• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Titan Disc Golf Basket

Thanks. So would you say its the best basket for a private course for around 100 bucks ?

It's a lot of basket for $109 delivered, 46 lbs so it's the beefiest. If portability were not much of a concern I think it's the best value under $200.

Thanks. So would you say its the best basket for a private course for around 100 bucks ?

Without question the best in its price range. (I have also added double chains to mine) I have MVP hive, instep and Costco baskets on my course also and the Titan is much nicer.
Now if you were buying a practice basket you planned on moving maybe not these suckers are HEAVY and not the easiest to assemble/disassemble.
A tip for you if you go to Titan dist. Website and call them they may cut you a small price break buying multiples and the shipping was crazy fast too less than 24 hours to MO!

Without question the best in its price range. (I have also added double chains to mine) I have MVP hive, instep and Costco baskets on my course also and the Titan is much nicer.
Now if you were buying a practice basket you planned on moving maybe not these suckers are HEAVY and not the easiest to assemble/disassemble.
A tip for you if you go to Titan dist. Website and call them they may cut you a small price break buying multiples and the shipping was crazy fast too less than 24 hours to MO!
The heavier the better. I like the fact that it has 10" basket depth rather than 7" on most other practice baskets.

Fail... Gateway's basket is called the Titan.

I should start a company called Disc Catcher.

Fail... Gateway's basket is called the Titan.

I should start a company called Disc Catcher.

I thought that was pretty funny myself. They Titan dist. Seems to primarily deal in heavy equipment parts and acc. Skid steers ect how they got DG baskets I have no clue but I'm sure they never even heard of gateway lol

It says on their website that the chains are stainless steel, as of Jan 2016 -- wonder if it's a mistake or a recent upgrade.

From Josh DeLee at Jan 31, 2016
Question: Are your chains zinc or galvanized? Thanks

Answer: The chains are stainless steel. The frame and basket are galvanized.

Warm Regards -Jason

Impressed

The 109.00 version arrived today and as mentioned earlier, it is a beefy son of a gun.
With 18 stout chains on the outside, I can't imagine needing an inner row.
Thanks for all the good info.

Wife told me today to pick out a father's day gift. I'm leaning toward the $109 version of this. Not concerned about weight, just want something sturdy. Is this pretty much the best deal out or should I keep shopping?

It's a good basket for sure, but i liked the mvp black hole pro better, even though it's more expensive. The bhp has an inner row of chains.
The titan does not.

Last edited:
Update: After almost a month of using my basket, I can say it was a great purchase. Easy to assemble and catches great! I have used it pretty close to daily since I got it. The only negative is it's pretty heavy to move. I carry across the street to my little park area but for a further trip with it, I would definitely have to put it in the car. If you're looking for a practice basket for right around a hundred bucks, I wholeheartedly recommend this one.

My only complaint with my titan big boy... is that the paint chips off quite easily. Otherwise, catches great. Have had lots of compliments.

Latest posts