• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Valkyrie, a discussion.........

I love Valk's! Have a glow champ, champ, star and a DX. I always carry one, or two.

My Pro Valk turns a bit more than I thought it would, but I like it. Definitely goes. Might just need to get a champ to compliment it. Or I may just need to play with it more, I've been having some wrist roll issues lately.

My Pro Valk turns a bit more than I thought it would, but I like it. Definitely goes. Might just need to get a champ to compliment it. Or I may just need to play with it more, I've been having some wrist roll issues lately.

How far are you throwing it?

Beats me. But it's going farther than any of my other drivers did on that one open hole.

I can't seem to magically know how far my dics go like some people can.

True story.

One hole at my course is a beat Valk line and, since I didn't have one, I was using a CE QJLS on it and pumping a little extra into it. The trees on this hole are disc eaters but I didn't have much choice but to risk my CE baby for a park job.

One day I show up at this hole and there's a guy selling dozens of discs fished out of the water including 6 beat Valks. I literally threw all 6 off the tee pad before selecting the one with the exact amount of turn I was looking for.

Talk about customer-centric LOL

So I got a G Star Valk for christmas. The plh seems the same as my pro, but the wing looks different. The pro's nose is blunter, and the Gstar is more OS. Is that weird?

Picked up a sweet taffy plastic JK Pro Valkyrie on auction for $12. Thing is flat top and the rim is in 8/10 condition. This is a summer disc though. Won't risk breaking it this winter.

I can't seem to magically know how far my dics go like some people can.

Go to a football or a soccer field or anything that you can measure the length off on google.

At worst counting steps to your disc is a rough guessitimate.

"magic" :hfive:

Well adding another sweet 4x JK Pro Valkyrie to my collection. That makes 3 jk pro, 3 5x jk champs, one pfn, one Christian Sandstrom pfn star. With these discs, I have everything from Viking stable to roadrunner under stable. Perfect set of control drivers. Just need a thunderbird to go between my Valkyrie and firebird slot.

Well adding another sweet 4x JK Pro Valkyrie to my collection. That makes 3 jk pro, 3 5x jk champs, one pfn, one Christian Sandstrom pfn star. With these discs, I have everything from Viking stable to roadrunner under stable. Perfect set of control drivers. Just need a thunderbird to go between my Valkyrie and firebird slot.

i used to have that stability range covered with sidewinders.

then lost my whole stash of 8 in a month, after not losing any all summer. had to buy in bulk from the factory store. nice to see the valk can do that too.

The viking was originally supposed to be the valkyrie-x mold

Is the champ valk these days JL plastic? How do people like the current run? I'm looking for something to pair with a pro valk if I decide to retool my drivers.

Recently got a star and a champ Valk. I was trying to find a disc that fits between a champ SW and a Flow. The star Valk is working out. Also been trying an opto Saint for that spot but it doesn't do as well in mild headwinds. The Saint is a good disc, maybe not as forgiving as the Valk.

The champ Valk I have is beefy and flies like an Eagle X. Anybody bag a champ Valk and a champ Eagle?

The champ Valk I have is beefy and flies like an Eagle X. Anybody bag a champ Valk and a champ Eagle?

I do too. My Glow Champ Valk is my beefiest one, but it hooks up nothing like my Eagle "X" though. Love them both.

Funny though, my DX valk flew very similar to my Eagle in the beginning. Thought it might have been miss marked or I got a freak disc. It didn't hold that stability very long though.

I also throw an EagleX as my fairway with a Valkyrie as my distance driver. But I kinda like my Valks a bit flippy and I use DX instead of Champion. DX rules!

I rock dx eagles, olf's and valks with a tsunami thrown in for beef. As far as valks go I carry a champ glow for an os valk a champ for neutral valks and a pro for us.

These things have been ALL OVER THE PLACE IN STABILITY. I currently have 3, all champ:
Jolly Launcher 171g - Fresh PPD, maybe a tick more stable even.
F2 175g - Been using it as my primary FH driver.
iDye 171g - Oh man this one flies like a Valk should, hyzerflips right out of the box! Naturally, I lost it yesterday in the snow..

I ditched Star Valks after the random +molds started showing up.

It's hard to beat a good Valk, but it's so hard to get a good Valk.

throwing a bag swap yesterday i can see how these things set the D record. put a 168g champ out to about 430 at the driving range hole yesterday, it was fun to watch.

it was my first ever throw with a valk and frankly i could see how people would use these instead of regs distance drivers.

An old reliable mold, nothing new or fancy, but they fly pretty sweet. Love them in star plastic. Just bought another one, 170gr pink star.