• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

Raptor should be easy. Just decide if you want it Jurassic Park themed or add feathers and make it scientifically close.

Petro might be harder

I'll go along with whatever. There is a lot of competition with either slot, but a Glidey fairway is much more marketable to the masses.

Raptor stamp ideas:

tumblr_l3d18vXFOd1qzracxo1_1280.jpg

560cacef09d2a6b748ae8781243d73e3.jpg

jurassic-world.jpg

Also "its just a giant turkey" could be a funny one too.

Any good news for this week on the drivers?

Still on the fence with full production.

I should have a other test batch out to me this week that will eventually be made available for purchase by you guys.

At this point the Ptero is now the favorite to run first.

Is that the TWolf or the Sabertooth retool?

That's a good discs, but I'm really looking forward to the Sabertooth with JCs tweaks.

Lucky that I was actually off today :p (rare during the week) :)

Ordered 6!!!!! :hfive:

Got them tonight!!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

First impressions.....
Fossils.....feel great, no flashing like the Wizards I picked up the Gateway in spring
Fossil Fuels....feel great as well, also no flashing, not really pale blue, more grey IMO

look forward to trying these next weekend and next week at High-bridge!

I got my discs today. The flight plate on the fossil are definitely pliable; you warned about that, but I admit I was a bit surprised considering how hard the first run of scales are. The fossil fuel is indeed stiffer and perfect in terms in my preference of firmness.

Fossil has a really nice grainy feel to it that gives me great grip and spin off my fingers. I really like that plastic a lot. If you could get a run of fossil wizards in this fossil fuel run's firmness, I'd buy a stack and be set for life.

All that said, I'm going to give the fossil wiz's a run as my main putter. I like the feel and grip enough that I think I can live with the slightly soft flight plate.

I got my discs today. The flight plate on the fossil are definitely pliable; you warned about that, but I admit I was a bit surprised considering how hard the first run of scales are. The fossil fuel is indeed stiffer and perfect in terms in my preference of firmness.

Fossil has a really nice grainy feel to it that gives me great grip and spin off my fingers. I really like that plastic a lot. If you could get a run of fossil wizards in this fossil fuel run's firmness, I'd buy a stack and be set for life.

All that said, I'm going to give the fossil wiz's a run as my main putter. I like the feel and grip enough that I think I can live with the slightly soft flight plate.

Agreed 100%
I wish Dave would have dialed up the stiffness but... in the end these are incredible Wizards. There aren't a ton of.us out there that prefer that rock hard feel so I think these Fossil Wizards are the ultimate Wizard for the masses. Ill.stick to the Fossil Fuels as my putting blend but I do love the flight and resiliency of the Fossil.

I figured I would continue the conversation on the Timberwolf/Ptero here. Will the Ptero run in champ-like plastic or will it only be ran in star-like plastic?

I figured I would continue the conversation on the Timberwolf/Ptero here. Will the Ptero run in champ-like plastic or will it only be ran in star-like plastic?

Star like is the plan.

They currently have their Flex Performance plastic TWolf that is like a gummy champ.
They also have Performance and that is more like standard champ.

I'm gunning for a firmer feeling, Star plastic as our offering.

So you'll be releasing some Raptor protos in the near future... How near? :p

Latest posts