• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Ti wasp ~

I guess the trees in Cincinnati are a little less respectful to my plastic than the TN and LA trees are to yours. It's not R-Pro Boss bad, but I was surprised since my pearlies took a lot more of a beating before they showed anything other than scratches.

I have also been questioned for stating that Lat plastic isn't as bulletproof as everyone claims. I have an Opto River that has a crease in its flightplate that looks like a nasty car door ding, not to mention most of the Strikers I have owned and thrown that have rim gashes. Yet everyone complained about how flimsy the new G9i Wizards are, and mine are still in great shape.

After " a few rounds" ? What do you consider a few? 100? I have yet to dent mine and I use it every darn round.
Seven Oaks,Nashville is nothing but trees and I have hit dozens of them and no such gashes.
You must have a cannon like arm:) .and I am far from being a small fella.

Maybe ten rounds at the most, and I do not have anywhere near what would be considered a cannon (350' when I was playing seriously). Like I said though, I have always torn up discs that other people rave about being indestructible. I have fondled other people's discs that were seasoned to perfection, and I have always been jealous about not being able to replicate it with mine. Mine beat to greatness too, but they all have jagged rims (even my four year old pearly Z Wasp). My current 11X KC Pro TeeBird thrower has a 2-3" cut slice along the rim (parallel, not perpendicular), and I have no idea how it happened. The last one I had came to me already seasoned and beautiful with a smooth rim, and after the first round it had a scar on it.

I play Idlewild and Banklick Lincoln Ridge mainly and neither are at all that punishing to any of my friends' discs.

M'mmmmm. Picked up 2 baby blues @ GGGT today. They are pearly and swirly like GL plastic and these have a LOWER PLH than my Raspberry Ti. The PLH on these is exactly the same as my old Pearly Z's, which makes me think my Raspberry Ti was just an anomoly. Either way. These babies are sweet. Much more shiney, too. There were some undesireable colors in this new run of production Ti, but the brighter colors are sweet and all of the colors are very pearly or glittery.

304580_10151126192017270_1910307282_n.jpg

If they are like the buzzzes pink will be avalible and likely the most visable

My gold one isnt hrad to find

@ GGGT they had a orange-red color that was no where near what was just posted above^ It was a nice rich orange.

Out of the colors I saw when I picked up my blues, the baby blue was the most visible.

I have a raspberry Ti, (pictured on page 9) and it's not very bright.

These are my blues:
20120906_192502.jpg

There is a lot of swirls in the plastic, but my phone camera didn't capture it too well inside with the ****ty lighting.

[edit]: the orange-red is what you see in the Disc Nation ads at the top of the page, or in this thread:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72080&page=3

Last edited:
Yeah, my raspberry truly is concave in the flight plate. Just a little bit, but it is.

My new blues have a very similar flatness to my old production Z's. A little bit of shoulder, but a real flat flight plate. Feels nice and flat in the hands. No dome like I have seen on some of the new production Z.

Got to throw a Ti wasp today, and I must say it is by far my favorite Ti disc so far. It flew for me like my old pearly Z wasp. Maybe a little more stable, but it was brand new. I expect these will beat in nicely. :clap: :thmbup:

Yup, my new Blues have a lower PLH than my Raspberry (Blues are more identical to my old Zs)- and they fly like it. They fly real, real sweet. A small bit more stable than my seasoned old production Z's. Just like a good, fresh Wasp should.

My Raspberry is concave and is a bit more beefy than that, which definitely still has its uses, but it will always be that "extra beefy wasp" in my bag, so when I need something more stable than my Z's, but not quite my Drone.

All of the other new production Ti that I sifted through has a flat flight plate (not concave) and a PLH identical to that of my blues and my old Z's, so my Raspberry just molded up different.

just scooped these up. brightest colors ive seen in ti. first one looks dirty but thats just the swirls.the second one is very transparent and feels awesome.

20120916_140556.jpg

20120916_140606.jpg

Did you see the pics of my blues on the last page? They are on par with the bright pearl blue Latitude produces. Real swirly and pearly to catch the light.

Have you had a chance to throw yours yet?

The flat tops (My blues are flatties) fly like a good Wasp should. A bit more LSS than a buzzz, but not too beefy.

The concaved tops that I have seen, including my own, have a higher PLH and, judging from my own, have a touch more LSS than the flat tops.

Both fly the same when up to speed (should be very comparable HSS), but the concave tops fade out a little harder.

Last edited: