• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tickler: new courses in the works? Charlotte

Stan McDaniel

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Huey and I are involved in meetings with park and rec in Charlotte and Cornelius (a burb of Charlotte). We have our fingers crossed that these meetings will lead to 2 new courses. 1 would be an advanced/tournament worthy course for advanced/pros and the other would be a shorter more technical course targeting intermediate/advanced and people who don't want to play long courses.

Just throwing this out there for the folks here in Western NC to think about.

You are supposed to say 1978'y so people here know who you are talking about! My course is going to have more elevation than yours na na nana na.

Also, I know where you can find 5 pre poured tee pads right next to your beginner course. Just move them across the street.

1978's will feature a mature wooded area, quite beautiful and also a hi-tension power line easement which could make for some open let'r rip shots. Mine would be a typical wooded Carolina short course with minimal terrain.

Stay tuned Luckless, more details when we get the green lights.

Sweet! That north of Charlotte I-77 corridor has already solidified it's dominance of Charlotte with five 4 Star Courses (Bradford, Nevin, Hornets Nest, RL Smith, Bracketts) before Mark adds another 4 star course (and he will) plus what the Maestro designs.

Charlotte has to many damn courses, come build some here in the Triangle.

Sweet! That north of Charlotte I-77 corridor has already solidified it's dominance of Charlotte with five 4 Star Courses (Bradford, Nevin, Hornets Nest, RL Smith, Bracketts) before Mark adds another 4 star course (and he will) plus what the Maestro designs.

North of I-85 !

Im thinking crossing fairways. Dual "L" shaped 4'x6' teepads to save money and holes alternating 100', 500', 100' 500'. Sound fun? :gross:

Oh and tee signs right at the end of the tee pad. Entire course spike hyzers

North of I-85 !

Im thinking crossing fairways. Dual "L" shaped 4'x6' teepads to save money and holes alternating 100', 500', 100' 500'. Sound fun? :gross:

Oh and tee signs right at the end of the tee pad. Entire course spike hyzers

North of Charlotte off of I-77 corridor, Mr. Smarty Pants.

Just find a way to make every hole like #12 at Bailey (a sub 200ft hole which I've only birded once in like 12 tries and lost a Firebird on). I'm excited to see what you've got dreamed up after cutting teeth on Bradford/Stumpy/Nevin. I'm expecting the course to be very fair but unforgiving if you miss the line. And maybe a few more "death putts" than your prior courses.

1978's will feature a mature wooded area, quite beautiful and also a hi-tension power line easement which could make for some open let'r rip shots. Mine would be a typical wooded Carolina short course with minimal terrain.

Stay tuned Luckless, more details when we get the green lights.

Mmm, yeah baby that's what I like. :D

Like the page Bailey Road Disc on Facebook. I'll post work days there. Also if you PM your email address I can put you on the email list for glow at Bailey road park and work days.

My meeting with MCPR didnt go as well as I had hoped. I was hoping to build mine under the radar but it will have to go through the entire official approval process, which means,,,,,,,,,maybe. Time and lots of meetings later I will know. Mark's should be a much simpler approval process.

What happened to "Opps I accidently already cut it all. Might as well just put some baskets in."

Thanks for Robert and Kyle for helping me get closer to a "final" design. We got a donation that made our lives much easier. Thanks Scott!

Im at a Par 55 around 5200' -5500'. Par 3's from 185' to 400' the par 4, 600'. Don't worry, the holes around 200' arent easy. Plenty of "Charlotte" risk.