• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Throwing to the right, right.

it sounds like to me theyre talking about throwing more of an s-turn , throwing from your chest at that low angle your going to have a hard time throwing anny that wont come back and you wont be able to get alot of spin without slamming into the ground .

now if you raise your arm up higher youll be able to throw a shot that will truely look like a hyzer in reverse or anti-hyzer(anhyzer for short) and youll be able to put all the spin you can muster on it makeing your righthand shot mimic what a left hander or sidearmer can do.

Well said. Additionally, as was said earlier the FH and BH anhyzer shots are good for different types of situations. An anhyzer shot is great for shots where you need it to start turning immediately while a FH shot is best for a gradual right turn or a right fade at then end of the fairway.

The bending at the hip idea sounds interesting. I actually use this for shorter hyzers but I couldn't fathom how to incorporate a run-up into that technique -much less, throwing anhyzer.

Maybe I should have also mentioned that I can throw a little over 300' feet and am developing my accuracy some. I guess I'm one of those people who became obsessed with increasing their distance above all else to improve their game. Now I'm one of those people who can testify that this alone will only take a few strokes off your game; there really are no shortcuts in disc golf.

I was once told of another technique for throwing anhyzers that hasn't been mentioned on here but I'm having some real difficulty in trying to describe it. Basically (and I mean that) you face your back towards where you want to throw and pull your arm up over your shoulder. When the disc leaves your hand your throwing-arm looks something like it's in the position of a fully extended jumping jack but pulled backwards to about as far as your arm can go. I was surprised at the power I could generate doing this but I found it to be initially inaccurate and it doesn't really allow for a follow through unless you break your stance so it could be painful. Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about here?

The bending at the hip idea sounds interesting. I actually use this for shorter hyzers but I couldn't fathom how to incorporate a run-up into that technique -much less, throwing anhyzer.

Maybe I should have also mentioned that I can throw a little over 300' feet and am developing my accuracy some. I guess I'm one of those people who became obsessed with increasing their distance above all else to improve their game. Now I'm one of those people who can testify that this alone will only take a few strokes off your game; there really are no shortcuts in disc golf.

I was once told of another technique for throwing anhyzers that hasn't been mentioned on here but I'm having some real difficulty in trying to describe it. Basically (and I mean that) you face your back towards where you want to throw and pull your arm up over your shoulder. When the disc leaves your hand your throwing-arm looks something like it's in the position of a fully extended jumping jack but pulled backwards to about as far as your arm can go. I was surprised at the power I could generate doing this but I found it to be initially inaccurate and it doesn't really allow for a follow through unless you break your stance so it could be painful. Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about here?
thats what i was trying to descibe earlier , thats the way i throw my rainbow annys now i dont turn all the around but i guess part of my back is facing the basket. i was havin trouble thinking of how to describe it as well since im the only one i know of that does it and its kinda hard to watch yourself throw but i think you did an excelent job good work:]

Last edited:
I am a RHBH thrower, and I use a Star Roadrunner 166 for my long anny shots , and it works great. I would suggest staring off with lighter weight understable discs because those are easier to make anny. Also, if you can get a beat DX Stingray, those are so understable , if you have them in your car, you will have a tough time making left turns.

Latest posts