testers if some people weren't loading up on half a dozen discs at a time. I'm not sure if your web commerce platform lets you do that, but it would be nice to actually have a shot at picking up one of the protos...

Will there be varying weights with the Ptero and Raptor? I know DD has their molds around a specific weight.

Hey JC, if there's only 50, what do you think about limiting orders to 1-2 at a time? You'd get a lot more testers if some people weren't loading up on half a dozen discs at a time. I'm not sure if your web commerce platform lets you do that, but it would be nice to actually have a shot at picking up one of the protos...

I'd love if this was implemented.

Yeah I'm just hoping to get my hands on one. Missed out on the Sobeks so would love to try out a Raptor. Not really a slot I need in my bag but who doesn't love testing out new toys while supporting a smaller, good guy company?

I think dying the discs is a great idea. Not only does it allow you a range of colours from a small run, but it eliminates flight differences between colours like we sometimes see.

I think dying the discs is a great idea. Not only does it allow you a range of colours from a small run, but it eliminates flight differences between colours like we sometimes see.

Exactly my thoughts :)

If the dye turns out consistent & permanent then I believe we will be on to something.

Sure it will take longer but that only adds to our craft disc golf angle!

Sorry for the delay!

Got the test discs in.
Tried out dye out and it worked like a dream.
Now I need to get them all precision trim the flashing & get the discs dyed.
I also am getting the stamp finalized for the little release of test Raptors.

Buttttttt....... RDG just took a painful IRS hit..... :gross:
It seems I failed to file our state taxes correctly to the tune of $1,600 so that is going to delay our projects a bit. :doh:

Sorry for the delay!

Got the test discs in.
Tried out dye out and it worked like a dream.
Now I need to get them all precision trim the flashing & get the discs dyed.
I also am getting the stamp finalized for the little release of test Raptors.

Buttttttt....... RDG just took a painful IRS hit..... :gross:
It seems I failed to file our state taxes correctly to the tune of $1,600 so that is going to delay our projects a bit. :doh:

Ouch! That hurts, sorry to hear that. It sucks there will be a delay on your projects but it's totally understandable, thanks for the transparency. Pumped to see the Raptor stamp and even more pumped to try one!

Ouch! That hurts, sorry to hear that. It sucks there will be a delay on your projects but it's totally understandable, thanks for the transparency. Pumped to see the Raptor stamp and even more pumped to try one!

It's alllll learning curve lol.

It won't halt projects though. Just need to raise more funds before we pull the trigger on the 500 piece Ptero run.

Latest posts