• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Timberwolf (Daredevil discs)

Labelkills

Birdie Member
In researching this disc, I found that very few have heard of it or its manufacturer, Daredevil Discs. I assure you I do not work for any disc manufacturer or distributer. I just thought it would be fun to write about this disc which I am enjoying throwing so much. So without further adieu....

I would like to share with you all, the TIMBERWOLF. A straight-flying fairway driver that has it all.

-At a range of 4.5 on Joe's chart, it has the D to get you to the basket on reasonable par three pin positions.
-High speed stability of -.5 means it comes out of the box dead-stable and throws like a long range Z-buzzz. It has a sensitivity to it that allows it to hold straight, hyzer and anny lines
-The low speed stability is 2, the lowest LSS rating of any disc in its class. Once you get it to the pin, it's not going to fade off to the left behind a tree and screw over your birdie putt.
-With a power requirement of only 4, it is more beginner friendly, and you don't have to dislocate your arm to get a decent drive.
-Flex Performance plastic. This stuff is grippy and soft, yet durable enough to maintain stability. Even cold and wet, this plastic gives a secure grip for confident drives. When other discs are kicking a mile off of trees and blowing through chains, the Timberwolf's flex plastic is absorbing the impact and taking strokes off your scorecard.

This disc is "the one" that I have been looking for. The driver that actually goes dead-straight. It's plastic and the mold are very comfortable in the hand. I think this disc deserves some recognition in the DG community and consideration from golfers when looking for a work-horse fairway driver.

Picture6-1.png

Picture4-1.png

timberwolf.jpg

On another note, I enjoyed writing this and I am considering writing more reviews/summaries of other discs. So if you like this thread, this concept, let me know if I should do more.

@triflusal^
A couple of weeks, probably 8 or 10 rounds. I will not claim to have a deep knowledge and understanding of the disc. these are mostly early impressions. A star eagle x is usually my main driver. and this disc is similar so I wanted to try it and bam! I'm in love!

I got the Timberwolf a month ago and have been using it in the field and on the course. It won my heart the first time I threw it at the field and it went out as far as my Sidewinder and Flow on a VERY straight line. I was amazed at the glide this disc has. The grippy feel of the plastic gives you the confidence to really grip-n-rip it. In comparison, the profile of this disc looks extremely close to a current production TeeBird, but slightly flatter top. It is a tiny bit overstable like a TeeBird, but I can't seem to burn it to the right, no matter how hard I rip it on a flat throw (I throw approx 400ft FH/BH). With some practice/effort, I have also put it on some higher flex shots, throwing with anhyzer and it has the ability to come back hyzer by the end of the flight just as I need. Since it is made out of some crazy urethane or something, it stands up to tree strikes with ease. It also doesn't go bouncing from tree trunk to tree trunk like some disc can.

For all these reasons, it will have a spot in my bag for a long time to come.

Yeah I know it looks sweeeet. So it's kind of like a Stalker? Maybe a bit longer?

I have only limited experience with stalkers. Ive only thrown the esp PDGA sign up ones which start a bit more stable than the timberwolf IMO. The timberwolf comes out of the box more similar to how I imagine a lightly used esp stalker would be. Timberwolf also has a greater range on Joe's. I agree with this.

Cons

Some cons, (which i probably should have included in the OP) are....

It is only available in 170-172 gram weights
I think it only comes in orange (plz correct if wrong)
the plastic is soft enough that it seems like it will beat in rather quickly.

All of these are minor in my mind

I know a guy that uses one when he doesn't want to lose a well seasoned Eagle-X.

@triflusal^
A couple of weeks, probably 8 or 10 rounds. I will not claim to have a deep knowledge and understanding of the disc. these are mostly early impressions. A star eagle x is usually my main driver. and this disc is similar so I wanted to try it and bam! I'm in love!

Be sure to tell us how it beats in, this thing sounds sweet

Just got back from the field and threw the Timberwolf on a laser beam line to about 380ft. This disc is not very nose angle sensitive like a lot of my other discs too. Stays low when I need it to. Lovin the Flow too. That keeps out ranging all my other disc easily every throw.

Some cons, (which i probably should have included in the OP) are....

It is only available in 170-172 gram weights
I think it only comes in orange (plz correct if wrong)
the plastic is soft enough that it seems like it will beat in rather quickly.

All of these are minor in my mind

That's correct. Each daredevil disc only comes in one color.

I'm currently caring the Wolverine and Caribou in my bag and love both. Great plastic and great feel. Both seem to follow whatever line I put them on.

Loved the review, BTW.

What Label and Marzac say is ditto for me. The TWolf is a great disc, and added 30' to my drives first round. I love it, and any old codgers would probably benefit from trying it. I bought one, then added two more. SunKing Discs has them. I had trouble finding them in the U.S., and Canadian postal charges were rough. Two new ones from SKD were free shipping. I paid the same amount for two misprints from Daredevil in Ottawa with Canadian shipping. One misprint was fine, but the other (a Beaver putter) was a blue foil on a black stamp 180 degrees rotated. I took them off with acetone.

The Beaver is good, but nothing special to me.

Daredevil seems to be more focused on Freestyle frisbee than DG, but I hope things change and they keep coming out with DG more discs.

Each disc in thier lineup seems to be made from the same mold and carry a different name just due to the material they pour in to it. IE: each putter has the same shape and comes in different plastics, so they name each one separately. Same with mids and same with the drivers. Is this correct and are they the first company to do this?

Daredevil seems to be more focused on Freestyle frisbee than DG, but I hope things change and they keep coming out with DG more discs.

Each disc in thier lineup seems to be made from the same mold and carry a different name just due to the material they pour in to it. IE: each putter has the same shape and comes in different plastics, so they name each one separately. Same with mids and same with the drivers. Is this correct and are they the first company to do this?

That is correct. They utilize 3 molds (Driver, mid-range, and putter) and just do different plastics and weights with each mold to create "different" discs. I'm not sure if they're the first or not...

I regret selling mine a year ago but I have since moved on. It can be easily overpowered and flippy but when thrown within its specified speed range, it is dead straight. It was far gummier than Discraft's FLX but seemed just as durable. What is surprising is that it had better glide than FLX, but that could be the design of the disc.

I have too many discs already and I am a junkie for anything new that comes out because it is an addiction to throw everything so I can have an opinion about everything. Yet if I were to go back to it I would have no troubles hanging onto to it this time. The thing is though, the other Daredevil discs do nothing for me as likely it is for a lot of people, so it definitely hurting the Timberwolf's promotability. I do not remember the last time I had seen a Timberwolf in a store.