• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Titan Disc Golf Basket

I was looking at both models, for $14 more the other one looks a lot beefier. What made you choose this one over the $109 model?

Mainly, the weight. I want to use it in my back yard and take it to the park area down the street where I practice. 15 pounds is a big difference. I agree that the other is more heavy-duty but I thought this one was a good compromise between weight and sturdiness.

Mainly, the weight. I want to use it in my back yard and take it to the park area down the street where I practice. 15 pounds is a big difference. I agree that the other is more heavy-duty but I thought this one was a good compromise between weight and sturdiness.

Ok, sounds good. The only thing about this one is the outside chains are spread really far apart, will be interested if you get a lot of pole bounce outs. Is that one galvanized like the heavier one? On the heavier one, only the chains are not galvanized.

Ok, sounds good. The only thing about this one is the outside chains are spread really far apart, will be interested if you get a lot of pole bounce outs. Is that one galvanized like the heavier one? On the heavier one, only the chains are not galvanized.

Supposedly, it's galvanized. I'll have to wait and see. Not planning to leave it outside, so hopefully, no rust. The bounce out/cut through thing worries me a little but if it is an issue, I can spend a few dollars at Lowe's and add some. It should be here in the next few days. I will post an update once I've tried it out. Fingers crossed!

Apparently, this is a re-branded DGA M-14, judging by the link to the assembly instructions (or at least they are assembled identically).
If it is a DGA M-14, this is a really good price.

You probably want to plan on adding chains to improve catchability. 14 chains for a double-chain basket is only 7 chains per row. Adding chains is fortunately very easy to do.

Last edited:
Apparently, this is a re-branded DGA M-14, judging by the link to the assembly instructions (or at least they are assembled identically).
If it is a DGA M-14, this is a really good price.

You probably want to plan on adding chains to improve catchability. 14 chains for a double-chain basket is only 7 chains per row. Adding chains is fortunately very easy to do.

Thanks a lot for the info! I was hoping chains were easy to add. I'll have to check it out when it arrives but I'm hoping, and maybe you know, that the chains simply slip on to the top ring?

Got my basket today. It is, as was stated by Discjunkie, a DGM-14. Putted for about an hour with no cut-throughs, even though there aren't a lot of chains on it. It's very sturdy, and for less than $100, I'm really happy with it. Should last a long time if I keep it out of the weather. Would definitely get another one. My playing partner is getting one, so we can set up a couple of temp holes in the park area where we practice.

Got my basket today. It is, as was stated by Discjunkie, a DGM-14. Putted for about an hour with no cut-throughs, even though there aren't a lot of chains on it. It's very sturdy, and for less than $100, I'm really happy with it. Should last a long time if I keep it out of the weather. Would definitely get another one. My playing partner is getting one, so we can set up a couple of temp holes in the park area where we practice.

Glad to hear it catches well and that you like it, they do look like quality baskets for the $. Sounds like you don't need to add any chains if it's catching that well.

Thanks a lot for the info! I was hoping chains were easy to add. I'll have to check it out when it arrives but I'm hoping, and maybe you know, that the chains simply slip on to the top ring?

In my experience, you can use inexpensive carabiners or even tie-wraps to secure extra chains on most baskets.
Both are easy and very sturdy. Carabiners will stand up to outside weather better than tie-wraps.
I just got 20 2" carabiners for $2.23 shipped, so they can be very affordable.

In my experience, you can use inexpensive carabiners or even tie-wraps to secure extra chains on most baskets.
Both are easy and very sturdy. Carabiners will stand up to outside weather better than tie-wraps.

Where did you get the carabiners?

Glad to hear it catches well and that you like it, they do look like quality baskets for the $. Sounds like you don't need to add any chains if it's catching that well.

Yeah, so far no need to add chains but the carabiner/tie wrap solution is brilliant. I'm sure I can find some on Amazon for cheap.

So, does the $109 model have double chains ?
Anyone had one outside in the elements for an extended period of time ?

Yes, but only two rows of 7 chains each.
For reference, most baskets have 9-14 chains per row.

Where did you get the carabiners?

Amazon or eBay.
You have to hunt a bit for the good deals on qty.
(They tend to list the 2 for $10 items first.)

Also, the really inexpensive ones will come from overseas.

No, that one has only outside chains and no inner ring to attach inner chains. The only thing not galvanized are the chains, so they would be the weak link leaving it outside for an extended period.

I have a few of the more expensive Titan baskets on my private course and they were outside all winter.
The pole basket and top all look brand new. The coating on the chains seems very spotty parts of the chains rusted almost instantly. That being said the chains are SUPER heavy (maybe too heavy) so they could rust for years before it became an issue.

I have a few of the more expensive Titan baskets on my private course and they were outside all winter.
The pole basket and top all look brand new. The coating on the chains seems very spotty parts of the chains rusted almost instantly. That being said the chains are SUPER heavy (maybe too heavy) so they could rust for years before it became an issue.
Thanks. So would you say its the best basket for a private course for around 100 bucks ?

Yes, but only two rows of 7 chains each.
For reference, most baskets have 9-14 chains per row.

No, that one has only outside chains and no inner ring to attach inner chains. The only thing not galvanized are the chains, so they would be the weak link leaving it outside for an extended period.

I was incorrect.
The $109 does not have double chains.
The $88 basket has the double row of seven chains each.
Thanks to Consult20 for the correct answer.

I was incorrect.
The $109 does not have double chains.
The $88 basket has the double row of seven chains each.
Thanks to Consult20 for the correct answer.

No prob, I emailed them about that basket and they confirmed the galvanizing. I also indicated it was too bad they didn't add an inner ring so people would have the option to add inner chains if they wanted. They are going to pass that along to their product development team so a future version may include it -- I can't imagine it would add much to the cost.

Latest posts