• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] THE Roc3 Thread

Sure, but 0 3 indicates a fairly OS flight, the Roc3 doesn't fly OS IMO. It's more of a stable mold

Out of curiousity, are you throwing max weight?

Elevation is at play, at least with you and I. Oslo Norway is basically at sea level, where as where I am, Im at about 600-700ft above sea level. My discs will fly a bit more stable than yours Id imagine.

Out of curiousity, are you throwing max weight?

Elevation is at play, at least with you and I. Oslo Norway is basically at sea level, where as where I am, Im at about 600-700ft above sea level. My discs will fly a bit more stable than yours Id imagine.

No, my Roc3s are 172g and 175g, not quite max weight. The 175 is more stable, I attribute that to the high PLH rather than the 2g weight difference tho

I think the flight numbers are taken too much to heart by some folks. They really should be used as a reference point and thats about it. Theres too many factors that come in to play that will effect the way a disc flies. Power and elevation, form, weight of the disc, etc etc etc. But with the flight ratings you can get a pretty good indication of how a disc will fly +/-. Thats why we dont just buy a disc and bag it based on the numbers. We buy it, and test it out

Exactly, which is why I made that joking comment about how everyone agrees on the flight numbers and the rating system. :p In reality, it's been a point of controversy and debate. It is what it is....

Last edited:
No, my Roc3s are 172g and 175g, not quite max weight. The 175 is more stable, I attribute that to the high PLH rather than the 2g weight difference tho

Yea, close enough. 3g isnt going to make a difference

Exactly, which is why I made that joking comment about how everyone agrees on the flight numbers and the rating system. It is what it is, of course.

Oh I got it lol. I was just elaborating on the topic

I think the biggest appeal about the roc3 for most people is that it is a champion plastic roc without having to find a USDGC. I know that is why I tried them initially.

The other big appeal to me is distance. That extra 30+ feet you can get out of them comes in really handy. I know there are a lot of holes I throw that before I threw roc3s were really tricky for me, those 300ish dead straight shots where a slower mid just can't quite get there but a powered down fairway is usually going to finish left of the basket. The ability to get a mid flight shape only longer is, I think, a huge reason why most people prefer faster mids these days.

The champ plastic thing isn't a huge deal, but I think I may try a few out anyway.

My comets and rocs don't have a large gap in distance right now. I kind of want something to fit better between my comets and FDs. There are a lot of times where I want similar distance to FDs but don't want to risk the fade out of a driver. I also want to make sure to keep comets for my typical slow midrange finesse shots.

Would a dx and champ be good ones to try out? I've almost always carried 2 dx and 1 kc roc. But I don't want to start with hard to find McPros either.

Last edited:
The champ plastic thing isn't a huge deal, but I think I may try a few out anyway.

My comets and rocs don't have a large gap in distance right now. I kind of want something to fit better between my comets and FDs. There are a lot of times where I want similar distance to FDs but don't want to risk the fade out of a driver. I also want to make sure to keep comets for my typical slow midrange finesse shots.

Would a dx and champ be good ones to try out? I've almost always carried 2 dx and 1 kc roc. But I don't want to start with hard to find McPros either.

For what you're describing, I would suggest the DX Roc-3. Flies like a slightly worn KC or DX Roc right out of the box and will give you that extra distance.

I'd highly suggest a max weight Champ Mako3. They're very stable, fade lightly and are sneaky long - longer than my Roc3s. If it worked for McBeast...

I'd highly suggest a max weight Champ Mako3. They're very stable, fade lightly and are sneaky long - longer than my Roc3s. If it worked for McBeast...

I'll second this. Get one max weight and another 170ish to hold turnover lines better.

For the shot your looking to fill, I use a McPro Roc3 for exactly that. They BOMB! But like you said, hard to find, harder to find multiples, and hard to justify $25+ on a thrower. For this reason once my two McPros are retired I will be swapping them for Claymores. Ive already interchanged these two just to test the waters and for me, they're very interchangeable.

For the shot your looking to fill, I use a McPro Roc3 for exactly that. They BOMB! But like you said, hard to find, harder to find multiples, and hard to justify $25+ on a thrower. For this reason once my two McPros are retired I will be swapping them for Claymores. Ive already interchanged these two just to test the waters and for me, they're very interchangeable.

Yup thats why I throw McPros too.

Its fair to assume McPros will be widely available again at some point this year.

Its fair to assume McPros will be widely available again at some point this year.

Discontinue KC Rocs and make room for production McPro Roc3s :clap:

I would agree. I love the stamps, but I'd like to see something new. And being a tour series disc I imagine we'll get just that

I would be on board with this. I love KCs but theyre not McPros. If that did happen though (and not that it would anytime soon), there would be rioting outside the Innova factory

Considering all the KC's I've seen for a while are hot garbage id be on board with this. Crappy KC's are the reason im in the mcpro bandwagon in the first place.

Considering all the KC's I've seen for a while are hot garbage id be on board with this. Crappy KC's are the reason im in the mcpro bandwagon in the first place.

In with the new, out with the old. :clap:

By this, are you expecting another run from the proshop? Or do you think McPro Roc3s will come out in mass production for us to buy? TIA.

i'd like to see another run of flat big bird champ roc3's.. or just flat champ roc3's.

By this, are you expecting another run from the proshop? Or do you think McPro Roc3s will come out in mass production for us to buy? TIA.

I meant pro shop release. I'm assuming that an updated stamp for both the mcpro roc3 and aviar will be out relatively soon, just based on how the tour series stuff has worked in the past.

i'd like to see another run of flat big bird champ roc3's.. or just flat champ roc3's.

Whatchu talking about? All I ever see is board flat champs. I dig through champ roc3 piles all the time in search of domey ones and can't ever find one.