• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Titan Pro Portable Basket

Update on that 18 chain basket I bought from Titan Outdoors.

Really happy with it, really don't feel like modifying anything. I think it catches just fine. Hasn't once spit out a putt that made me think, Wow. That should have gone in. :\
Put a good putt on the chains, and it's in.
It's even caught a few questionable shots. Every missed putt deserved not to find the basket.

Small amount of rust on the chains hasn't spread, nor has it bothered me. Sooner or later, I'll come across my wire bush and see if I can clean that off.

It feels quite solid carrying it in/out of my garage., Haven't had to re-tighten anything.

But I wouldn't recommend repeatedly assembling/disassembling it on any type of regular basis. Nothing specific makes me say that, it's just my gut feeling that after doing that a bunch of times, it wouldn't feel as solid.

The chains have a lot of motion to them, and tend to sway a bit longer than what we see on the course, but they do have a nice, crisp chime against the pole.

For $75 delivered to my door?!
ZERO complaints. :D

Last edited:
Took it out today and noticed a noticeable amount of rust on the chains. :mad: :(.

Not all that much, but jeez, I've only had it 3 freakin' days, and kept it in my garage. It rained Friday, so I suppose the humidity in the air is what did it, but.... so soon? WTF?

Putted on it today, and it nothing worth noting about it's catching ability. It catches everything you expect a good basket to catch. I'm not gonna claim it's as good as what you'd find on the course, but I haven't had what I'd consider a bad spit yet.

Curious to see how fast the rust propagates. :\
Unfortunately, Titan Outdoors doesn't seem to carry it anymore, but this is what I got.

So, nearly 2 yrs later, the small amount of rust hasn't spread (note that it's stored in my garage, so it's not exposed to the elements).
Can't beat it for $74 to my door.
Haven't modified anything, and I'm happy. :)

Attachments

• 7zr6hsl1z0s41.jpg
    7zr6hsl1z0s41.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Used this a long time ago. Now using Remix Deluxe Practice Basket for Disc Golf which I purchase a few days ago after comparing some of the best options available in the market.

Last edited: