• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] The unLace

I have a firm 160s UnLace that is the flippiest thing I have ever thrown, and it's not even close. Hyzer like this: / turns to a roller. Fun disc, just not really useful. Heavier, medium ones I like though.

Send me your flippy rubbish, I can try my noodle arm on it. Probably the perfect combo. Lol

Mine is 166 medium. Strangest disc I've ever thrown, can't wait to see if this repeatable tomorrow.

Interesting....not sure I ever backed off of it much. Might be what I need to try next. My experience was like roggenb3's. Throw at an extreme hyzer angle and it will flip and roll forever. I am throwing a 162 softie....wondering what a heavier and lighter medium would do now. When I can make it go right, I get tons of distance with it. Problem is like you said....one out of ten works.

^yeah crazy US mold. I was a big fan of the lace but when Unlace came out it was hard to keep the damn thing in the air without rolling given any real max d driver power.

Aim, I'm now wondering if that is the problem...max D power. Its listed throwing speed is slower than the other max D drivers they have. I don't think I ever threw it any differently than the Lace....ever. At least not intentionally. And, just about every single time I got huge distance out of it, it was an "oops" throw, and not a roller. Maybe, just maybe, ... backing off of it is the key. I am willing to give it another shot. :thmbup:

The unlace is a finnicky disc. It does not take well to bring thrown hard. It responds well to a lot of spin... think "all wrist." I used to think it was virtually impossible to dial up more or less spin on a shot, but this mold taught me I could.

It also helps to throw it with a bit of nose up to put some air under it. When I get it right, it's a thing of beauty.

Last edited:
Aim, I'm now wondering if that is the problem...max D power. Its listed throwing speed is slower than the other max D drivers they have. I don't think I ever threw it any differently than the Lace....ever. At least not intentionally. And, just about every single time I got huge distance out of it, it was an "oops" throw, and not a roller. Maybe, just maybe, ... backing off of it is the key. I am willing to give it another shot. :thmbup:

Give it a whirl - took the Unlace out for a round to confirm yesterday's results, and when you throw at half to two thirds power on a hyzer, it just flies long and straight. I didn't turn over a single shot today, made a great 300' tunnel shot(by my standards), and because you aren't ripping hard on it, it's easy to control.

Gave it a whirl the other day. It was almost 50/50, but it worked well enough I could see it was possible. Its very touchy, but that may be because I am using a softy. Had one shot that hyzered out so hard I wondered if I had thrown a Trident or something. :doh: I also had a couple with the traditional turn and burn associated with the Unlace. Several shots, however, went straight and easy with the reduced power. Might be a bit easier to control if I get me a mid 160's medium to try. The floppy nature of the softy can lend itself to bad shots if the disc flexes too much .... which tends to happen when thrown on an extreme slant.

Latest posts