• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Tern!

I just got my second Tern a week ago and have only thrown it a few times but it is interesting and fun. I love my first one, it is a 171 blue jolly launcher champ and that thing is super predictable. If I put a little anny on it it shapes some nice long s-curves and it was the first disc I could put around 350 consistently. I decided to get a lighter one to see how it would work and man is it under-stable, but will still hyper out left at the very end (granted I got a 163 in a sweet new purple jolly launcher plastic), but I still love the thing for hyzer-flips, I'm getting them out past 300 quite frequently. I'm pretty new in this sport (not even played a year yet) and I am definitely not a distance guy, yet, but the Tern(s) has been an awesome addition to the bag.

Definitely a good disc. I wasnt expecting this disc to be good at all but I got to say it is like a beat in destroyer. FLys just like the numbers say it will. Goes dang far and nice and straight. I threw a 167 proto star.

I threw a Tern for the first time yesterday. It was a 166 Champ and it flew very straight (powered down) for me and had perhaps the most glide I've ever seen in a fast driver. It was ridiculous and I almost aced a 340' hole on the one throw I had with it. It still felt a little too Mamba-esque in the hand (shallow and weird), but it did feel a little better than that disc. I was very impressed...

star_tern.jpg

:popcorn: Star Tern has more turn. :popcorn:

star_tern.jpg

:popcorn: Star Tern has more turn. :popcorn:

The Champion Tern has been a great addition to my bag. I bet the star plastic will be too. I will be looking to pick up a couple of each color. Hint Hint!! :popcorn:

whats the key to throwing this forehand? release flat, anny or hyzer? i have only had 3 throws with it so far and a hyzer forehand release just burns right.

also not sure if i had the nose down or flat.

never thrown one. i have a groove i cant throw so i dont see the point

Grooves are the most universally broken disc from what was intended, I think most will agree. Mine was the biggest meathook I've ever owned. I used it as such for a year and liked it once I ignored what it was supposed to do. Definitely not the disc you want to be judging your ability against, that's for sure. Not that any of this is should affect the point of a Tern! It's a disc down from the (intended) Groove anyways.

Last edited:
Let me first say that i didnt expect much from this disc, but it surprised me. Has a very nice flight and great glide. If you are looking for a flippy Destroyer this is the disc for you.

Let me first say that i didnt expect much from this disc, but it surprised me. Has a very nice flight and great glide. If you are looking for a flippy Destroyer this is the disc for you.

I agree. Mine isn't overly flippy, just right. Someone here said if you want a seasoned destroyer get a tern... Spot on

Really love my jolly launcher Tern. Super sweet S turns with it, my go to driver.. poor Destro barely gets taken out of the bag any more.

I just got home from work and found a package waiting for me. Can't wait to go out to Winthrop and try these tomorrow:

unrelated:
5qgB6In.gif

Latest posts