• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Temple Of ROC!!!!

Jesse B 707

* Ace Member *
roc.jpg

Am I the only one who still throws these things? id hate to have a new player come to DGR and see a 70+ page Comet thread and ZERO Roc love, So if you want to ask questions about, generally praise or hell even bash the Roc (permaban for doing so :wink: ) then get your asses in here and make some noise

I may have to pick me up a Roc. How are the newest 12x's? Are the new DX stiff or soft?

I am currently giving the Roc a fair shake and I am pretty happy with the results. I have been searching for a mid that I am comfortable with and I have tried alot of discs from most of the manufacturers and I realy like the Roc. Will it stay time will tell. But over the last month the Roc has worked really well for me.

dgdave said:
I may have to pick me up a Roc. How are the newest 12x's? Are the new DX stiff or soft?
havnt bought a new 12x in over a year but all the newer DX ones i have been getting lately have been straight $$$$ it seems like they have rid themselves of the GIANT poppy top problem over these last few runs, the plastic is nice and stiff and the domes on all my newer ones have been just perfect (for my tastes) not too flat, not a super pop top, just $$$

the newer stiff 12x rocs are very nice, they are much more durable than the 12x from last year.

I love my Rocs. Just cycling through DX Rocs and currently trying to beat in a couple Champ Rocs too.

I'm going to state the obvious and say I think it's bullshit that it's so hard to find a Roc in anything other than DX. Yes DX wears in well blah, blah, blah it's not that I don't like DX. I just think the absence of Rocs in Champ or Star, especially in anything other than 180, or at certain times of year, or unless you hold your tongue just right, is dumb. So there. Is that Roc praise because I care whether they're available, or a Roc complaint because they aren't?

Dogma said:
I'm going to state the obvious and say I think it's bullshit that it's so hard to find a Roc in anything other than DX. Yes DX wears in well blah, blah, blah it's not that I don't like DX. I just think the absence of Rocs in Champ or Star, especially in anything other than 180, or at certain times of year, or unless you hold your tongue just right, is dumb. So there. Is that Roc praise because I care whether they're available, or a Roc complaint because they aren't?

premium rocs are way easier to get nowadays.

the star rocs at DGU have been on sale for a while at $17.99 but are, admittedly, only available in 180.

Also what about KC?

Frank_Delicious said:
Also what about KC?
Has anyone else noticed that KC plastic has an odd static-ey feel to it, especially in cold dry whether? Even to the extent that dust and stuff is attracted to it? It just never feels right to me.

Don't worry Jesse. That may look like a thread jack, but I'm helping bump your page count. 66 to go.

Latest posts