• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

TinCups Bag o' Tricks

Sunking I think. Also ordered FLX GLO Buzzzes. I binged on golf disc buying yesterday.
KP

So the SP Hurricanes and FLX GLO Buzzzes showed up today. I reviewed the new Buzzzes in equipment, so I won't do it again. I suppose I will sort some of this stuff out in the coming weeks, but I am suffering from bag overload currently. Someone found and returned an old ESP Force to me this weekend, so that is back in at least temporarily. I have thrown the SP Hurricanes today, and my first impression was that they were more stable than I expected. 174 SP Hurricane = 170 Z Force IMO. The overstability is very workable. Pinned a nice shot with a power fade from about 390-400 throwing downhill. Had to throw an older Force with some hyzer to land that shot, whereas I could smash the Hurricane out flat and it came back very nicely. I like the flight and the plastic, but I want to throw it in some other situations before I think about it being a permanent addition.
KP

if you aren't too attached to those sp hurricanes, and they don't make the bag, i'd be willing to trade for one. just pm me if you're interested. i have quite a bit of cool discraft stuff i think you'd be interested in.

You will have first shot at them if that turns out to be the case. Cryztal FLX Challengers came yesterday. Threw one in from about 310'. That one is in the bag, took the old non-FLX Cryztal out. I had been happy with 3 Challengers and a Zone for driving/approach putters, but it seems to have turned into 4. The problem with more discs can be about 3 fold for me. I won't always take something out unless I lose it which is extremely rare. It adds weight to my rig. And, though I feel like I have made some gains in the mental side of my game, one cannot ignore that having more options can hamper, or at least cloud disc selection, which can mean that you are less than 100% committed to your shot. I could almost take the Zone out, or remove the very straight Soft X Challenger, but for the time being I want to throw them in at least casual rounds. I suppose some sort of small mental alarm went off when I added 3 discs to an 18 disc bag. I think I will just let it sort itself out, and go from there.
KP

Lost 3 discs at a tournament Sunday. All 3 to a large lake. Won't miss the Soft Challenger, or freak overstable 170 Z Force, though it was a pretty green one. I will however miss the Proto GLO Buzzz that I shortarmed. A diver friend has been notified.....
KP

Sorry to hassle you, but are you willing to trade one of the sp hurricanes? Just pm me if you are, I have a lot of nice plastic.

Current Bag.....
Z Nuke
(4)Z Forces
(4) Avengers 3 ESP, 1 Z

(4) Buzzzes 1Z 2FLX 1ZSS
Z Glide

ESP Zone
(3) Challengers 1FLXZ 1FLX 1SoftX

(2) Proto Soft Ions

Ahh wintertime.... The time for pointlessly adding discs to the bag based on what you remember it doing once before. Currently trying to make peace with the overstable end of my high speed driver lineup. Nuke OS is bucking for the most overstable slot. I feel a little naked without at least one Nuke in the bag too, but would like to pare down rather than amp up the number of discs I am hauling around. Other changes include an ESP Surge in for flippy stuff, which meant taking one Avenger out, and swapped one of the original (red sparkle Z) Buzzz SS in for the Z Glide. Also have had to see the chiropractor twice in the past 2 weeks. Form and practice time have both suffered. Have had vapid thoughts about going to an all Ion set up for the driving putters, though a Discraft sponsored friend thinks I should go back to Challengers for putting..... I just wish I had time and decent weather to play. Might spring for a Mystery Ranch bag after the big Christmas expenditure season. Anyways, happy holidays to all.
KP

Brief bag update, prior to major BAG update.... Forces and Avengers only for drivers currently. Still want a Nuke for long uphill drives, will be in and out for different courses. Definitely taking some to Hawk Hollow for VTI. Distance gain over the Force isn't major on flat ground, but Z Nukes bomb uphill. Not trustworthy in the wind, must remember that. OS is out, I don't have the arm for it, and a new Z Force is almost as good of a flick roller disc. Almost. Put a Z Wasp back in. Loving it. Reliable late fade, it hooks up when even a Glo Flx Z Buzzz flies straight. 4 Buzzzes still. Driving putters are ESP Zone, though the Z ones are nice, Flx Z Challenger, Flx Challenger, and maybe a Soft X soon.

The real news is this... After much gnashing of teeth, and a coincedental "Is Revo still relevant?" Thread, I did the unthinkable tonight. I destroyed a Revo Bag. I mean, peices on the floor destroyed. You see, I have always wondered why in the world they didn't bother to put the insulated (even with the hole in the bottom) bottle holders on the dual pack bags. That chintzy ass webbing pocket is pretty useless. And on days (in a mild winter) when you are shedding clothes, where do you put an extra shirt or two? Last weekend at a tournament, I stuffed two shirts in between the mids and putters in the bottom of my dual pack, and fought the hell out of that situation til it cooled off again. My drivers ride in the top, just the way I have always done it. And, let's face it, there are some pretty nice amenities lacking from the dual pack....No external pencil or mini pocket, no large pockets, no provision for umbrella/stool carrying. So, cut to tonight. After mulling it over all day, I came home and made a wish list of what I wanted. I am so in love with the backpack setup, no more quads for me. I know a guy who has the Mahal, and it is nice, I do like the yoke alot. But I already own half a dozen bags, and am more the type of person to try and fix something over buying someone else's solution. So, out comes the knife, and away I went. One of the bags that I have that I don't use anymore is an old Revo Pro or Tour model. Next step down from a Carolina. Not really made for Quads, though you can make them work. I cut both the end two pocket assemblies, replete with drink holders, outside pockets, key keeper, pencil pocket, and zippers off the end. If there was ever a testament to Revolution construction, I am living proof. Almost 2 hours of hand work with a utility knife. No blood lost, thankfully. Then I turned to my dualpack, and gulp, started cutting that up. If you are looking at the the pack from behind, like it was being worn, I cut off the small pocket and webbing assembly completely from the right end. From the left side I cut off just the webbing and drawstring arrangement. If the planning comes to fruition, I will end up with two drink holders, a large zipper pocket on the right, and a large zipper pocket (over the small factory one) on the left. The old bag also sacrificed an interior panel to be made into a mini pocket for the new improved bag, on the putter pocket. Tomorrow we gather up all the pieces and go to the seamstress.....So when it is done, I will have made two bags into the one that I really want, with all the bells and whistles, hopefully. Also save the big loops off the old bag to stitch in for umbrella rings on the new rig. Had a moment of temptation concerning my very expensive North Face backpacking bags straps, lumbar, yoke, and suspension, but I think I can work with the factory straps for a while, and save a 250 dollar hiking bag in the process. I believe that I can purchase something for straps seperately, at a later date. If someone could tell me how to post pictures, I will try and post up some before/during/after shots. Wish me luck, I am going to go fucking ballistic if this doesn't work.......
KP

