• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

Finally got to test out that eraser Scale today. That thing is money. Much more comfortable BH than my zone. It's staying in the bag for sure. Now I need more.

The beginning of the RDG bug...

It is a good bug to have.

The beginning of the RDG bug...

It is a good bug to have.

I've been bagging my Gila for a couple weeks now too. Also have a Stego but that's too much for my noodle arm lol.

I've been bagging my Gila for a couple weeks now too. Also have a Stego but that's too much for my noodle arm lol.

The Stego is a strange thing.

Sometimes I carry it thinking there is no way I will need it, but when I get myself buried in no-mans land I find it is the one disc that gives me the most options. I admit that I don't carry it often, but on the most woodsy courses it is almost always in cart. Hope your Gila is Fossil, one of my Fossils is finally beating to where it will go straight for most of its flight. I have an Amber one for when the flight has to hyzer the whole way.

The Stego is a strange thing.

Sometimes I carry it thinking there is no way I will need it, but when I get myself buried in no-mans land I find it is the one disc that gives me the most options. I admit that I don't carry it often, but on the most woodsy courses it is almost always in cart. Hope your Gila is Fossil, one of my Fossils is finally beating to where it will go straight for most of its flight. I have an Amber one for when the flight has to hyzer the whole way.

I think my Gila is Amber, the champ like plastic. I'll have to take the Stego out again, I could've used it in some of the situations I put myself in today. I don't bag an OS mid often but if I do it's the Gila. Wasp and Buzzz are my usual mids. The Gila has the extra fade I can trust. Awesome disc. I could tell I was going to like the Scale as soon as I felt it.

I think my Gila is Amber, the champ like plastic. I'll have to take the Stego out again, I could've used it in some of the situations I put myself in today. I don't bag an OS mid often but if I do it's the Gila. Wasp and Buzzz are my usual mids. The Gila has the extra fade I can trust. Awesome disc. I could tell I was going to like the Scale as soon as I felt it.

We appreciate the support!

You will find that RDG isn't a company that will be constantly running discs. We operate on tight margins (I hate price gouging), we refuse to do disc pre orders & we don't have a lot of dough to begin with...

That said, we appreciate everyone that throws our discs. It still kinda a "pinch myself" moment that I've been able to create molds that I wanted to make, and have all my DGCR friends love and support them

Thanks as always guys/gals.

Well you got a fan in me. I'll end up ordering some Serpents too, just because. Definitely more Scales now that I know what all the fuss is about.

The Reptilian bar stamp is the most underrated stamp in disc golf BTW...

Lol glad you like it
Josh had that idea. I actually wasn't huge on it but people love it.

Im working on getting some apparel templates created through Printful. They print and ship direct so we don't have to carry inventory and our customers can actually buy RDG swag. Pretty excited to get that going again.

Launched some apparel on the site today. Making these through Printful so they will ship directly from them.

Attachments

• mockup-b02eecab_1296x.jpg
    mockup-b02eecab_1296x.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 29
  • mockup-23429a40_1296x.jpg
    mockup-23429a40_1296x.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 27
Bagged a new course today and noticed I had a FR Ptero in the bag. Threw a few flicks with it, and it might be the longest, straightest driver in the bag right now. I can't believe I don't see more talk about it.

This might be a weird comparison, but on paper they seem similar: how do the Gila and the DGA Aftershock compare?

Not that close IMO. I bag a Gila and throw it pretty much every round. It is pretty beat up but is still way more overstable than any Roc I've ever thrown. I have an Aftershock but haven't thrown it much. I would say it is less overstable than a new Roc. More like a slightly beat in Roc.

Had a crazy 80' approach shot on one of my home courses the other day. Patent pending, way uphill, basket up on a knoll, if a disc flew too far, it was gonna result in a 120' uphill comeback shot. Decided to throw a little flex shot with the Stego. Knew that disc wasn't gonna fly past the basket! Plopped flat next to the basket for an easy tap in. My wife, who doesn't play or really understand disc golf at all was with me and says "for as hard as you threw that, I was expecting that frisbee to be a mile down the hill on the other side.."

My reply "Stego things"

She didn't get it.

I explained "it's literally like trying to throw a real stegosaurus that far".

Seemed accurate haha

Only saying this cuz I already ordered mine, but the SteGlo(glow Stego) is live on RGD.

I threw one a handful of times thanks to the VIP PIF box, that mold is insanity. I don't need one, but damn am I tempted to pull the trigger anyway. Shame it doesn't work with the 5pack promo code...

I threw one a handful of times thanks to the VIP PIF box, that mold is insanity. I don't need one, but damn am I tempted to pull the trigger anyway. Shame it doesn't work with the 5pack promo code...

I'm trying to wait til the handful of armor stegos drop to order a glow, hopefully both will be stocked at the same time

Latest posts