• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Titan Pro Portable Basket

Mulligan

Double Eagle Member
I was just about to order a bullseye style basket when I stumbled onto this deal.
Signed up for email and I got another 5% off, so it ended up being $71 shipped to help me not lose my mind during this pandemic.

Seems to be like a DGA M14 had a baby with a Discatcher Sport.
Should be plenty for my needs, but I'll report back after I get it and spend some time with it.
Anyone else have one?

Last edited:
At first I was amazed that you got gateway's titan basket at that price. Then I followed the link, should be ok for the money though.

It looks like The company with the V2 as opposed to the original model looks to have some kind of sprayed on galvanizing compound unlike the the original and the basket chains have the zinc coating to them. This looks lot more durable then the older model people had to replace the chains and the rest who did not use some kind of Spray On Galvanizing Compound or at least the clear coat spray paint on the basket. I would put some of the Spray On Galvanizing Compound on the basket just to be safe to prevent rusting if they are going to sit out all year.

Last edited:
I was just about to order a bullseye style basket when I stumbled onto this deal.
Signed up for email and I got another 5% off, so it ended up being $71 shipped to help me not lose my mind during this pandemic.

Seems to be like a DGA M14 had a baby with a Discatcher Sport.
Should be plenty for my needs, but I'll report back after I get it and spend some time with it.
Anyone else have one?

I have 2 of these baskets. They catch alright. There are always some chain outs though. It's just part of buying a cheaper basket.

I have 2 of these baskets. They catch alright. There are always some chain outs though. ItÂ's just part of buying a cheaper basket.

The Innova Sport Single chain also has some Chain out due to the weight of the chains being a tad lighter then those found on permanent course type baskets.

I think the newer version of Innova Sport 24 chain was made for this reason and for places like Ski hills that in summer have disc golf to supplement income in that period to have better baskets and Innova was seeing people take extra chains they bought and added to the inner ring that is on the basket before the top ring. Lightning DB-5 Baskets do not have this problem as bad as they use the weight of chains most brands use for permanent course baskets.

All fair points. I'd def take a Lightning DB-5 or a heavier weight DGA but, I mean, $71 to your door is kind of unbeatable.
Arrives tomorrow, too! Like crazy fast shipping.

All fair points. I'd def take a Lightning DB-5 or a heavier weight DGA but, I mean, $71 to your door is kind of unbeatable.
Arrives tomorrow, too! Like crazy fast shipping.

Yes that us a good deal all around, if it catches as well as the Innova Sport 18 chain basket, if not can always get chain from a home fix place and get some better chain the same weight as what is on the basket.

Yes that us a good deal all around, if it catches as well as the Innova Sport 18 chain basket, if not can always get chain from a home fix place and get some better chain the same weight as what is on the basket.
This is what I did with my Innova Discatcher Sport, added 9 rows inner chains, and it catches as well if not better than any pro series baskets I have seen at local disc golf courses.

This is what I did with my Innova Discatcher Sport, added 9 rows inner chains, and it catches as well if not better than any pro series baskets I have seen at local disc golf courses.

Yep this is why Innova now only makes the Innova 24 chain baskets with 6 set of inner chains, they were seeing others add at least 6 but more often 9 chains for the inner set going every other chain set so they made the 24 set due to the demand yet managed to keep the price nearly the same as the 18 chain set, maybe only $5-$10 more.

I know a guy who has/had an Innova 18 chain sport for his yard and he added better 18 set of outer chains using the inner 18 as the catching set with thin or aluminum S hooks he could easily bend with pliers so the chain sets could set permanently between the outer chain sets on that inner ring. This was well before better less priced baskets like the MVP HD or the Grow the sport models were made for general home use, even the less priced knockoff model we are talking about so the Innova Sportcatcher was as good as it got.

They've been out of stock on the 18 chain one for a few days now. They only have a 12 chain in stock, but they're the same price.

Did you end up liking your new basket?

I just got it out a couple of days ago. Looks like a small weld at the outer upper rim where the chains connect to the top broke in shipping (the box was pretty banged up), which I'll fix by just using a zip tie to secure it up. The chain ends come with small carabiner clips that you use to connect it at the top. Except that the loops all were open far enough to just slip the chains on, which mean the chains fell off whenever you putted, and required closing them up tight with pliers.

Poles are connected with Allen wrench screws, and you need to crank them down, so not a setup you'll want to tear down a bunch. Everything seems well made and the weight isn't crazy... I've got mine in the basement instead of outdoors and its not too hard to get up and down stairs, more awkward than anything.

