• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discatcher Pro or Titan Portable?

Which basket should I get (see details on how I'll use it in the post)?

• Discatcher Pro

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Tital Portable

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brey

Was looking to get a Gateway Titan Portable basket but they're temporarily out of stock so I've been looking around a bit more. I can get a Discatcher Pro locally for about $50 more than a Titan Portable.

I already have a basket for the backyard - I'm looking for another high-quality one that I can carry out into the field behind my fance (maybe 100 yards each way) for practice and that I can use at local clinics I run. I also have an older Discatcher Sport, which honestly hasn't aged terribly well (getting some rust, etc.). It also doesn't set up terribly tight - even with the set screws, I don't like the wobble it produces when set up. While I don't want to spend the $50 if I don't have to, I'm willing to spend what's needed for the best choice. I definitely want a high-quality basket (but one that's still partially portable) for the situation.

So, on one hand I'd like the Titan for better portability and the Discatcher Pro because it seems like it'd probably last longer.

Suggestions on which should I get? Thoughts on durability and how solidly both connect together? Anyone assembled a portable Discatcher Pro? Any wobble in it anywhere? The newer Titan portable says it's powder coated (basket and top) but I've heard it's hot-dipped galvanized in other places. Anyone know for sure which it is? I don't want something that won't last. Thoughts on if the Discatcher Pro is that much heavier?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have a discatcher pro and I like it. It catches good and is made of good material. I've had it for 6 months and is has not shown any wear. I cannot vouch for the titan as I've never thrown at one.

I have a discatcher pro and I like it. It catches good and is made of good material. I've had it for 6 months and is has not shown any wear. I cannot vouch for the titan as I've never thrown at one.

Thanks for the input.

How's the fit of everything? Is there any slop/wiggle when everything's tightened down? The Innova web site says it uses quick release screws, but doesn't offer much more than that. My Innova Discatcher Sports screws allow for a lot of wiggle when everything's assembled.

The pro uses a solid pole and bolts together and uses set screws to tighten down there is no wobble but it's not quick release.

The Titan uses to poles that all slot together and used absolutely no tools to assemble and disassemble there is no wobble.

I Have both baskets but they're both new so I can't comment as to the durability yet.

The Titan is much more portable as when disassembles everything fits together in the basket can be carried easily.

The pro uses a solid pole and bolts together and uses set screws to tighten down there is no wobble but it's not quick release.

The Titan uses to poles that all slot together and used absolutely no tools to assemble and disassemble there is no wobble.

I Have both baskets but they're both new so I can't comment as to the durability yet.

The Titan is much more portable as when disassembles everything fits together in the basket can be carried easily.

Great feedback, thanks. Out of curiosity, if you could keep just one, which would it be?

Sounds like pro for what you are describing it's intended use will be
Put a big wheel on the base and just roll it back and fourth.

Great feedback, thanks. Out of curiosity, if you could keep just one, which would it be?

I've got 8 different baskets. Of the two I would keep the pro because it has always been my favorite basket and the only Titan I've played on is mine while many courses have the pro.

Of all 8 I'd keep the Chainstar because it is a solid pole all galvanized with a wheel on the base and two of my three local courses use them.

My truck has a topper on the bed so portability isn't an issue for me.

I've got 8 different baskets. Of the two I would keep the pro because it has always been my favorite basket and the only Titan I've played on is mine while many courses have the pro.

Of all 8 I'd keep the Chainstar because it is a solid pole all galvanized with a wheel on the base and two of my three local courses use them.

My truck has a topper on the bed so portability isn't an issue for me.

Perfect, thanks for the feedback!!

Latest posts