NoMoreTinCup said:
...If someone could tell me how to post pictures, I will try and post up some before/during/after shots...
Upload them to a hosting site like photobucket, picassa, picturetrail, etc. Then copy and paste the link here. Pretty sure Frank posted an indepth tutorial somewhere but my desire to search for it is pretty low right now.

Much appreciated gents. Tonights progress was slow. The pockets off the old bag are fractionally larger than the side panels on the dualpack, so I had to make a couple small changes to the way it was going to be stitched, which actually looks better, but is significantly more of a pain in the ass. The mini pocket, complete with the retrofitted Revo patch, is going to be pretty awesome. The rest of the project will too, just hard to see the forest for the trees right now. Hope to finish the construction tomorrow evening. I have taken a bunch of pictures, and if it turns out well, I will figure out how to get them on here.
KP

Finished the dualpack overhaul last night around midnight. Had to work today, so I just got done refilling. Pictures are forthcoming, left camera cord at work.... Very pleased with how it turned out. The sewing is very professional looking, and the only rough spots are where panels got nicked around the edges in taking them apart. Invisible from 2 feet away, and the new, larger pocket assemblies look like they belong on the bag. It also looks a good bit larger, but weighs only slightly more. I could go on and on, but pictures will do it more justice.
KP

DSCF0738.jpg

New Rig!
Here is a picture of the finished product. As advertised. The new side pockets are off an old Revo bag, the middle section is a factory DualPack. Though the picture isn't great, the bag is. Loads of new storage. Now have a place for shirts, phone, drinks, pencil, towels, stool, umbrella (used old bag straps), and a mini pocket. The coolest part is the new mini pocket. Sort of spur of the moment (the whole project) but it turned out to be exactly what I wanted. I also added an ABS plate on top of the internal roll cage, to keep the bag more upright. This has been a problem if you store discs in the top. Future plans call for new straps and back padding, a la backpacking bags. Part of this experiment answered the question, "Is Revo still relevant?" for me. The core of my rig is a factory DualPack. I don't like any other storage system as well as this one. However, Revolution has the opportunity (and the parts, obviously) to really do something spectacular. They haven't done it yet. And they could, for not a lot of money on their part. If you have questions, or want specific pictures, let me know, I have or can get more.
KP

If I had had an old Pro bag laying around when I got rid of my Dual Pack, I might have held on to that thing. Very well done. Honestly, aside from the overall weight and how it rides, I think you just fixed all my issues with the Dual Pack. Send those pics to Dave and tell him to step his game up.

Thanks guys. It would certainly seem that it fixed my wish list as far as bags go. In theory, it shouldn't weigh that much more (less umbrella, stool) than the factory one. I hope not to be carrying any MORE stuff, just have better places to put it. We'll see about that. Does anyone know if/where online would be a good place to start looking for backpacking straps and such? I looked at my North Face bag again, but I can't bring myself to cut that up....
KP

In the new bag:
(5) Z Forces
(3) ESP Avengers
(1) Z Avenger

(1) Z Wasp
(1) Glo Flx Z Buzzz
(2) ESP Flx Buzzz
(1) Z Buzzz SS (Am Nats)

(1) LE ESP Zone
(1) Flx Z Challenger
(2) ESP Flx Challenger
(1) X Soft Banger

(1) Proto Ion
(1) Eclipse Glo Ion

Trying to sort some wheat and chaff. I would love to end up with one less driver, and one less driving putter. If I could find an Flx Challenger that would flip and stay over, I would take out the Banger. I am averse to throwing my putting putters as drivers. I have given some thought to switching to MVP putters as driving putters, but I am very familiar with the Challengers, and I have some nice ones. In the meantime, it is working pretty well. As far as the bag.... it's damn nice. I need to refine a couple of things, namely, the ABS plate I put in on top of the roll cage makes getting discs in and out a little difficult without tilting them. This also keeps them from falling out, which is good, though not really a problem. The same plate, while keeping the drivers up off the lower discs, allows the upper discs to lay in there at an angle and push the putter pocket out, which makes the putters tight coming in and out. I thought about an accordion insert for the top, but am not sure thats the answer. I was thinking of taking the plate out and drilling some holes in it for weight reduction, and perhaps the correct pattern of holes would keep the discs in the top more upright. Neither of these issues is that big, but there is room for improvement, and I feel like I have already done the biggest/hardest part.
Still thinking about straps......
KP

Added (2) accordion dividers from an old Innova bag to the top storage of my bag. Solved the slippage issue with the drivers. Looks pretty bangin' too.
Added 168 Z Pred, took out a light ESP Avenger. Also trying out Ringers, with some success. Looking for premo plastic though.
KP

Latest posts