• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Titanium plastic

I have only thrown a few TI buzzzes out of other people's bags so I can't talk about the way the discs feel in general. I can say that these are a huge money maker for Discraft and all of it's vendors/resellers though. The per dollar profit on this plastic for Discraft and for the vendor is huge!
They saw a trend/demand and they filled it so good business on their part. Now as far as the discs flying the way they should and not being crappy...

Every Ti midrange Ive seen (Wasp and Buzzz) have looked and felt fine. I love my Ti buzzz and my wasp. The grip feels great to me and I got lucky and didn't get one that was super stiff. They both are slightly less stable than a normal Z though. However I have a Ti nuke as well and it is super overstable, like Nuke OS stable.

The buzzz has been holding up really well. Been in the bag since they came out and it has no major gouges yet. but the wasp hit a brick wall the first week i had it and the lip is kinda frayed up from it.

I have a Ti Buzzz and just ordered a second and a Ti Wasp (the one I have is the green you can't find in grass, leaves, etc.).

The grip is good, the dome is dead flat, and it's been a great disc when I've thrown it.

I love the Buzzzes and Wasps and I liked the Stalkers before I swapped those out for XLs, but I'm not a fan of the Forces or the Nukes. The Nukes are just stupid overstable and the Forces that I've thrown are just not doing it for me. I'll stick with my Z's and ESP's for those, but Ti Buzzzes are money!

So I know I'm resurrecting a thread. However I was just wondering how these discs have stood the test of time. Did they change the blend? Do they still warp? Do people like these? Are there easier colors to find now? I know they did the ace race disc in ti, and I thought I remembered someone saying it was a diff blend of plastic. Just checking to see how its going.

i hope they do change it, its too slick for me
i only have a pink buzzz and blue stalker
i only use the buzzz in the summer, kinda forgot i had the stalker

I bought a green Ti Buzzz as well. It was the most expensive disc I've ever bought and the least used too. I'll just say it's not for me. The grip feels weird. I prefer my Roc3 and Flying Squirrel.

I'm just gonna say: if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I've had a lot of different buzz and buzz ss and they are all a little bit different. If you get one you like, stick with it. No need to change to upgrade the plastic IMO. Life will force you to change when it gets lost one day, which is what happened to all my favorites :(

But I got some new ones that are almost as good :)

I throw buzzz's of all plastic for 50%+ of my game and i can say that TI durability is strong, they start a tick less stable then z, but hold stability longer, my z buzzz's get bent out of shape with a hard tree knock where TI does not. Grip wise, both z and and ESP ate better, but not by much

I actually really like my TI Buzzz. It is my go to mid and it is just as stable as it was when I bought it. Its real durable. And my copper/orange color is pretty damn easy to find. I know there's lots of bad colors though.

The Ti nuke and force i've thrown are waaaay too slick, stiff and overstable. However I like the emac Ti wasp a lot, and some Ti buzz are nice. Really inconsistent imo.

I found all of my Ti discs to be equally or more durable to my Z and opto discs. Fairly stiff, very hard, and fairly slick. Pick decent colors and they are obviously just as easy to find as any other disc. It is a beautiful and very pretty plastic if you are looking for a Z disc it is worth a detour. The one and only qualm I have with it is that some discs tend to not mold up as perfectly. this is true of most companies and plastics but if you are used to the amazingly consistent molding of a Z buzzz it can be disconcerting if your Ti buzzz has a slightly less uniform flight plate or your stalker is abnormally flat and overstable. Great plastic, very underrated.

GL = better looking, better grip, better glide and much less durability. The only common traits GL and TI have are shinny opaque plastic

TI Nukes are generally pretty OS. Its a good disc if youre looking for an OS Nuke that i not the Nuke OS. Those first cople runs of TI Stalkers were also pretty darn OS for a stalker. Not sure if that has changed at all. And to me the TI Buzzz is a little straighter than a new Z buzzz. And the big thing for most people is that TI is stiffer than their other pastic, so if you like it that way then itll be good for you. The price is also way high for this disc.

TI Nukes are generally pretty OS. Its a good disc if youre looking for an OS Nuke that i not the Nuke OS. Those first cople runs of TI Stalkers were also pretty darn OS for a stalker. Not sure if that has changed at all. And to me the TI Buzzz is a little straighter than a new Z buzzz. And the big thing for most people is that TI is stiffer than their other pastic, so if you like it that way then itll be good for you. The price is also way high for this disc.

ive thrown around 4 ti stalkers and they all are really beefy. makes it so i can have one mold for all fairway purposes cuz i beat up z as well. also wasp was slightly more OS and i bag one of those to compliment my z wasps. sadly ti wasp and ti stalker are OOP now according to discrafts website

I would love to have a TI Stalker in the bag. If only I could find one in a bright color. Why can't Discraft make bright colored TI discs? Discraft does so much right, but produces so many TI discs the same color as mud.

Latest posts