• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] The unLace

I only have around 300-320 power with my Lace, and generally only throw my unLace with a tailwind. With a decent tailwind, 10mph or so, it'll fly a lot like my Lace with less fade.

Can anyone verify this? I have a lace that I'd like to regain some stability. Figure I'd double check before I cooked it...

I microwave mine for 60 to 80 seconds, depending on the weight. Do NOT try this with plastic discs!

I throw my cannon/rampage/lace 380-400 the unlace is an odd finesse disc that doesn't like high velocity but likes high spin. I'll try cooking it to see if it can make more stable and become a hyzer flip turnover disc.

I microwave mine for 60 to 80 seconds, depending on the weight. Do NOT try this with plastic discs!
ILLEGAL!
vh92d3.jpg

J/k

Finally got around to throwing this thing
WOW, that's flippy.
It's just like trying to throw my DX 126 Valkyrie.

My lace went too flippy (in a weird way in that it would flip up to flat, go straight for a bit and just when it should be turning back it would flip againinstead) 30 seconds in the microwave and its back to newish. I now microwave it on the eve or tournaments.

It so is NOT illegal!

801.02 B - A disc which has been modified after production such that its original flight characteristics have been altered is illegal, excepting wear from usage during play and the moderate sanding of discs to smooth molding imperfections or scrapes. Discs excessively sanded or painted with a material of detectable thickness are illegal.

By microwaving it I am not modifying "its original flight characteristics" I am restoring "its original flight characteristics", as the rubber has a good shape memory and if warmed will revert to its original shape as it cools - just leaving it on a flat surface does the same thing, but more slowly.

Unlace wise I'm loving mine, I Drive forehand 90% of the time and am using it particularily downwind, but into a bit of wind, with a clean throw it will turn a lot, but still come out of it at the end (has to be a clean throw though!) and its a good roller as well.

How to Microwave Unlace

Hi. I think I recall somewhere that it's good to place the soft unlance flat in a large bowl, just covered with water, then microwave for some unstated period of time. This way, supposedly, the water provide a more even heat.

Has anyone heard of this? If so, and you've tried it, can you flesh out the missing elements in the above "recipe?"

Also, if microwaving works, can it also be dipped in a pot of boiling water for 20 seconds or so?

Thoughts?

This is one tough disc to dial in - when you get it just right, it bombs. If only it happened more than about once every 5 throws for me.

Worked for months for me. Now, I'm just looking for the microwave/boiling recipe. Anyone?

After microwaving, my Medium unLaces had too much stability for a proper turnover. I would have to throw them at the ground a couple of times to get them beat back in. I did not have the same issue with the Firm unLaces and they will hold their beat in sweet spot much longer. However, it would take longer to beat in to the sweet spot after a microwave restore.

I am in love with the unlace.

some things to mention about it.

Firm- super flippy. striaght roller out of the box. even on hyzer flip shots.
medium- more stable than a firm and will allow a hyzer flip with a late right turn.

easy distance for people with weak arms. I use it for a max d hyzer flip that fades to the right not the left.

I am in love with the unlace.

some things to mention about it.

Firm- super flippy. striaght roller out of the box. even on hyzer flip shots.
medium- more stable than a firm and will allow a hyzer flip with a late right turn.

easy distance for people with weak arms. I use it for a max d hyzer flip that fades to the right not the left.

how far?

170s is fine. I have a 166 that works for me, as well. Everyone has different power levels, and I use different grips and hyzer-angles. Lately, I've been throwing my 166 on LHBH for practice. Cheers! Great disc, easy distance.

For stand-still throws I haven't found a straighter and/or longer disc. It also works really well for shorter/mid-range type holes, where you need to shape an anhyzer-line around some obstacles.

Great for rollers, though rollers are inconsistent and hard to control at times.

This has been the ultimate feast or famine disc for me - one drive out of ten would be a new personal distance record, while the other nine would turn and burn. Mine sat on the "to be sold" pile for a long time. Squirrelly rubbish, or so I thought.

I finally figured this disc out today - despite its massive 2.4 cm rim, it wants to be thrown softly and on a big-ass hyzer, almost like a putter.

Suddenly I was getting ridculously long flights for the miniscule effort I was putting into the throws. Glide and then more, and more. I usually max out at 300, but these were going 320-30, and I was just throwing nice and easy.

I was able to string together enough nice throws with it that I'm gonna work it back into the bag.

Funny old game this disc golf

Latest posts