• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Things need to change for the better of disc golf

I mean not just a bunch of videos made by pdga or stuff i mean original stuff we make as a channel like reviews,interviews,tournament recaps and coverage,livestream coverage in future,giveaways and contests,tips and tricks,in the bags, weekly disc golf news videos,a weekly podcast or livestream where we interact with fans and disc golfers.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDXKTi27ynfjoci7SvnMc0midxWiVBZf8 a disc golf video playlist with all the best stuff. You mean like this one?

Good idea but it would take a ton of time and money to travel the US and film events. I hope someday it makes it to TV then the sport would really take off. More prize money, more players, more and better courses, etc.

So I was thinking there needs to be better coverage of tournaments in quality and entertainment and need to have a youtube channel made for disc golf with interviews,tournament recaps,montages,contests,giveaways,weekly disc golf news and much more an livestream at tournaments in future who is with me who wants to help and make this happen?

Great idea! Get to work!

you secure the funds and we'll make it happen.

just let us know when the kickstarter makes its goal.

Do any of you all have a name suggestion for this disc golf youtube channel and more? I was thinking The Line TV or Direct Disc Golf or Disc Golf Direct. Anymore suggestions?

Do any of you all have a name suggestion for this disc golf youtube channel and more? I was thinking The Line TV or Direct Disc Golf or Disc Golf Direct. Anymore suggestions?

SpinTV...oh wait...nevermind.

Disc golf will make for boring television, no matter how high quality the production quality.

I'm fuming right now. That's about all I can say without being banned.

Edit: Seriously; if we ever meet in person, don't tell me your dgcr name.

I do a lot of dreaming about What If I won the lottery. Since I've become addicted to Disc Golf, one line of thinking would be to try to help the sport. The way I'd probably do it would be to start a non-profit that incubated startup companies, and help fund other organizations promoting the sport. The kind of goals I could imagine trying to achieve along these lines are:

1) Uniting the disparate Disc Golf video companies under a larger banner. This would probably be a big money sink at first, but the goal would eventually to find ways to profit. Go look at the 2013 Tourney Videos thread in the Tournaments section of this forum, or the Disc Golf Media Facebook group and you can see the type of folks I'm talking about. Lots of talent and energy there. The first goal would be to achieve "ESPN level" coverage of some National Tour events.

2) Unite the software developers currently making all kinds of different Disc Golf scoring apps and build one that works great and has all the cool features, including cloud based storage and analysis tools.

3) Build a Pay-to-Play Disc Golf course designed specifically for large scale viewing of events. A Championship level Course that is a DG Stadium/Store/Training facility/Fun Center(think Mini Golf course with arcade)/Site of many future Major Tournaments. Lots of ideas about this out there, but ideally I would like two courses, one pay to play with a dedicated, paid maintenance, the other free to play. Final holes of the pay to play would have bleacher seating, etc.

4) Invest in Environmental responsibility. Disc Golf courses are coming under fire for not being Green enough. Clubs work their tails off keeping up their courses, but somehow Disc golf needs to show how much we care about the places we play at. So the idea would be to invest in the Clubs, but with the caveat that the money needs to be used to Shepard the Land, so to speak. Perhaps for every acre used as part of the fairways on the course, set aside an acre that is left alone and not developed, or plant new trees in that space to replace ones damaged on the course. Obviously, this is a rough idea, but one that could be critical.

5) Invest in Pros. This is too hard for me to understand to be honest. But ideally a top 25 player would be able to make a great living in Disc Golf as a Pro. Achieving that in a economically lucrative way escapes me.

6) Invest in tournament coordinators. Dunno how to do this, but a lot of people are doing this very demanding job for free out of love for the game. They could use some help.

7) Invest in Course maintenance and clubs.

There is a big problem with any development of Disc Golf: a lot of people like it just the way it is. I'm not really even sure I'd like it if Disc Golf became mainstream. I might have to pay to play, or couldn't get on a course that wasn't packed.

lets do it,i agree with everything you said,lets call it Prestige Worldwide,The first word in entertainment,Management,Financial portfolios,Insurance,Computers,Black leather gloves,Research and development,Putting in the man-hours to study the science of what you need,Last week we put Liquid Paper on a bee,and it died,Security,and Possibly you.

lets do it,i agree with everything you said,lets call it Prestige Worldwide,The first word in entertainment,Management,Financial portfolios,Insurance,Computers,Black leather gloves,Research and development,Putting in the man-hours to study the science of what you need,Last week we put Liquid Paper on a bee,and it died,Security,and Possibly you.

Where's the like button?

We just need to win some Powerball jackpots first!

There is a big problem with any development of Disc Golf: a lot of people like it just the way it is. I'm not really even sure I'd like it if Disc Golf became mainstream. I might have to pay to play, or couldn't get on a course that wasn't packed.

"a lot of people" can go to the park and get faded while throwing discs at trees.

Please learn how to hit the space bar! If you throw like you write, I'll take cover 100' behind the teebox.

We can't compete with combat juggling, so why bother?

Latest posts