• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

The Gila is actually the last disc I plan to tool. I never wanted RDG to have a massive arsenal so I'd be very comfortable settling in with this lineup.
PnA : Scale and Serp
Mid: Gila
Fairway: Ptero, Raptor and Tyrant
Utility: Stego

I have little interest in making a distance driver, understable mid or other PnA.

If I can ever get Mac to produce my dream mid, I'll probably work on building funds for a real Gecko run then maybe ride off into the creative sunset.

Sounds like a plan! With a Gila, my Gecko would be complete. 100% RDG rounds abounds!

Does the RDG top alter the glide on the warlock and voodoo bottom putters that element has? I'm curious if it's similar to the serpent/Magic combo. I'm torn between buying a few soft warlocks and trying an iridium out.

Does the RDG top alter the glide on the warlock and voodoo bottom putters that element has? I'm curious if it's similar to the serpent/Magic combo. I'm torn between buying a few soft warlocks and trying an iridium out.

Oh yeah. They're glideless as well.

Iridium is an amazing disc. Perfect stability and a beadless feel.
Plutonium is kinda serpent like in that it just likes to cruise straight

The RDG fairway trio of Ptero - Tyrant - Raptor is a formidable one. You can pretty easily carve up most courses using just these molds.

No lies. I finally beat a Ptero back into a flippy spot (gave away my first custom dyed Ptero that was in the sweet spot) Having an understable, hyzer flippable workhorse like the Ptero, a trusty driver and forehand grandstand in the Tyrant, and a beast of a hook in the Raptor, I can easily score within 2-3 strokes of my average scores without my full bag. I have my Gecko loaded with an Armor Flex Scale, Fossil Fuel Serpent, Element Lithium, Ozone Andro C, Tyrant, Raptor, Ptero and have been having a ton of fun the last couple weeks only throwing those for casual rounds!

Yesssss! Amber Ptero ordered! Been absolutely loving the Ptero-Tyrant-Raptor setup. My Ptero has beaten in to the flippy fairway I've been looking for. Throw it high with a good degree of hyzer, it will exhibit a huge turn, and bite back right at the end. I'm hoping the Amber Ptero will be right at home between my Tyrant and flippy Ptero.

Yesssss! Amber Ptero ordered! Been absolutely loving the Ptero-Tyrant-Raptor setup. My Ptero has beaten in to the flippy fairway I've been looking for. Throw it high with a good degree of hyzer, it will exhibit a huge turn, and bite back right at the end. I'm hoping the Amber Ptero will be right at home between my Tyrant and flippy Ptero.

It will!
The Amber Ptero are definitely more stable than the Armor. Perfect to bridge between your seasoned Ptero and Tyrant

I just noticed the Kastaplast bundle has an RDG mini with it. Any chance of offering those by themselves?

I just noticed the Kastaplast bundle has an RDG mini with it. Any chance of offering those by themselves?

They've released a couple styles of minis. I have 3 of the Gateway style RDG Eye mini and 1 of the "Amber" minis. (styled like crystallized amber) I hope they do another run, though. I run an all pink bag now and would love a pink mini.

They've released a couple styles of minis. I have 3 of the Gateway style RDG Eye mini and 1 of the "Amber" minis. (styled like crystallized amber) I hope they do another run, though. I run an all pink bag now and would love a pink mini.

I remember the Amber minis. I didn't buy since they weren't supposed to be thrown.

I remember the Amber minis. I didn't buy since they weren't supposed to be thrown.

They're not??? WHOOPS! lol

I throw my minis around my office and warehouse almost every day just to mess with my employees. Haven't shattered the amber yet, luckily, that one is usually in my bag in the car. Good to know I'm not supposed to throw them around on concrete floors though. ;)

I didn't think you were supposed to. If you can I am sad I didn't get one. The closest coarse to me also has a 9 hole coarse for minis which is kinda fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys should really add a weight option to you're site. I ordered two discs from the RDG site, hoping for near-max weight discs, and the two that came in were a ~170 Fossil Wizard and a 173 SGS warrior, since I got it to be my OS/FH mid to throw in headwinds an all that. A little disappointed, especially with the pretty light weight on the warrior, the Wizard wasn't bad at all, so I didn't mind that. Just to give you some feedback.

You guys should really add a weight option to you're site. I ordered two discs from the RDG site, hoping for near-max weight discs, and the two that came in were a ~170 Fossil Wizard and a 173 SGS warrior, since I got it to be my OS/FH mid to throw in headwinds an all that. A little disappointed, especially with the pretty light weight on the warrior, the Wizard wasn't bad at all, so I didn't mind that. Just to give you some feedback.

If you put weight requests in the comment section of your oder they will fulfill them, in my experience.