• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Thrasher

Just a matter of time before they release a Flash top with a Thrasher bottom and call it "the Flasher..."
*wishes to hell they followed up the Predator and Stalker with the Molester*

Maybe the DD Marshall will come after them for Justice, so the Molester will have to hire a Defender in order to seek Freedom.

That's just a great name for a disc.
Need to make a complement called the Mosh to complete the Headbangers.
I keep having hope for a super slow putter, call it the Creeper
With a Rondo Hatton The Brute Man stamp?! Hell yes, I would buy the chit out of that. You'll have to watch this on mystery science theater 3000 to understand this reference but you will laugh your ass off, I assure you.

rondo-hatton.jpg

The Big Z stamp on the Roach creeps me out a bit.
Ha ha, I bought one b/c the stamp alone makes me chuckle.

Flash

Was the Flash not selling anymore? I'm surprised Discraft would scrap it. For a speed 10 driver it will achieve some damn good distance.

I haven't thrown a flash in a while, but I still have fondness for them. I was always able to get them out further than Orcs back when they were the two fastest/longest drivers out.

Was the Flash not selling anymore? I'm surprised Discraft would scrap it. For a speed 10 driver it will achieve some damn good distance.

I haven't thrown a flash in a while, but I still have fondness for them. I was always able to get them out further than Orcs back when they were the two fastest/longest drivers out.

Yeah I am surprise that the flash is going away. However if this thread is any indication there are a whole lot of people who used to throw the flash, and not a lot of people currently throwing the flash. my experience was that they were incosistant and so I am in the used to throw the flash group. I had a couple clear misprint though that bombed.

If this is the Am Worlds Prototype driver (which im pretty sure it is) I did a very complete review on it. Search this thread DISCS -> Am Worlds 2016 Prototype Driver. I have one, it is nice. I think itll be a great disc

So I got out to the field yesterday to do some work with my drivers. I tested this Driver on several different shot types in all angles of wind and here is my report:

The disc is definitely smooth. I would rate it overall as Speed:11 Glide:5 Initial HighSpeedStability: -1 CruisingStability:-0.5 LowSpeedStability: 2 . In Innova flight #'s I'd say: 11/5/-2/1 Discraft: 1.0

It was a solid feel, fairly wide diameter disc, moderate wide rim (similar to a Trespass but not as fast/pointy edge)

The Flight would take a small and smooth turn for the first 50% of the flight but nothing overly flippy then held straight and began a fade (hyzer) back to center with a moderate finish with the disc shape allowing for some skip.

It held decent into a headwind of about 8-12mph, the disc did turn more especially with added power. Still not overly turning into the ground but rather a Left to Right flight (RHBH) and still a hyzer finish, End placement approx 330ft slight right of center (into this headwind)

Into a tailwind of the same degree it would fly very straight and have a more pronounced hyzer. Overall straight finish or Left of center.

Handled Anhyzers well, took a beautiful flight

Smooth Hyzers, still finished hyzer fairly strong, but not overly stable-OS,

I think this disc can be a hit, its not super wide rimmed, its easy to hold and control, great flight. This disc was a 174g firm Z plastic.
I could see the Big Z blend being great, ESP may get a lil understable at times, but thats not a bad thing.
This is NOT an overly Flippy disc. Rather, High speed straight to understable, with a straighter-hyzer finish. I would say it is a Faster/Glidier Innova Sidewinder, and thats pretty sweet I think

Last edited:
So I got out to the field yesterday to do some work with my drivers. I tested this Driver on several different shot types in all angles of wind and here is my report:

The disc is definitely smooth. I would rate it overall as Speed:11 Glide:5 Initial HighSpeedStability: -1 CruisingStability:-0.5 LowSpeedStability: 2 . In Innova flight #'s I'd say: 11/5/-2/1 Discraft: 1.0

It was a solid feel, fairly wide diameter disc, moderate wide rim (similar to a Trespass but not as fast/pointy edge)

The Flight would take a small and smooth turn for the first 50% of the flight but nothing overly flippy then held straight and began a fade (hyzer) back to center with a moderate finish with the disc shape allowing for some skip.

It held decent into a headwind of about 8-12mph, the disc did turn more especially with added power. Still not overly turning into the ground but rather a Left to Right flight (RHBH) and still a hyzer finish, End placement approx 330ft slight right of center (into this headwind)

Into a tailwind of the same degree it would fly very straight and have a more pronounced hyzer. Overall straight finish or Left of center.

Handled Anhyzers well, took a beautiful flight

Smooth Hyzers, still finished hyzer fairly strong, but not overly stable-OS,

I think this disc can be a hit, its not super wide rimmed, its easy to hold and control, great flight. This disc was a 174g firm Z plastic.
I could see the Big Z blend being great, ESP may get a lil understable at times, but thats not a bad thing.
This is NOT an overly Flippy disc. Rather, High speed straight to understable, with a straighter-hyzer finish. I would say it is a Faster/Glidier Innova Sidewinder, and thats pretty sweet I think

And they thought the Flash wasn't stable enough?

...actually sounds pretty tasty.

I used to throw a Flash. this isn't like a Flash in my opinion, i mean, it IS, but more in flight than feel. It seems wider than a Flash, its more Trespass-like than enything. But just not as sharp as the Trespass, I'd really expect it to be Speed 11, glide 5 for sure, it has glide. Mild turn, Mild finish, not a Laser straight disc with power because it will shape. But overall its a smooth tight S shape. Power throwers will say 'its understable" Avg throwers will say its an S shaper and low power throwers may find its a lil too wide rim and will hook left often.

11/5/-1/2 or 11/5/-2/1 Depending on your power and release

I've seen some images of this and Discraft has this pegged as a "0.4"

Sunking calls it a wide rimmed Heat.

An eBay seller has a buy it now for $100. Good luck with that buddy.

ban_16thrasher01.jpg

Sorry about the size. Not sure if everyone has seen this. Took me almost 200 page views just now, so the ad banner would refresh to it.

"Huge distance for slower arms" usually means pretty understable.

It looks like it has a very Tern-like profile but hopefully a tick slower & easier to control.