• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Tern!

Alright!!!! Innova finally came out with another disc!!! It's been forever!!! Probably at least 10-15 minutes.

A local pro said it flies like a longer Teebird.

Even with the -3 turn ... :|

With the Mamba, Beast, and Vulcan, isn't that long range understable slot pretty well covered already??

With the Mamba, Beast, and Vulcan, isn't that long range understable slot pretty well covered already??

Innova doesn't care about the 10% of disc golfers that are rated over 900 and don't need understable discs.

They care about the 90% of disc golfers who aren't rated 900 and are only casual golfers because that's where their profit is.

Innova doesn't care about the 10% of disc golfers that are rated over 900 and don't need understable discs.

They care about the 90% of disc golfers who aren't rated 900 and are only casual golfers because that's where their profit is.

I'm not saying it's not needed because it's understable, I'm saying it's not needed because in the last year or so they've already released two discs in that same region of the flight chart.

well, vulcan is 13 speed, mamba is 11 speed, beast isn't even similar stability ratings (V-4,2, M-5,1, B -2,2) So a speed 12 mamba/vulcan similar, prob does have a spot.

I've finally got my vulcan to start getting good flight paths, and that thing is awesome for LONG/LOW hyzer flips, LONG turnovers with a bit of fade at the end...so these discs have their use even for higher power players.

well, vulcan is 13 speed, mamba is 11 speed, beast isn't even similar stability ratings (V-4,2, M-5,1, B -2,2) So a speed 12 mamba/vulcan similar, prob does have a spot.

The difference between speed 11, 12, and 13 is not very significant. Certainly not significant enough for a casual player to care about.

Of course, marketing works. And if they say this is a disc for the casual player that will help them gain extra distance, they won't even care how similar it is to the other discs that were supposed to revolutionize their game and failed to deliver.

I'm not saying it's not needed because it's understable, I'm saying it's not needed because in the last year or so they've already released two discs in that same region of the flight chart.

what is innova going to do when they have discs for every speed/turn/fade combination?

i'm crossing my fingers for a line of premium discs.

a girl can dream.

Latest posts