• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] THE Roc3 Thread

Streets

* Ace Member *
Since all the Rancho Roc throwers were getting salty, here is a thread to discuss all things Roc3.

I am throwing a Roc3 in addition to my Core/Comet and it is a great compliment. For my throwing style, it is versatile which is a nice surprise. I have ~360-380 max golf power and I can manipulate the Roc3 within any distance between 150-275. I am really enjoying it so far.

How stable is Star Roc3? It felt great in hand, way better than Champion Roc3, but I'm wondering how would it fit between Sanny/Brinster Q-Sentinels and DX Roc3's/Rocs.

How stable is Star Roc3? It felt great in hand, way better than Champion Roc3, but I'm wondering how would it fit between Sanny/Brinster Q-Sentinels and DX Roc3's/Rocs.

I have several Star Roc3s, both soft and firm Star plastic, as well as several Champion Roc3s, a couple of McPro Roc3s, a Metal Flake Roc3, a DX Roc3, and GStar Roc3s (that I never throw).

ALL of them fly virtually the same: straight flight then dump fade. The Metal Flake is a bit more OS than the others, but not by all that much. My DX has very quickly seasoned into a near fadeless disc with a wee bit of turn. The McPros have seasoned in to being straight with little to no fade. The Star and Champ Roc3s hold their flight patterns longer than the McPros and DX Roc3s.

To answer your question, I would say "Yes, Star fits between the Brinsters and the (fresh) DXs."

Champ and star roc3 are identical in flight. There are some domey star roc3 that fly more overstable. Flat ones feel amazing and fly very similar to champs.

I'm extremely happy they decided to make production run Dx Roc3s. I liked the mold but not having an easily available base version was kind of a deal breaker. Now, I'm breaking one in and it's become an amazing midrange.

I'm extremely happy they decided to make production run Dx Roc3s. I liked the mold but not having an easily available base version was kind of a deal breaker. Now, I'm breaking one in and it's become an amazing midrange.

Is there any comparison to the Mc Pros? I love my champs but I simply cant break one in fast enough to have multiples. I love the flight of my McPro when new, and it has seasoned in to a beautiful flyer, just starting to show a tick of late in its flight. Because McPros are what, 20-30 bucks now, and champs are too durable to season in anything short of a year or two, I bag other molds to fill the spots Id like a seasoned Roc3 to fill (Claymore, Tursas).

I threw in a champ F2 in my innova factory store order a few months ago, to try one out and see what all the fuss is about. Love the disc! Nice straight, long flight with just the right amount of fade at the end. I'm curious to hear from everyone on how the dx roc3's work out with the breaking in & cycling, in comparison to the regular rocs. I'm still throwing sharks for my mids, but am open to the idea of converting over to roc3's.

Is there any comparison to the Mc Pros? I love my champs but I simply cant break one in fast enough to have multiples. I love the flight of my McPro when new, and it has seasoned in to a beautiful flyer, just starting to show a tick of late in its flight. Because McPros are what, 20-30 bucks now, and champs are too durable to season in anything short of a year or two, I bag other molds to fill the spots Id like a seasoned Roc3 to fill (Claymore, Tursas).

I can't say for sure, I've never throw McPro Roc3s. My experience is the the DX start out about as stable as a Dx Roc (one of the mild dome, workable ones) but beats slightly quicker. Been using mine for a month or two and it right now will hold whatever line (hyzer, straight, anhyzer) easily.

Put a bottom stamp star roc3 in the bag and its decently stable. Holds a hyzer to the ground at full power, nice flex shots too. Can get it to fly straight about 300' before it fades left pretty hard. A good compliment to my first run roc3 and kc rocs

McPro's are firmer to me than DXs. McPros beat in "not as fast" as DX, but faster than Star and Champ. IMHO McPros would be ideal for those that like to cycle discs. I'm hoping that one day the McPro Roc3s will be standard production issue...

I'm still throwing sharks for my mids, but am open to the idea of converting over to roc3's.

For those who might not know, the Shark3 is basically a Roc3 without the bead (as a Shark is a Roc without the bead). For me the Shark3 has more fade and a more consistent fade, and I personally like the Shark3 better for hyzers.

The flip side of this is that I'm pairing the Shark3 and VCobra as my mids... but if I need the space in the bag I'll take both of those out and put in the Roc3.

Now that it's getting warm weather again (at least here in the ATL it is), I'll probably put the McRoc3 (McPro Roc3) back in the bag.

McPro's are firmer to me than DXs. McPros beat in "not as fast" as DX, but faster than Star and Champ. IMHO McPros would be ideal for those that like to cycle discs. I'm hoping that one day the McPro Roc3s will be standard production issue...

When this day comes I will only throw them. Until then, i wont be spending $20+ per disc to throw at trees lol

For those who might not know, the Shark3 is basically a Roc3 without the bead (as a Shark is a Roc without the bead). For me the Shark3 has more fade and a more consistent fade, and I personally like the Shark3 better for hyzers.

The flip side of this is that I'm pairing the Shark3 and VCobra as my mids... but if I need the space in the bag I'll take both of those out and put in the Roc3.

Now that it's getting warm weather again (at least here in the ATL it is), I'll probably put the McRoc3 (McPro Roc3) back in the bag.
It's funny how the roc3's flight ratings say that it has more fade than a shark3, yet everything I've read on posts on here say otherwise. I've been scratching my head a lot lately, because I get confused when I throw my fresh sharks (not shark 3's) and my roc3, and my sharks seem to always fade a bit more. Maybe it's my form, maybe it's just because sharks do fade more than rocs. Who the hell knows. I just run with it.

Maybe it's my form, maybe it's just because sharks do fade more than rocs. Who the hell knows. I just run with it.

Consensus, which I verified for myself with my own experiences, is that the Shark3 is generally more OS (or has more fade) than the Roc3. I agree that the flight numbers for these discs should be swapped. This would not be the first time that flight numbers have been controversial. :| :D

I like them but don't love the shoulder, I have a 2x and a metal flake, and get good lines out of them usually but the shoulder head combo feels weird. I do like the Bard though which is essentially a Roc3 with a Justice feeling top.

Yeah Shark 3s are definitely more OS then Roc 3s. You wouldn't think it true by the numbers, but in general in the 3 line the shark is more OS. I have thrown and own quite a few Roc 3s. In my search I have only found one red domey 3X champ Roc3 that flies as the numbers would imply. It hasn't left my bag since.

The shark3 and roc3 are nothing alike. They fly differently and the wing shapes are completely different. The only thing they have in common is that they are both 3 series midranges.

Shark3s do make a good "OS Roc3" If you don't want to dig thru roc3s looking for that OS freak. But they don't feel remotely similar in the hand.

I'm not a big fan of most of the champ roc3s. I want my premium plastic mids to be stable to overstable for the most part. I really dig the mcpro roc3s tho. They absolutely bomb, I've been throwing mine TOO far from time to time lately. I get a solid 30-50 feet average more distance out of the McPros then my old Rancho KC's. Usually thsts a good thing, but I have been overthrowing holes every once in a while.