• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] THE Roc3 Thread

I have and they're great! Just something about the Mcpro plastic I guess. I'm sure if there were to be a production run that people would still buy the tour series just like they do with the destroyers, firebirds, etc.
I caught a glimpse of Paul throwing an Orange Mcpro stamped like a KCpro at worlds and it just got me thinking and hoping that someday soon we would see a production run.

I think it was a KC Pro Roc. At least BigSexy thought so in the commentary.

Is there any flight difference between a mcpro roc3 and a flat top kc roc?

I've only thrown three of this year's mcpros, but all of them have started less stable than fresh FTs. My first mcpro was the straightest of the bunch (still had noticeable turn), with the next two having more movement on them out of the box. Most days I don't bag any rocs flippier than a relatively new mcpro, but courses around here don't really demand a hyzer flip to roller stability mid.

Why not just get a Kc Roc?
Anybody know if there will ever be a production run of Mcpro Roc3's? Or how to contact Innova to demand that they release a production run. I love the Mcpros but I don't like having to pay $20+ for one, throw it, risk losing it, and have to worry about the disc being in stock. I'm sure this question has been asked more than once. Just hoping that maybe somebody knew somebody that had an inside source that could answer this question.

Sent fra min D6603 via Tapatalk

Anybody know if there will ever be a production run of Mcpro Roc3's? Or how to contact Innova to demand that they release a production run. I love the Mcpros but I don't like having to pay $20+ for one, throw it, risk losing it, and have to worry about the disc being in stock. I'm sure this question has been asked more than once. Just hoping that maybe somebody knew somebody that had an inside source that could answer this question.

Having been in this boat previously, I've switched to KC Rocs, specifically those with a touch dome. I bet a color glow KC would do exactly what you want, especially if it's not max weight.

This year I've bagged a 2018 McGlow Roc3 as my least stable Roc, and I'm only about 6 weeks away from needing to put my base plastic discs into winter hibernation. A couple questions:

1. Does the McGlow plastic crack in the winter like DX? At the McGlow price point I wouldn't consider it base plastic, but the feel is similar to DX. Just wondering if I need to start aggressively seasoning my G* Roc3 to take over the straight Roc slot for the winter. I'd prefer to keep chucking the McGlow but obviously don't want it to shatter from a cold weather tree hit.

2. Are McGlow, McPro, and KC Pro all basically the same plastic blend? Same feel, same seasonable durability, same winter properties, etc?

McPro and KC Pro is the same plastic blend. They shatter easily during the winter. I'm not sure about the McGlow blend, Im guessing its just glow. It also shatters during the winter

Thanks for the info. While I'm a little bummed that my McGlow can't be thrown in the cold, that's basically the answer I was expecting.

In all seriousness, how does he not field throw a disc atleast once before using in a NT?

I guess that's true, but would you expect to be well served by practicing your OS mid shots at LVC?

There was a question in another thread so I pulled out the easiest Roc3 I had access to, it's a big bird champ Roc3 (I think they were the first run maybe?) that somebody gave me. It should have been an X out as it has visible debris flecks in the plastic. It's only 171g. I've never paid that much attention to it, but as I looked at it today the thing has a pop top dome on it. I thought the whole point of the Roc3 was a flat top?

At any rate, what would a Roc3 with a pop top dome fly like?

I have some domier Champ Roc3's and actually like them.

Makes them a bit more OS in my opinion.

There was a question in another thread so I pulled out the easiest Roc3 I had access to, it's a big bird champ Roc3 (I think they were the first run maybe?) that somebody gave me. It should have been an X out as it has visible debris flecks in the plastic. It's only 171g. I've never paid that much attention to it, but as I looked at it today the thing has a pop top dome on it. I thought the whole point of the Roc3 was a flat top?

A Roc3 with dome is more overstable than it's flatter counterparts. Greater HSS, and a more gradual transition into the fade.
I'm actually surprised that you have a domey Big Bird, all of the ones I've owned or felt have been completely flat, like atypical for the mold flat, but I've only had 177 grams or heavier. That's the reason I never got on with the Big Birds, too flat and not high speed stable enough. Didn't stop me from throwing what is now basically hundreds of dollars worth of collector discs though.
Also, the Big Birds were basically the 2nd run, done just after the Protos, but a few months before the stock stamps were released.

A Roc3 with dome is more overstable than it's flatter counterparts. Greater HSS, and a more gradual transition into the fade.
I'm actually surprised that you have a domey Big Bird, all of the ones I've owned or felt have been completely flat, like atypical for the mold flat, but I've only had 177 grams or heavier. That's the reason I never got on with the Big Birds, too flat and not high speed stable enough. Didn't stop me from throwing what is now basically hundreds of dollars worth of collector discs though.
Also, the Big Birds were basically the 2nd run, done just after the Protos, but a few months before the stock stamps were released.
This thing I doubt has any value because of the debris flecks in the plastic. I'm kinda surprised it saw the light of day and it should have at least been an X out. So I can probably throw it no big loss.

I've had 6-7 Roc3's, and I don't think I've ever seen one that was domey.

Come on, I just posted in the Roc thread yesterday that I found the domey Roc3s to be more overstable :) You even quoted it!

I've had 6-7 Roc3's, and I don't think I've ever seen one that was domey.

They're out there... Not crazy dome like some of the domey Rocs, but pretty domey for a Roc3. Definitely not something anyone would call flat.

Latest posts