• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] The Worst Color Discs in your Bag

armiller

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Recent threads on good colors for discs made me think of this. This is for the discs you're ashamed you bag, not because of the mold, how they fly, or how you use them on the course. You're ashamed because you know you're breaking disc golf etiquette simply because there's a chance you would have to ask card mates to help you find it in the event it goes awry.

My confession is this Z fly-dye camo-Comet. Problem 1: I bought it on Amazon... Problem 2: it flies great, and I use it on a lot of wooded holes where the terrible mix of dark red and light green provides perfect camouflage. It remains my number one Comet, and will remain in the bag while I still have it.

attachment.php

What are the worst color combos in your bag?

Attachments

• 20190727_194941.jpg
    20190727_194941.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 354
The tye dye discs are some of the worst. I remember finding so many years ago. Beasts and orcs I think.

Yes, I have a sense this will turn into a tyedye hate thread. There are definitely some bad colors out there, dyed or not, but some of them fly really well.

I've never bought a tye dye disc. And that's because it would be hard to find.

Every disc in my core bag is either a very bright color or an "unnatural" color (i.e. blue, pink, etc., not "natural" like earth tones). I no longer carry anything in dark red, burnt orange, dull orange, etc.

They deserve the hate.

Some of the swirly star discs are baby diaper colors

Flag-dyed CryZtal Zone. The red and blue are quite dull on anything but grass, and the disc itself is clear. It's a good thing I can't throw it very far.

I have dark dried blood colored star Eagle. Love the disc, so I bought a back up when I eventually lose it. That was 5 years ago and I still have it bagged!

Other than dyed, definitely purple. Would have thought it was good but I had a purple Buzzz and still have a purple Archon, Buzzz disappeared in an 8' deep thorn patch in Washington, and before I pulled the archon because it is just too fast for my noodle arm I spent way too much time looking for it.

I bag from time to time a Green Ti Wasp. Those of you who have them now exactoy what I mean.

A Champion Destroyer 170 grams that was supposed to be I-Dye but has just a line colored red and another red line opposite meeting in the middle with the rest if the disc in natural non see though Champion plastic un-dyed color. I should have lost that OS disc long ago but I always find it. Also a Banana Yellow Valkyrie with a gold 2009 Ice bowl stamp that gets almost lost every time it is thrown into tan grass. Also have a Putter Prostyle #2 Upshot that is only found thanks to the red-orange center on a dark blue Fly-Dyed disc.

Worst I ever saw was a Black/Charcoal Lightning Hook Shot he had that was with the DuPont Flecks in it. My dad lost that disc as soon as he had it, found it a week later and lost it again later. That was fine because he only used the mold for forehand as that was until the Drone came out the one of the most OS midrange I had seen.

Last edited:
Clear blue champion Feldberg Boss. Great flying disc, but clear blue seems to be a tough color to locate in the weeds. I haven't lost the disc, but have spent lots of time looking for it.

Clear anything isn't really my preference. I like bright, opaque discs.

If you think that's bad, you should've seen the color selections for Opto when Lat first hit the scene.

Clear was all the rage in that period, Discraft had that as a color choice too. I lost a Clear Z XL from the tournament due to the color but I had a lime Yellow Z XL about same weight in my bag at the time too so I was fine. That was also one of the worst color choices in the 2000's.

I have mainly bright discs. Pink and Orange feature heavily in my bag, but I do have this one swirly RTP Stag that is purple/grey and basically the color of a shadow. If it didn't have an obnoxious rainbow stamp I'd have lost it 20 times by now.

All swirly discs. I only have one right now since I lost the other CD2 on Friday. A mental cringe every time when cardmates go "so what color are we looking for?" and I have to say "well its this light beige cream colored thing really...."

My latest ZEUS is really bad. . it disappear in the tall grass ( it´s more green than in the pic )

attachment.php

Attachments

• zeus.jpg
    zeus.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 247
My purple champ roc3, and the bright (non flourescent) green champ eagle. Both amazing discs. But, without a wash with some acrylic paint to make them pop, and stand out a bit. They were practically invisible to the eye until I was standing right in front of them.

I love my tye dye discs! On the other hand, unless there is deep water involved, I don't throw far enough to lose them. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an orange Ion that is pretty easy to find most of the time but as soon as the leaves change color it is almost impossible to find. I have literally walked right over it multiple times before finally seeing it.