All that being said, its pretty solidly made, and I'm happy with it. The chains could be heavier, and its not amazing at catching, but those were things I assumed going into it. It catches pretty well, but I'll report back on what specific quirks it might have after I have more time with it. For the money, I'm totally happy with it.

So, this just arrived. Took about 10 min to put together and cost me $70 + tax = $74.
18 Chains:

https://www.titangreatoutdoors.com/...e-disc-golf-basket-target-catcher-894120.html
Site now has it at $99, so I'm glad I pulled the trigger when I did. :D

Seems decent enough for personal practice. I won't be leaving it outside.
First impression is it's a bit loud. Will let you know more once I know more, but for under $75 shipped to my door... seems like a decent basket and then some.

Took it outside with stack of putters, threw about 50-60 putts. No complaints. Feels pretty solid, not rickety at all. Caught everything it should have. Didn't reject anything that was reasonably on target. Even caught a few weak-side chain shots.

The blue ring at the top has a burr I need to file down, but overall, I'm very pleased.

Other than drilling into the blue ring, and attaching them there, I don't see an easy way to add an inner row of chains... but so far I'm happy as it is.

This bad boy will have me looking better missing putts on the course in no time!

Last edited:
Took it outside with stack of putters, threw about 50-60 putts. No complaints. Feels pretty solid, not rickety at all. Caught everything it should have. Didn't reject anything that was reasonably on target. Even caught a few weak-side chain shots.

The blue ring at the top has a burr I need to file down, but overall, I'm very pleased.

Other than drilling into the blue ring, and attaching them there, I don't see an easy way to add an inner row of chains... but so far I'm happy as it is.

This bad boy will have me looking better missing putts on the course in no time!

I would use thin wire like S hooks that can be easily bent so the top part of the S is not able to move from the spot you put it on. The other is using a set of metal Zip-Ties that hold the inner chains to exactly where you want so as to keep the chains in place and using tin snips or other thing to cut to 2 cm or ~1 inch above the lock spot of the metal Zip-Tie. Using only every other one, for the top outer chain holders, 27 total with 9 inner chains get used.

Now for the inner ring a round plastic or metal if can be found Shower ring made to fit onto poles that are non movable, is what I would use for that part. That is if you do not want to use an S hook onto the already existing set of chain.

Last edited:
Took it out today and noticed a noticeable amount of rust on the chains. :mad: :(.

Not all that much, but jeez, I've only had it 3 freakin' days, and kept it in my garage. It rained Friday, so I suppose the humidity in the air is what did it, but.... so soon? WTF?

Putted on it today, and it nothing worth noting about it's catching ability. It catches everything you expect a good basket to catch. I'm not gonna claim it's as good as what you'd find on the course, but I haven't had what I'd consider a bad spit yet.

Curious to see how fast the rust propogates. :\

Last edited:
Took it out today and noticed a noticeable amount of rust on the chains. :mad: :(.

Not all that much, but jeez, I've only had it 3 freakin' days, and kept it in my garage. It rained Friday, so I suppose the humidity in the air is what did it, but.... so soon? WTF?

Putted on it today, and it nothing worth noting about it's catching ability. It catches everything you expect a good basket to catch. I'm not gonna claim it's as good as what you'd find on the course, but I haven't had what I'd consider a bad spit yet.

Curious to see how fast the rust propogates. :\

They make Gavaninzing compound from Rust Olium in at least a spray paint. If it is just the chains that can be easily fixed by replacing them.

My Innova Discatcher Sport is built just like your Titan basket. I added 9 rows of chains, one every other hanger. I just used split links to attach the chain to the upper hanger and S hooks to attach them to the lower ring. I also took about a 1.5 inch length of flexible fuel line to put on the upper hanger on the outside of the blue band to space the inner row of chains where I want them to be. Actually used two pieces of fuel line, one a little larger than the other to slip over the first one and make them thick enough to appropriately secure the chain in place. Then used some colored duct tape to wrap around the fuel line to hold it together. Sounds a little detailed, but once done it looks pretty nice. When I get time I will try to post a picture as one picture is worth a thousand words etc.:thmbup:

View attachment 72091

This is the picture of my extra chains on my Discatcher Sport.

I like the Idea, I would have a front set 1/2 inch gap in-between to keep the one set from sliding too much with the rubbing off of the paint and use a single layer of tape to keep the chains from removing paint. It is what I would do to the current 24 double chain Innova Sport set, those inner set just float there.

Latest posts