• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Stamp A Day Thread!

I guess Innova didn't want it getting confused with actual proto stars.

I stumbled across my preliminary draft for an 08 USDGC Roc. Dave D and Poole's feedback was that it was a cool bird, but not Roc enough. Unfortunately at the time I was pretty smashed with day-job tasks and didn't go through with any revisions. I had another design that was drafted out a few times, but it was insanely more time-consuming to carry through to a final. Basically I was too lazy / busy to do a USDGC Roc. Since the DGR Roc went through, I'm good on Rocs for a while.

zam08roc.jpg

I like that man. The way the birds head is titled it gives a feeling of youthful enthusiasm. Head up, ready to shred the course and have fun

I like that man. The way the birds head is titled it gives a feeling of youthful enthusiasm. Head up, ready to shred the course and have fun
Agreed. DN Roc.
Well OK, I'm sold. Yeah ZJ this was from early concepts shown in the DGR Roc. Fresh young go-getter Roc, represents the Champ flight. It'd be a good DN Roc.

8251460368_3fae28df14_z.jpg

The Ho Ho Throw skull Santa I did for Discovering The World Holiday stamp.
They were stamped on GL Rivers (pictured) and GL Saints.

I have a stamp design I really want to post.

But I think I'll wait for the real thing in a few weeks.

2013 Lava Creek Classic

My first disc stamps with a "jimbosprint" signature!

attachment.php

I'm a little disappointed that Innova screwed it up and put the stamp too high on the disc - it was meant to be lower so the curve of the bar would match the curve of the disc.

And I'm severely disappointed that Innova didn't even use the art I sent them for this year's Feather River Open, which also had the jimbosprint sig - instead they just typed a new year over the top of last year's stamp. From now on I am going to demand a proof before they can stamp. I own a print shop, and if I screwed up someone's $1000 job without a proof I would have to make it right at my expense.

Attachments

• InnovaGator175Champion-2013LavaCreekClassic.jpg
    InnovaGator175Champion-2013LavaCreekClassic.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 85
  • InnovaAviar175JK_2013LavaCreekClassic.jpg
    InnovaAviar175JK_2013LavaCreekClassic.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 69
  • jimbosprint-stamped.jpg
    jimbosprint-stamped.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 302
Woo Hoo! Congrats on the signature disc, Jimbo, looks great.

For stamp placement where you want it, you may want to download the Innova template for stamp artwork and send them a file with it as one of the layers.

Just sent off art for two new tournament stamps! One went to DTW to be put on 100 Latitude discs!

Can't wait to show them off.

The latest in the Lat 64 Skulboy Series: VISION.
That's awesome! I love it.

Today I'm doing the Gonzo Reissue for HOTT -- here's a pair of the first stamp that we reissued, for last weekend's Red Rock Show. ThreePutt's favorite robo-cow on a Glow Champ Aviar (small-bead aka QMega) and a Glow Gator, respectively -- the 2008 original and the 2013 reissue.

brosk.jpg

This isn't any kind of design marvel, but it's a great concept for a stash mini with two stamped sides. Each Puck set has both stamps. Took ZJ and I much longer to come up with a name than it did for the stamp idea... here's the Flipside!

flipside_dgcr.jpg

This isn't any kind of design marvel, but it's a great concept for a stash mini with two stamped sides. Each Puck set has both stamps. Took ZJ and I much longer to come up with a name than it did for the stamp idea... here's the Flipside!

flipside_dgcr.jpg

So, Zam...

Will this be available in a three-sided model, all 3 with "lay up!"? Because, that's really what I'm in the market for after this weekend.