• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thickest clusters of courses in an area of a town?

Bowling Green Kentucky has about 10 quality courses all within their outerbelt which is not that big. I was down there for bg am championships last year and I guess their mayor or parks director is a big supporter of disc golf so courses continue to be put in. It is not a huge town so the course to population ratio is pretty good. Cincinnatti, OH also is pretty dense, especially just north of the City.

Guys, this is not another 'most courses in one city' thread. Its DENSITY of courses. Los Angeles has a ton of courses but they are all spread out. I think the OP is asking what areas have DG courses that you can literally walk between? Or near...anyways.... more along those lines.

Yes, Danger, that's what I was going for. Thanks.

Bowling Green Kentucky has about 10 quality courses all within their outerbelt which is not that big. I was down there for bg am championships last year and I guess their mayor or parks director is a big supporter of disc golf so courses continue to be put in. It is not a huge town so the course to population ratio is pretty good. Cincinnatti, OH also is pretty dense, especially just north of the City.

Great area! I just mapped it. If you live at the corner of High street and 13th Avenue, you are within 3 miles of 7 courses, most of them around 2 miles away.

Jealous!!

the quad cities (iowa/ill) has a bunch of quality courses. You never have to drive more than 20 min to get to a new one.

32022_128454243833329_112220852123335_349162_5104993_n.jpg

Booya.

Reedy seems to want to walk. :) Unicycle may also be a choice....

Yes, Tallpaul! I'm talkin' walkin'! While it's nice to get any responses, it'd be nice to get a few more that fit my original criteria. People are so used to thinking of the best towns or metropolitan areas, and that's great. But that's not really what I was asking. I wish more people thought in terms of neighborhood walkability. I can think of nothing better than being able to walk to 2 or 3 different courses on my days off!!

From my original post:

"Who knows of an area of a town where there seems to be Disc Golf on every corner?"

But I think some folks are making the easy mistake of reading it as "Who knows of an area OR a town...."

Latest posts