• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

Anyone know where I can get some scales? OTB has 4, I can't find any anywhere else.

Also I've never used fossil or eraser. What are these comparable to?

Anyone know where I can get some scales? OTB has 4, I can't find any anywhere else.

Also I've never used fossil or eraser. What are these comparable to?

Fossil is close to KC Pro Roc plastic with a touch more grit. Nice and stiff, breaks in evenly.
Eraser is somewhere between SS and SSS with a rubbery/velvety feel. They develop a very nice hand feel when they get beat in.

I'm putting with SS Wizards so maybe I'll try eraser. These sound intriguing.

These will happen.

We have worked with Ozone to produce these Tyrants in a somewhat stiffer, translucent blend.

I think these will mold up awesome.

I would buy an obscene amount of Tyrants with a good version of this as the stamp. Could be a fun test for the new machine.

Attachments

• 27AE7BB2-13CC-4628-B8DC-4390026FAEED.jpg
    27AE7BB2-13CC-4628-B8DC-4390026FAEED.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 33
I ordered an eraser Scale from OTB. Hope I like it.

I put together my ultimate RDG-based bag. Here is what I've got...

Putters:
- Fossil Serpent: straight, low glide drives and approaches
- Soft Exo Link: putting putter, higher glide drives/approaches.
- Fossil Scale: OS up shots and drives, wind putting
- Tar Pit Stego: ridiculous Stego shots. Hurricane putting.

Mids:
- VIP Sling: super straight shots.
- KC Pro Roc: workhorse mid shots
- Fossil Gila: straight to fade with maybe a smidge of drift in the middle of the flight. Throwing a lot until it beats in.
- Armor Gila: hard fade shots, wind fighting and forehand mid shots

Drivers:
- ArmorFlex Ptero: understable, high glide shots.
- Champion Teebird: straight to fade with solid glide
- Armor Tyrant: really beat. Flies like a beat in Eagle. It hold a forced turn for a while before coming back out
- Armor Tyrant: fresh and beefy. My Go To disc on an open shot that can fade in
- ArmorFlex velociRAPTOR: flexy plastic for hit & stick hyzers
- Armor velociRAPTOR: beefy hyzers, wind fighting and forehands

This bag has performed really nicely for me on the course. It lacks some understable discs but I can make up for that with nearly all of my discs being capable of a FH.

Attachments

• 20200729_103115.jpg
    20200729_103115.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 20200729_103137.jpg
    20200729_103137.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 20200729_103100.jpg
    20200729_103100.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 17
I put together my ultimate RDG-based bag.

This bag has performed really nicely for me on the course. It lacks some understable discs but I can make up for that with nearly all of my discs being capable of a FH.

You need my beat-to-sh!t Roc with the RDG stamp I use as my turnover/US mid. Love that disc, never throw it where there's even a 1% chance I'll lose it. It only goes left if I throw it crappy

You need my beat-to-sh!t Roc with the RDG stamp I use as my turnover/US mid. Love that disc, never throw it where there's even a 1% chance I'll lose it. It only goes left if I throw it crappy

I usually force over my Sling and it won't come back.

But there is something beautiful about a beat Roc.

I used to have a mid 160s KC that would just float. I need another.....

Picked up a Scale recently and wow. Yeah this is a keeper. I only recently started throwing Wizards again and the Scale is the perfect compliment. After I figured out to give it a little more height, I was hitting lines that I just couldn't before. Awesome disc, glad to hop on the RDG train.

Picked up a Scale recently and wow. Yeah this is a keeper. I only recently started throwing Wizards again and the Scale is the perfect compliment. After I figured out to give it a little more height, I was hitting lines that I just couldn't before. Awesome disc, glad to hop on the RDG train.

This is good to hear. I putt with wizards and just ordered a scale the other day. I was thinking it'd be a good compliment.

Anyone else imagining what a beadless scale would fly like? I love the disc but I am a lover of beadless rims. Almost contemplating getting a fossil and grinding the bead off as an experiment but I'm too afraid I'd like it.

Niiiiice!

The Scale has become more of our middle of the road seller compared to Stego & Gila. I think it's a bit underrated just bc it feels so similar to a Wiz.

Wiz/Scale just does so much work on the course.

Anyone else imagining what a beadless scale would fly like? I love the disc but I am a lover of beadless rims. Almost contemplating getting a fossil and grinding the bead off as an experiment but I'm too afraid I'd like it.
I have two Element Iridiums; Scale top with the Warlock wing. Flies basically like a Scale. AGL sells the mold now, I think it's called the Manzanita. The bead never bothered me so I saw no reason to switch from the Scale.

I have two Element Iridiums; Scale top with the Warlock wing. Flies basically like a Scale. AGL sells the mold now, I think it's called the Manzanita. The bead never bothered me so I saw no reason to switch from the Scale.

Thanks for the heads up, I would have never found that on my own.

I wouldn't say the bead bothers me, just that it's the only disc in my bag with a bead and I've found myself wondering.

Niiiiice!

The Scale has become more of our middle of the road seller compared to Stego & Gila. I think it's a bit underrated just bc it feels so similar to a Wiz.

Wiz/Scale just does so much work on the course.
I have a teenager who quit throwing years ago, but she recently declared her edgy emo/goth phase over so she can frolf again. Kids. :| Anyway, she's putt/approaching with some old Classic Aviars and was throwing her approach shots all over the place. I gave her a 171g Scale and she has discovered the wonders of dependable fade for accuracy; after the first week she made a nice hyzer approach around a tree and said "that's cheating, is that disc legal?"

Reading the write up on the manzanita, it says the top is super flat... Are scales supposed to be flat?? Mine is very domey- maybe that's normal for armor plastic? I've never handled another one and that description had me doing a double take.

Latest posts