• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

To anyone in the Fort Worth, Keller, Haltom City area...

fireborne

First off, I'm not sure if this should be in the technique section or the courses section, so Mod's if this seems out of place, feel free to move it as you see fit.

Now on to my post...

I started playing disc golf about 4 years ago, but only stuck with it for about a year and a half. I was doing pretty good back then, and was definitely getting a better backhand drive then than I am now. I started playing again around July of last year, and got in to it more seriously than I had before. I made the newbie mistakes of buying lots of discs, mostly too overstable for my renewed interest in the game.

As it is now, I have a group of friends that I play with (about 8 of them), and I just can't for the life of me get my distance driving back up to par (pun intended, as I usually bogie or double-bogie on most games). I've been working on my short game and it has improved considerably. However my drives have not. I have read almost everything I can online, watched nearly every video available and even bought the Ken Climo/Dave Feldberg DVD which I have rigorously watched and practiced. I've worked on the Dan Beato technique too, which did help with my consistency but not really my distance.

So, here is what I'm getting at. I haven't met any of the other really good players in my area, and I'm hoping that this request will get some replies. I would like very much to get out and play with some better players so I can watch their techniques and hopefully receive some helpful feedback. (The guys I play with now just say "Good shot" or "Awww man...")

I can be available most every weekday after 4:00PM, and on weekends I'm usually at Arcadia II, North Park, Bear Creek, or sometimes (rarely though) Veterans in Arlington. But I'm usually available between 9:00AM till dark on weekends, as I'm really getting serious about my game and would love to get into some tournaments (rec or amateur) this summer if I can improve my drives.

If anyone would care to lend a helping hand, I would be most grateful. If your time is too limited, I would even consider paying on a "per lesson" basis if you feel you can really help my game. I do realize that this isn't going to be a "oh, this is what you're doing wrong. see, now you're throwing 400' consistently" kind of thing, but I'm willing to invest the time and effort if someone is willing to help me out. Plus it would always be a good thing to have more people to play the game with!

So, please feel free to reply with suggestions, or offers to go out and play. I would really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance to all who reply!

I'd love to help you out as best I can. I live in Keller and play those 3 courses that you mentioned quite a bit. Arcadia is the best place to work on your distance. Send me a PM with a time and day that you want to play and we can meet up. I'm good to play after 4 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Weekends are always up in the air for me.
I'll be at Bear Creek around 5 tonight with the wife.
I know of another guy that lives in the area and is on this website...I won't mention his name just now, but I'm sure he'll respond soon anyway. He has a similar story. He just got back in the game recently and was having trouble with distance at first. I know that he has added 50-75 feet to his drives in the last few months. He'd be a good person to talk with as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts