• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thoughts on Resellers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I thought. No source, just pulling $hit out of your azz. Got it.

I just told you how to figure out the information for yourself.

Not my problem you're too stupid to figure out how to use a phone or email.

Of course....by "people", you mean you. I am again, confident, that folks making money flipping discs, would not be benefited by purchase limits.

In spite of your use of emphatic assertion to add perceived strength to your statement, no...it doesn't affect me significantly. I have way more discs than I need and ill admit there is a minor irritation, but I can go without more sexybirds. I think there was a miscommunication of sorts though. I dont think that resellers are benefitted from purchase limits, I think the average disc buying individual is benefitted from purchase limits. That is why I am in favor of them. I think Innova, for example, is showing a lack of concern for the single or double disc consumer in favor of large orders. I interpret this to mean that their devotion to profit is greater than their concern for the average disc golf purchaser. Let's be honest here for a moment...Innova is going to sell out of sexybirds in a matter minutes whether they sell them in single disc orders or bulk. So what is the difference? Its less work for them for the same exact amount of money. It is in their business interest to sell in bulk. I am not sure how to perceive this in another way that doesn't appear as greed but I am willing to listen. To be clear I want lower purchase limits and want the flipper of discs to be out of a spot in the supply chain.

tenor.gif

totally off topic but...

are XL's back or it was just a SE run for Ledgestone?

I dunno for sure, but I don't think the XL is back in production on a regular basis. I'm guessing that was just a special Ledgestone deal.

If you're having trouble finding XL's I could see what I got. Pretty sure I got a misprint, plus that Ledgestone, never thrown, maybe one more.

I've talked to a local retailer and they have been continuously saying they simply don't have discs in stock to purchase wholesale. I think the companies are of course making as much as they can. They are simply prioritizing certain molds at this point and others simply will have to wait. With disc sales exploding the last couple years the manufacturers still haven't caught up.

So lack of supply and too much demand = higher prices.

Boom! Nailed it with that one.

Why should you be expected to provide evidence of your assertion when Hampstead is here ? I'm sure Innova is awaiting his call.

We've talked about plastic molding process before. They operate best when they run 24/7.

The manufacturers are producing what they can with available resources.

They need to see if they can get on some rich Corinthian blend plastic.

In spite of your use of emphatic assertion to add perceived strength to your statement, no...it doesn't affect me significantly. I have way more discs than I need and ill admit there is a minor irritation, but I can go without more sexybirds. I think there was a miscommunication of sorts though. I dont think that resellers are benefitted from purchase limits, I think the average disc buying individual is benefitted from purchase limits. That is why I am in favor of them. I think Innova, for example, is showing a lack of concern for the single or double disc consumer in favor of large orders. I interpret this to mean that their devotion to profit is greater than their concern for the average disc golf purchaser. Let's be honest here for a moment...Innova is going to sell out of sexybirds in a matter minutes whether they sell them in single disc orders or bulk. So what is the difference? Its less work for them for the same exact amount of money. It is in their business interest to sell in bulk. I am not sure how to perceive this in another way that doesn't appear as greed but I am willing to listen. To be clear I want lower purchase limits and want the flipper of discs to be out of a spot in the supply chain.

I assert that flippers are average disc buying individuals. I also assert that there is little difference between the brick and mortar store guy, charging high prices for rarer discs and the guy buy several on line and selling them at high prices.

You seem to want a debate, I was only trying to guide you to seeing the hypocrisy of your selective, free market angle. If you would like to declare some sort of victory, have at it. :thmbup:

I dunno for sure, but I don't think the XL is back in production on a regular basis. I'm guessing that was just a special Ledgestone deal.

If you're having trouble finding XL's I could see what I got. Pretty sure I got a misprint, plus that Ledgestone, never thrown, maybe one more.

i appreciate the offer but i really have no business putting another OOP disc in my bag. i used to love elite X XLs. i had three matching ones in the low 160s and they were the perfect effortless turnover fairway for me. eventually lost them all. i still have a bunch of Leos to use in that slot but they take a lot longer to get to the perfect seasoned spot for my arm (proline plastic, amazing feel but a bit more stable).

i appreciate the offer but i really have no business putting another OOP disc in my bag. i used to love elite X XLs. i had three matching ones in the low 160s and they were the perfect effortless turnover fairway for me. eventually lost them all. i still have a bunch of Leos to use in that slot but they take a lot longer to get to the perfect seasoned spot for my arm (proline plastic, amazing feel but a bit more stable).

I could not agree more. Elite X XL's changed my disc golf world.

I personally love the "middle man" seller... it creates a demand for a otherwise basic product.. gives someone a chance to have something unique/rare that the other disc golfer may not have.

It's like the shoe game. Sexton Firebirds are the yeezys of discs... and at the end of the day there are plenty of discs that fly like a firebird AND you can buy a cheaper firebird...duh

Just like a Yeezy is just a shoe...plenty of those to buy.

Getting mad at people flipping a limited released product is entirely a "YOU" problem. It can be frustrating but should not be regulated. Why would a manufacturer limit sales of their own product? What guarantee do they have it will sell out? If there were NS firebirds for every man/woman/child, how bad would you want one?

If you want a certain disc bad enough...figure it out...or move on.

Excellent marketing by Innova and Nate Sexton...everybody gets hype each year for the release of this disc ...precisely because of the limited release and ppl flipping them for high prices.

Last edited:
For the record, I have zero problem with a manufacturer putting a limit on how many can be purchased because that is their right in a free market society.

Resellers get to pick only the biggest, ripest fruit. The manufacturers have to care for the whole tree, otherwise those nice juicy plums won't exist to be plucked.

The manufacturers are trying to grow their overall revenue, not maximize Firebird/Halo Destroyer, etc. profitability. And they need to do it in a way that maximizes the possibility that revenue will continue to grow over the long haul. Could they charge $100 per Nate Sexton Firebird and sell them all? Maybe. Would that be the best move for them? Unlikely. It would most likely be a long remembered negative for their reputation, and earning 5x more Sexy Bird revenue for 2021 isn't worth that.

And thus you have a big gap between the retail price and the market price. Resellers are then inevitable, no matter how hard you try to prevent it. The complaint in the OP basically just amounts to "how do you prevent the inevitable?"

Read my original post. I said from what I heard. Meaning I've seen others say things on other forums and on Reddit, etc. I never claimed to have heard this straight from the King of Disc Golf himself.

I get that you're an old, angry person who'd change his attitude real quick if we had this convo in person but reading comprehension is something you should've picked up on in the 2-3 years you attended elementary school.

By the way, Larry Bird sucks.

MJ > LB :D

I assert that flippers are average disc buying individuals. I also assert that there is little difference between the brick and mortar store guy, charging high prices for rarer discs and the guy buy several on line and selling them at high prices.

You seem to want a debate, I was only trying to guide you to seeing the hypocrisy of your selective, free market angle. If you would like to declare some sort of victory, have at it. :thmbup:

I perceive tis you who wanted the debate based on your assertions about my thoughts and interpretations about the OP. You are the challenger to my statements sir and took issue, that is starting the debate. I was responding to your challenge, which really was a challenge to something I didn't attest. I decline your allowance of my declaring victory and instead claim it through meritorious virtue. =)

Gather your legions of tens of tens of adherents and storm the capital building sir!

For the record, I'm not even angry or bitter at resellers.

These are hard times and people gotta do what they gotta do to make a little extra dough to provide for their dogs, cats, themselves, whatever. I will say that it does suck to have to pay an extra $10-20 on a disc but I guess if you really want something, you'll shell out the extra money for it. I posted this thread simply to see what people thought about it and was hoping it wouldn't turn into a flame-fest.

Read my original post. I said from what I heard. Meaning I've seen others say things on other forums and on Reddit, etc. I never claimed to have heard this straight from the King of Disc Golf himself.

I get that you're an old, angry person who'd change his attitude real quick if we had this convo in person but reading comprehension is something you should've picked up on in the 2-3 years you attended elementary school.

Say it loud, say it often, attack the truth with fervor....I think we saw this tactic play out in politics recently....the guilded knights of DGCR will not be challenged and tolerant of those whom they disagree with. DGCR knights will not stand for dissent and opposition!

I 100% will not change what I have said if we were standing eye to eye. Believe that. I will call out your bull$hit every time, pal.

"What I heard"

LULZ!

I 100% will not change what I have said if we were standing eye to eye. Believe that. I will call out your bull$hit every time, pal.

"What I heard"

LULZ!

Right. Well, feel free to hit my DM and we can have this discussion in person. Make sure to bring all your really expensive and fancy discs too. And some money.. oh, and beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.