• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

Niiiiice!

The Scale has become more of our middle of the road seller compared to Stego & Gila. I think it's a bit underrated just bc it feels so similar to a Wiz.

Wiz/Scale just does so much work on the course.

If I wasn't married to my Buzzzes, I'd definitely give the Gila a try. I loved flat top Rocs and it sounds like Gilas are similar, but more OS

Stego only round...

Im gonna try this one of these days. One of my more local courses has a few 450'+ holes that'll be interesting. And unlike some of our peeps here (Moose, looking at you) Im not sure I can chuck my stego 200' let alone 300'+.

What's the best chance for distance with a Stego? Throw it backhand like I'm trying a sky roller? Or a fh roller maybe? I'm curious haha

Im gonna try this one of these days. One of my more local courses has a few 450'+ holes that'll be interesting. And unlike some of our peeps here (Moose, looking at you) Im not sure I can chuck my stego 200' let alone 300'+.

What's the best chance for distance with a Stego? Throw it backhand like I'm trying a sky roller? Or a fh roller maybe? I'm curious haha

For me it was all about the extreme flex FH shot, though I got over 200 Bh as well on that sky roller line, as long as you can do that without slowing your arm.

If you do a roller start it nearer to the ground because about half the time I have tried it they fight out before it hits the stupid ground.

For me it was all about the extreme flex FH shot, though I got over 200 Bh as well on that sky roller line, as long as you can do that without slowing your arm.

If you do a roller start it nearer to the ground because about half the time I have tried it they fight out before it hits the stupid ground.

My FH isn't great. Arm speed for days, no angle control. Which might work fine with the Stego.....pretty sure I'm not going to flip it over haha.

I'll give it a whirl next time I'm out and report back!

Picked up a Scale recently and wow. Yeah this is a keeper. I only recently started throwing Wizards again and the Scale is the perfect compliment. After I figured out to give it a little more height, I was hitting lines that I just couldn't before. Awesome disc, glad to hop on the RDG train.

We are glad to have you!

This is good to hear. I putt with wizards and just ordered a scale the other day. I was thinking it'd be a good compliment.

I actually do the opposite, I putt with scales drive wizards, they work great together! Throw a storm radar in there and you have a whole family of varying glides to work with, though the radar doesn't quite feel as similar as a wizard and scale do.

Anyone else imagining what a beadless scale would fly like? I love the disc but I am a lover of beadless rims. Almost contemplating getting a fossil and grinding the bead off as an experiment but I'm too afraid I'd like it.

Try throwing the Pu, madrone. It flies like what a scale flies like when it is completely beat and the bead has been worn down. It does have a microbead though.

I have two Element Iridiums; Scale top with the Warlock wing. Flies basically like a Scale. AGL sells the mold now, I think it's called the Manzanita. The bead never bothered me so I saw no reason to switch from the Scale.

Speaking of element, have any old Pu that you dont want ;)

Reading the write up on the manzanita, it says the top is super flat... Are scales supposed to be flat?? Mine is very domey- maybe that's normal for armor plastic? I've never handled another one and that description had me doing a double take.

The premium scales did mold up domey. I liked to throw them for what I throw a berg now. If I still had a premium scale I wouldn't use the berg.

The baseline scales are very flat. The RDG top was designed to be a flat putter top. And element first borrowed, then AGL that top for their two putting molds.

Speaking of element, have any old Pu that you dont want ;)
Have you ever had an irrational hatred of a mold that really made no sense? I HATE me some Voodoos. Not dislike. Not "it's just not for me." I HATE that damn putter. Grind them all up!

I mean I throw Wizards and it's a microbead Wizard so...go figure. I won't touch one, though. Same deal with Plutoniums; I love Scales and the Iridiums would be just fine if I couldn't get any Scales but I wouldn't touch a Plutonium if you paid me.

Good thing there are Scales. :|

Have you ever had an irrational hatred of a mold that really made no sense? I HATE me some Voodoos. Not dislike. Not "it's just not for me." I HATE that damn putter. Grind them all up!

I mean I throw Wizards and it's a microbead Wizard so...go figure. I won't touch one, though. Same deal with Plutoniums; I love Scales and the Iridiums would be just fine if I couldn't get any Scales but I wouldn't touch a Plutonium if you paid me.

Good thing there are Scales. :|

I get it, I feel that way about aviars.

Good thing there are wizards

Throw it upside down, flies way better like that.

Just have a stamp that looks like a manhole cover embossing.

On Stego news the soft floppy (fossil flex?) plastic is definitely my most favorite.
I have a fossil that is decently taco'd but you would have to worry about it rolling sometimes
I had an amber, but that thing could take some wild skips sometime

Fossil flex is a hit and stick MACHINE.

Just have a stamp that looks like a manhole cover embossing.

On Stego news the soft floppy (fossil flex?) plastic is definitely my most favorite.
I have a fossil that is decently taco'd but you would have to worry about it rolling sometimes
I had an amber, but that thing could take some wild skips sometime

Fossil flex is a hit and stick MACHINE.

Then our latest run should make you happy.... We are trying to team up with Infinite & OTB to produce a Glow Tarpit Run!!!

Finally got to test out that eraser Scale today. That thing is money. Much more comfortable BH than my zone. It's staying in the bag for sure. Now I need more.

Latest posts