• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

Aside from the Polecat wing, you're talking about the Whittl'r from Snap Disc Sports. They've been out of production for a long time now (ahem, are you listening RDG...). I have thrown a lot of lids over the years, and this one may actually be my favorite flyer. It floats so much it makes a Comet look like a Rhyno.

I have been lusting after a Whittl'r for years... now you just made me want one even more.:mad:

I started in 2013... I believe they were OOP even then.

I thought I head rumors at one point that they were going to try and run some of their legacy discs after they transitioned to being just a vendor. Guess that never happened?

I have been lusting after a Whittl'r for years... now you just made me want one even more.:mad:

I started in 2013... I believe they were OOP even then.

I got mine much later, but I can't say that I remember seeing them on sale when I started a few years before you. I got both of mine from the marketplace. Might try a wanted thread.

I believe the Whittl'r was still being made in 2010, if not a few years later.

From what I can remember Snap was still making the Helios and trying out some better plastics at that time.

I got 2 Whittl'rs from a local shop that was only open for a few years around 2010-2013.

If another company reproduces the mold they also need to make it in the same plastic that it was made in. That plastic was awesome super flexible and near indestructible. Plus, it makes and cool sound when you smash it into a tree.

I have been looking for mine for two months, just can't remember where I put them. Last time I remember throwing them was at someone else's house, if that's where I left them I hope they didn't throw them away.

Got a new amber gila. Got 2 aces with it yesterday. One forehand one backhand. Its a great mold, can shape a lot of shots with it due to the perfect stability. Currently bagging 4 in different stages of wear.

Got a new amber gila. Got 2 aces with it yesterday. One forehand one backhand. Its a great mold, can shape a lot of shots with it due to the perfect stability. Currently bagging 4 in different stages of wear.

Awesome man! So would love to hear your opinion on how the different stages and different plastics compare. Fossil is by far my favorite, but I bag an armor for the most os slot.

From stable/straight to overstable:

Old fossil: this disc reminds me of a helicopter when it flies, pushes forward nose down, lands softly to the left. Almost hovering as it comes down which is rare for an overstable mold. The last third of the flight reminds me of a comet, but you have the high speed stabilty off the tee. I throw for straight shots or forehand flip ups that still fade at the end.

Proto Amber: Great hand feel, really enjoy the amber plastic after several rounds of wear. Same HSS, a little more fade than the fossil. This is the perfect Gila stabilty. Can throw it hard without fear of turning over, forward fading finish. Basic straight-with-fade Gila.

New amber: this was the one with the 2 aces in 90 minutes. Definitely can tell the difference between a fresh and beat Gila in terms of stability. I throw this on forehand flexes, which is generally tougher to do with a mid and the Gila does perfectly. I also throw this on more sweeping hyzers. Its like a verdict with less skip, but can handle multiple forehand angles a lot better.

Armor: like you said, most overstable. Mainly use it for longer approaches and around 250 foot spike hyzers (one specific hole with water right). I probably throw this one the least, but thats fine as it will keep its stability.

Just picked up an orgo Scale from the RDG website to try out. I've been figuring out and loving my Wizard recently, so I'm hoping this will be the perfect match and end my throwing putter search haha

Just picked up an orgo Scale from the RDG website to try out. I've been figuring out and loving my Wizard recently, so I'm hoping this will be the perfect match and end my throwing putter search haha

I'm weird I prefer to throw a wizard and put a scale, but they are definitely a reliable and predictable throwing putter. Very easy to range. You'll love it. And the organic blend is my favorite for throwing!

I just need this next Tyrant run to materialize, my wife and a friend lost two of mine so I'm down to just two left. Might have to throw beefy Teebirds back in the bag u til the next run.

I just need this next Tyrant run to materialize, my wife and a friend lost two of mine so I'm down to just two left. Might have to throw beefy Teebirds back in the bag u til the next run.

These will happen.

We have worked with Ozone to produce these Tyrants in a somewhat stiffer, translucent blend.

I think these will mold up awesome.

Just got 4 Gilas in. They are so flat.
Anybody bagging them with Comets?
Thinking about pulling the Wasp/Zone and popping in 2 Gilas fossil/armor.

Just got 4 Gilas in. They are so flat.
Anybody bagging them with Comets?
Thinking about pulling the Wasp/Zone and popping in 2 Gilas fossil/armor.

I have paired it with a AMS or a Göte and feel they work well together. I unless you are trying to disc down keep the zone. The gila doesn't quite skip like a zone, plus it isn't small by any means. If you are trying to get out of jail, having a smaller disc is nice.

That being said. The gila is a an excellent wasp replacement. I replaced a mortar, which is a similar mold. Super consistent, every run of fossil and and armor is flat.

Josh made a very exciting purchase yesterday...

We now have our own hot stamp press!

This is going to allow us to get back to our more intricate stamping. We also are talking about setting up a program in which players can send us one or more discs from their bag to have stamped with a custom hot stamp.

In addition, Josh bought the machine bc our Tyrant factory doesn't have a hot stamper. That said, Tyrants are scheduled to run in August!

Exciting days ahead for Team RDG

Latest posts