• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] The unLace

MrDarkHorse

Eagle Member
http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/unlace.html

It's already been mentioned in the Vibram thread, but I wanted to start an official thread to talk about this new disc so that people can start talking about the production run as they start coming in.

Don't know if the're changing anything from the prototype, but this is the disc based on the 419. Extremely understable high speed driver.

My brother has one of the 419s and you can definitely crush it with a hyzer flip.

Be interesting to see if this is anywhere near as popular as the Lace.

I'm really curious to see how close this is to the 419. I max out at 325'-ish, so I never touch distance drivers, but I couldn't believe how easily the 419 flew for me. It turned more consistently than the Underworld. Didn't get a chance to rip it, so I don't know if I can throw it farther than the Underworld, but I'd be curious to find out.

I'll probably wait to hear the initial reports before I snag one, but if it sounds close to the 419, I'll probably try one out. I'd love to see how a 150 class unLace flies for me.

I loved my super understable Player's Cup Lace that I lost on the Toboggan Course this year, so this is exciting!

they made an even flippier Lace? why?

Love my proto r419b (unLace). But at 163g it's a little finicky if there's any wind. Can't wait to pick up a 175Gg production run!

As far as why they made a flippier Lace, this now (assuming the tweaked O-Lace is more Force-like as predicted) gives Vibram a distance driver that's very controllable for every type of player. The unLace for noodle arms (~300' or less), the Lace for the moderate thrower (300'-~400'), and the O-Lace for Cannon arms (400-450+).

Last edited:
Brodysseus: did you get yours for winning a Birdie Bash? I'm interested to see if those guys have gotten their testers yet

I have an unLace. It's called a Firm Lace. :p

BRING ON THE O-LACE!!!

Interesting. I find my M Lace as easy as any driver I have to turn, yet a friends F Lace I've messed with is actually stable. In my hands I'd call my 163M a 13/6/-4/1.5 and his 174F 13/5/-1/2.5.

Seems like consistency with F may be an issue?

Brodysseus: did you get yours for winning a Birdie Bash? I'm interested to see if those guys have gotten their testers yet

I'm pretty sure they have. Our local Birdie Bash tester got his probably a month to six weeks ago.

I would like to see this disc. Been meaning to try out a non putter Vibram disc.!

I love my Trak and Accent however I find the rim of the Lace a bit of a problem getting my index finger in a good position. It's a hair too wide for me. Anyone else find this to be true?

Interesting. I find my M Lace as easy as any driver I have to turn, yet a friends F Lace I've messed with is actually stable. In my hands I'd call my 163M a 13/6/-4/1.5 and his 174F 13/5/-1/2.5.

Seems like consistency with F may be an issue?

This sounds more like weight being an issue than inconsistency.

Latest posts